• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Bad news y'all, OP is overfilled. :( Never had that happen before...

I guess I could move community to one of my later posts on Page 1.
Alternatively, we.are.the.armada. has first post, if he wants to take up the mantle.

You could remove the GIFs under the Brofist GIF it that'd help. They're kind of random compared to the rest of the post.
Ah about that...

Answer does tie into Elizabeth's plot.
I've already got to finish P4. Just how important is it to her plot?

cj_iwakura

You're about 10-20 hours away. About 1-3 game-months left.

Also no, you don't need to beat the Answer to play this but it fills out P3's ending more. I'd suggest attempting it to see if you want to beat it, if not... (SMH while I type this since I think people should beat it on their own) there's ... youtube.

Ah about that...

cj_iwakura

Okay, community should be migrated soon. Everyone should be in, unless I missed you.(Sadly, this is probable)

PM me if you're not in armada's updated post.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Okay, community should be migrated soon. Everyone should be in, unless I missed you.(Sadly, this is probable)

PM me if you're not in armada's updated post.

I dunno if you're aware, but your friend list is full. I got the error last night trying to send a friend request. If you don't plan on trimming your list, you may as well take your name off since noone will be able to even send you a request.

cj_iwakura

I dunno if you're aware, but your friend list is full. I got the error last night trying to send a friend request. If you don't plan on trimming your list, you may as well take your name off since noone will be able to even send you a request.

I was made aware of that, and did some cleaning up.

Go nuts.

Drop this in here

At the other end of the sell-through scale was Persona 4 Arena, which sold 128,000 on PS3 and 10,000 on Xbox 360. Both versions sold over 90% of stock.

The 128,000 figure makes Arena PS3's fastest selling fighter. The previous record holder was Tekken 6, which sold 103,000 units in its first week in October 2009.

http://andriasang.com/con24n/media_create_sales_stats/

Pretty amazing that the Persona brand is so strong that it's elevated it above all of the established fighting brands in Japan.

Tomat

I'd add my gamertag but I know I would lag too much so I'll just play locally. :<

Bad connection or location? If it's just location I'm sure there's at least one XBL player in the same area.

You're about 10-20 hours away. About 1-3 game-months left.

Also no, you don't need to beat the Answer to play this but it fills out P3's ending more. I'd suggest attempting it to see if you want to beat it, if not... (SMH while I type this since I think people should beat it on their own) there's ... youtube.

tumblr_ltb64r44xW1qmzn3po1_500.gif

I guess its time to do less floor climbing, more story.

cj_iwakura

You could remove the GIFs under the Brofist GIF it that'd help. They're kind of random compared to the rest of the post.

I've already got to finish P4. Just how important is it to her plot?

I honestly don't know, but I assume pretty dang important.

The Answer is great, anyway, and worth playing.

Rarutos

Bah, I guess I'll just add mine.

Rarutos - PS3 - Rarutos

Don't know who I'm maining yet, but I'm leaning towards Yukiko, Mitsuru, or Elizabeth.

Tomat

If my Blazblue experience is any indication...not necessarily.

The walls of red connections still haunt me to this day...

Bummer. How was the BB netcode by the way? It's been too long since I've played it, don't recall if it was good or not.

Bummer. How was the BB netcode by the way? It's been too long since I've played it, don't recall if it was good or not.

Pretty good even with 0s, the problem is that not good enough to play someone like, say, Taokaka properly in those conditions.

This is what I'm afraid of. I get about 180~200 ping playing LoL which is playable so I don't know.

It SHOULD be playable if the netcode resembles BB once it's patched, the question is if it'll be playable enough for certain characters. It's fine for playing casually and with simple combos, but once something that requires precise timing comes into play...

EVOL 100%

Can I be added to the second post too?

