• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Raiho

Neo Member
Oh shit, you're right. How the hell did I get those mixed up, lol.

Well, many native English speakers do call her Minako so you were only one letter off.

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for this game, but I'm having a hard time choosing a main. I like what I see out of Chie, Naoto, Elizabeth, Yu, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Yosuke. I'm really bad at fighting games so I don't think I have what it takes to play a character like Elizabeth even though I absolutely adore her sprite work. I'm leaning more towards Chie, Naoto or Akihiko.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hasn't it already been confirmed that it was Atlus's decision and they did it because of the difference in value of the yen and USD and fears of reverse importation?

You know a company isnt going to actually tell the truth when it comes to licensing issues, which while there is no proof almost certainly have the feeling its the case in this situation. Even more so now seeing whats going on with the BRDs. Esp with Japan & Japanese companies where they hardly go directly pointing fingers at problems.

That and Atlus should know the best when it comes to how many fans of the series there are and therefore be able to have "numbers" on paper to convince suits otherwise that it should not be too large of an issue. Even more so considering the JPY Vs. USD (in this particular example) the ER is such shit that most folks save the hardcore would wait for the US release which isnt all that long anyways.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man, I feel that we haven't seen the full potential of Yosuke yet. More and more I'm digging Labrys and I hear that she doesn't fall into the trappings of "generic anime robotgirl".

I saw one or two fights with Yosuke and he kinda reminds me of Psylocke from Marvel Vs. X. Not a lot of damage, but fast as hell and his buff makes him even faster. I can dig that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I guess I should add myself to the list.

PSN name is XiaNaphryz. Undecided on who I'll main, probably Yukiko or Mitsuru.

PSN: DimmuBurgerKing
Main: Aki
Sub: Chie

Main and sub are tentative, just going by character videos - I'm coming into the game with the very greenest of horns. Can't wait.

Noi

Now that I'm back from my vacation, I can finally post freely in here. May as well get added to the list!

PSN is Noisama, Undecided on who to main though I'll be giving Naoto and Aigis a shot first. I'll be switching from pad to stick by the time the game comes out, so I'm gonna use P4A as the game to get used to it.

..Not sure if anyone has brought it up, but it may not be a bad idea to copy Marvel-GAF and make a spreadsheet for the people playing the game, like so. We can add more info than just the one PSN name/XBL tag that way, plus people can just add themselves to the list.

Rise's not playable, she's the announcer.

...And my jet lagged mind typed in Rise instead of Aigis, woops.
KuGsj.gif

SerRodrik

Now that I'm back from my vacation, I can finally post freely in here. May as well get added to the list!

PSN is Noisama, Undecided on who to main though I'll be giving Naoto and Rise a shot first. I'll be switching from pad to stick by the time the game comes out, so I'm gonna use P4A as the game to get used to it.

..Not sure if anyone has brought it up, but it may not be a bad idea to copy Marvel-GAF and make a spreadsheet for the people playing the game, like so. We can add more info than just the one PSN name/XBL tag that way.

Rise's not playable, she's the announcer.

SerRodrik

It's a crime really, since she even has a sprite =/

Oddly enough, back in the day before I knew anything about Persona 4 and I was looking up the party members, I imagined that her persona would shoot lasers out of its satellite face to attack enemies. I was a bit disappointed.

Parakeetman

You know it would have been cooler if they put in the female protagonist from P3P with Thanatos

Elizabeth have her an odd type of character that can switch back and forth between her and Margaret while using various personas from their book as the persona attacks. Supers would involve for Elizabeth dropping the elevator on the player, Margaret calls the limo which plows through the stage.

Now that would have been badass.

Dat pricing. Would be nice though if she is. :p

Seeing how much they are charging for stuff here in Japan I wouldnt doubt the cost would be around there... D:

WARNING NSFW - WARNING NSFW - WARNING NSFW - WARNING NSFW - WARNING NSFW - WARNING NSFW - WARNING NSFW - WARNING NSFW
Btw I remember someone asking for Persona wallpapers, found this site at random. Though WARNING on page 2 especially NSFW pictures. D:
http://konachan.com/post/index?tags=-margaret+persona_3

Since I want to play the story mode in arena and I sure as hell know I wont be able to beat my PS2 copy of P4 in less than a week will watching all of the anime on Hulu give me a good understanding of everything?

