• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Too bad they don't send those out to try.

I've tried keyboards and while they're "decent" subs for a hitbox, I dunno what is a good "spaced" layout to emulate a hitbox.

I've tried sticks and:
9a92x0rtu7w.gif

The layout is so... foreign and cramped in general for me. Doesn't help that the stick also over compensates my inputs (236 becomes 2369) in a fashion. :/

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So do we know of DLC characters in the pipe line? Adachi?

Doubt there will be any info on that for a while. IF now IF anything maybe at the TGS. But considering the game just came out here in Japan 2 weeks ago + its not even out in the US would be a little bit of business suicide to announce new characters already.

*Quote removed - spoiler has been tagged. Thanks!

Sophia

What if we all shopped Junpei hats on our avatars? Do you think some random algorithm will notify Atlus and cause a chain of events leading to Junpei as DLC?

Junpei's hat may be badass but I'm not ruining my new avatar over it. :p

Maybe the Female Protag. >_>;

Btw Id consider that spoilers, which should be marked. Need to remember that folks in the US dont have the game yet and out of common courtesy marking anything that could be a potential spoiler is appreciated. :)

Noted, I changed my post to err on the side of caution, so you might want to as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What if we all shopped Junpei hats on our avatars? Do you think some random algorithm will notify Atlus and cause a chain of events leading to Junpei as DLC?

I'll shop Minato's earphones and Tatsuya's hoodie onto Akihiko instead. Deal?

Noted, I changed my post, so you might want to as well.

Marrshu, are you maining Aigis? A good Aigis player would be nice to spar with :)

Does FemMC have a name?

I'll shop Minato's earphones and Tatsuya's hoodie onto Akihiko instead. Deal?

If my avatar had the real-estate I'd get Masao Inaba's beanie all over this Chie.

Parakeetman

Noted, I changed my post to err on the side of caution, so you might want to as well.

Thanks much appreciated removed my original post with the quote. :)

Sophia

This week needs to hurry up and get over with. I'm itching for a fighting game to play. It's so bad I even popped in vanilla Blazblue into my PS3 for a few rounds. D:

This week needs to hurry up and get over with. I'm itching for a fighting game to play. It's so bad I even popped in vanilla Blazblue into my PS3 for a few rounds. D:

The anticipation is painful, but nothing like the wait for P5 will be. This is training mode. Hey besides, plenty of spoiler free stuff to watch in the meantime :)

Parakeetman

One thing thats really great about the streams is gives you a better idea of the characters you want to pick and how their play styles generally look in action.

Before the game came out here was watching Labrys footage and other stuff from arcade recordings.

Though yeah its no where close to actually playing the real thing so can sympathize with the notion. D:

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From the anime thread:

Well this is an awkward way to release the Persona 4 anime here

HOUSTON, July 31, 2012 – Sentai Filmworks announces a release configuration change. The September 18, 2012 release of “Persona 4 The Animation” Collection 1 on Blu-Ray will contain English language dub but not the original Japanese language. This change has been required by the Japanese licensor.

The revised Blu-Ray configuration of “Persona 4 The Animation” Collection 1 will be priced at $59.98 reflecting a shift from the former $69.98 price point.

“Persona 4 The Animation” Collection 1 on DVD will contain both English and Japanese audio, as well as the Japanese episode commentaries. Pricing for the DVD release is unchanged.

So the BR release is no longer dual-audio but the DVDs are. :/

alstein

Did these companies not pay attention to when Kurokami the Animation tried this? -_-

lol at $60 for half a series that doesn't even include Japanese audio.

This makes me wonder if Atlus is really the force behind the region-locking of this game now.
The two may be related.

Sophia

This makes me wonder if Atlus is really the force behind the region-locking of this game now.
The two may be related.

As I was saying elsewhere, it was almost certainly not Atlus's decision to region lock the game. Probably something to do with the music licensing. :\

kewlmyc

From the anime thread:

So the BR release is no longer dual-audio but the DVDs are. :/
Preorder canceled, especially if the rumor that not all the game dub cast are in the anime.

Anybody know if the arranged songs are selectable in-game?
No.

I was thinking of using Aegis as a secondary. Possibly Yousuke as a third.

FemMC was given the name "Minato" in some circles.
That's the male MC's name. The Japanese call FeMC "Hamuko" though.

Parakeetman

The two may be related.

No its usually the companies related to the VA / Music that pull this sort of stuff with allowing for use internationally. (AKA asking for a shitload of money) Licensing is generally done with domestic and international (broken up by regions) separately. While not game related have had experience dealing with this sort of headaches. Not fun at all, since it really just boils down to how much $$$ you can throw at them basically. Depending on the license holder can range from expensive to unrealistic.

Seriously dumb move on their behalf which will bite them in the ass with how easy it is for pissed off fans to just go and download torrents.

Whoever was in charge of that decision was obviously "touched" by the good idea fairy. Since its one so out of touch with what should be standardized business practice its incredible. Then again its an all too common scene within the industry.

Wouldn't Atlus own the music for Persona since it's Persona music?
Thats not always the case depending on the contract. Its why there are certain games which are still not ported into digital download format due to the mess with re-licensing various content within the game itself.

Sophia

Wouldn't Atlus own the music for Persona since it's Persona music?

I have no idea, I'm just guessing given music is often (but not always) a key reason in licensing issues when it comes to DVD releases....

No its usually the companies related to the VA / Music that pull this sort of stuff with allowing for use internationally. (AKA asking for a shitload of money)

^ ... what Parakeet said. :p

Preorder canceled, especially if the rumor that not all the game dub cast are in the anime.

The only way they'll make money off this is if they have the original cast (or the P4A replacements.) Otherwise the Blu-Rays are dead on arrival at that price. Customers will just take their money elsewhere.

I was thinking of using Aegis as a secondary. Possibly Yousuke as a third.

FemMC was given the name "Minato" in some circles.

Man, I feel that we haven't seen the full potential of Yosuke yet. More and more I'm digging Labrys and I hear that she doesn't fall into the trappings of "generic anime robotgirl".

Did these companies not pay attention to when Kurokami the Animation tried this? -_-

lol at $60 for half a series that doesn't even include Japanese audio.

Yeah, it sucks because they know the enthusiast crowd will snatch it right up too. I'll be a sucker and buy it just that quasi-fengshui vibe I'll get by having it in its right place on my shelf to avoid despondency.

Sophia

Yeah, it sucks because they know the enthusiast crowd will snatch it right up too. I'll be a sucker and buy it just that quasi-fengshui vibe I'll get by having it in its right place on my shelf to avoid despondency.

That's the problem. The enthusiast crowd didn't snatch up Kurokami. >_>;

kewlmyc

That's the problem. The enthusiast crowd didn't snatch up Kurokami. >_>;
Comparing Kurokami to Persona hardly seems fair. Persona 3/4 fans usually eat up anything with Persona 3/4 on it. I doubt they'll mind single audio considering that they're used to the English voices.

Sophia

Comparing Kurokami to Persona hardly seems fair. Persona 3/4 fans usually eat up anything with Persona 3/4 on it. I doubt they'll mind single audio considering that they're used to the English voices.

Maybe. It all depends on if they have the original actors or not. :p

Yikes, is this Kurokami really popular? Was it heavily pirated? I don't know much about this sort of thing.

Nah, not nearly as popular, but it didn't exactly sell well even keeping that in mind. Probably helps that the english dub was awful.

Especially if they have great localization and actors like in P4, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Oh shit, you're right. How the hell did I get those mixed up, lol.

At least it wasn't hambeast.

Top Bottom