Stark

Banned
Seeing how much they are charging for stuff here in Japan I wouldnt doubt the cost would be around there... D:

Btw I remember someone asking for Persona wallpapers, found this site at random. Though WARNING on page 2 especially NSFW pictures. D:
http://konachan.com/post/index?tags=-margaret+persona_3

How much are they charging? Though with BB I also wouldn't be surprised if pricing is around there.

Was going to recommend konachan as well and its "sister" sites, but was hesitant since its something you should only use at home anyway. :3

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Since I want to play the story mode in arena and I sure as hell know I wont be able to beat my PS2 copy of P4 in less than a week will watching all of the anime on Hulu give me a good understanding of everything?

May as well go through the GB Endurance Run. Just breeze through the battle/fusion parts.

Parakeetman

How much are they charging? Though with BB I also wouldn't be surprised if pricing is around there.

Was going to recommend konachan as well and its "sister" sites, but was hesitant since its something you should only use at home anyway. :3

Heres the info again. Had originally posted it waaaaay back in the thread. This all was pretty much day 1 DLC here in Japan.

Cosmetic (DLC only)
Color Variety Pack 1-4 250 Yen Each
All Color Variety Packs - 800 Yen
Glasses Pack 1-4 - 250 Yen Each
All Glasses Pack - 800 Yen

Which Numbered Packs Contain What. For single purchasers
Color / Glasses Pack 1 - Yu, Yukiko, Kuma
Color / Glasses Pack 2 - Chie, Naoto, Akihiko
Color / Glasses Pack 3 - Yosuke, Aigis, Labrys
Color / Glasses Pack 4 - Kanji, Mitsuru, Elizabeth, Shadow Labrys

Navigator Voice (These are able to be unlocked from playing through normally also)
Kuma - 300 Yen
Yosuke - 500 Yen
Mitsuru - 400 Yen
Fuuka - 500 Yen
Nanako - 500 Yen

Total for all DLC - 4200 Yen / Almost 70% of the cost of the game itself right there...

Yeah I think I should go add more warnings in bold with that link.

Parakeetman

Navigators can be unlocked though.

Someone didnt read apparently. :p

Navigator Voice (These are able to be unlocked from playing through normally also)
Kuma - 300 Yen
Yosuke - 500 Yen
Mitsuru - 400 Yen
Fuuka - 500 Yen
Nanako - 500 Yen

Truthfully since they already lowered the bar on various things with the game in an attempt to make entry level for those who are not familiar with fighting games, dont see why they just didnt make the ALL of the navigator unlocks from going through story mode, instead of what some currently require. (Will not go into specifics since I suppose some might consider that spoilers, even though has nothing to do with the story). With the way its set up now, its a sure fire way to go screw folks out of cash, which is something I do not approve of.

cj_iwakura

For a moment I thought there was more region drama.

Yeah, that's nonsense. I might have gotten that, but anime without dual audio? That's just something you expect nowadays.

We don't even know if the dub'll be good/the same cast.

Infinite

Not be a gossiper and an FGC drama monster but there's a hilarious conversation going on about this game on twitter between James Chen Dacidbro and other folk.

Parakeetman

Unfortunately I do not have the latest version of BB, I didnt buy a new one ever since I was seeing how fast they kept releasing new versions of the game so cant really make an accurate comparison for you. Sorry. D: Am sure someone else here can help you since lots of BB players around and would guess that at least one of them has the game also.

Yeah, that's nonsense. I might have gotten that, but anime without dual audio? That's just something you expect nowadays.

Indeed, whoever made that decision will be paying for it in sales hit, when they see how pre-orders drop off due to this announcement. :/ In the long run overall too Id imagine it will not sell as well overall as the price vs. content is just not matching up.

Esura

Banned

I'd still buy it personally since the lack of that bothers me none. I can count on one hand the amount of times I actually bothered with the Japanese audio of an anime I bought. Still feel bad for those that wanted this and dual audio though.

Don't get why its only the Blu-ray though lacking a feature. Doesn't that seem ass backwards?

Not be a gossiper and an FGC drama monster but there's a hilarious conversation going on about this game on twitter between James Chen Dacidbro and other folk.
You guys go all twitter monster for Capcom games in the FGW threads. The least you can do is go crazy here too!

Give us the links!

Don't get why its only the Blu-ray though lacking a feature. Doesn't that seem ass backwards?

Regions. North America & Japan is in the same BluRay region, however they are in different DVD regions (AFAIK North America shares a DVD region with Europe).

Atilac

What "sister" sites?

Top Bottom