EVOL 100% - PS3 - Cho-EVOL - Naoto/Aegis

I have the game btw. Anybody up for a few matches?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It SHOULD be playable if the netcode resembles BB once it's patched, the question is if it'll be playable enough for certain characters. It's fine for playing casually and with simple combos, but once something that requires precise timing comes into play...

If you're playing fighting games online for the precision, you're playing for the wrong reasons. Online play is meant to let people play casually even with the "THAT'S BULLSHIT" elements of online netcode play (even in FPS), if you want precision/"pro" level play, you need to go to your local scene or tournaments.

Might as well throw my name up even if I'm not that active around here and may not play much online.

The Grim Heaper - 360 - The Grim Heaper - Akihiko/Mitsuru

Main and sub might change, but I hope it's that. I play with a regular 360 pad so hopefully I don't get stomped on.

cj_iwakura

wtf at those 80-100% damage combos. I know there are burst to escape from combos and all, but do people in high level can really reliably pull off those combos? and are any character have things like that?

It's like challenges, stuff that works on dummies will very rarely work against a live player unless they stand there and take it.

If you're playing fighting games online for the precision, you're playing for the wrong reasons. Online play is meant to let people play casually even with the "THAT'S BULLSHIT" elements of online netcode play (even in FPS), if you want precision/"pro" level play, you need to go to your local scene or tournaments.

True, the problem in BB is that Taokaka players (me) were fucking screwed if you can't find a decent connection even at that level of play -.-

Infinite

wtf at those 80-100% damage combos. I know there are burst to escape from combos and all, but do people in high level can really reliably pull off those combos? and are any character have things like that?
You won't see these combos happening in a match due to how conditional they are. First dude needed crazy amounts of SP, he needed to be awakened, his opponents needs to not have a BURST and he needed his.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah about that...

You mean in the fact that
she's coming to the Midnight Arena to try to get Minato back?
, well that's not really important. The Answer is basically
lol Minato died for our sins and we need to dealwithit.gif, meanwhile Elizabeth is CillianMurphyCan'tDealWithIt.gif and that's why we have Margaret see you in P4!

True, the problem in BB is that Taokaka players (me) were fucking screwed if you can't find a decent connection even at that level of play -.-

Eh, I think Taokaka could be played online casually pretty well if you just mash buttons in broken mode like I did with her. :lol Then again Blazblues characters weren't really built for online IMO. It's going to be curious to see if the better BB netcode in GG will make GG online playable since X-box Live's OG/#Reload release was really bad. Oh how far Arc has come in a decade...

Lunar15

Not that I actually think this game is going to get actual costume change DLC, but if it did, they really should get Yu's fishing gear from the anime.

scaled.php

Ken

Why do you have buyer's remorse?

I think he said he's not great at fighting games and dislikes having to spend time in training mode getting down combos.

To be fair though, I have a bit of buyer's remorse myself with BB titles since they were pretty tough to get into for me, so I can see where he's coming from.

TWILT

Banned
Not that I actually think this game is going to get actual costume change DLC, but if it did, they really should get Yu's fishing gear from the anime.

scaled.php

Hah, I'd be down with that. If costume DLC does happen, watch it be something like his
cross dressing one.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hah, I'd be down with that. If costume DLC does happen, watch it be something like his...

Actually you know I bet you those would sell even more than a normal costume. Imagine the amount of ragequit you could cause with that. Esp Kanji lol

Question do spoiler tags work on images? Am guessing no though.

Tomat

Why do you have buyer's remorse?

Because I haven't gotten into a single fighting game I have ever purchased. That's not to say I haven't had fun with them, but I rarely practice because of how difficult they are (combos and that kind of stuff). And yeah, I got a little turned off by the combo videos.

This is probably the first fighting game I've been looking forward to due to previous interest in the series.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Because I haven't gotten into a single fighting game I have ever purchased. That's not to say I haven't had fun with them, but I rarely practice because of how difficult they are (combos and that kind of stuff). And yeah, I got a little turned off by the combo videos.

This is probably the first fighting game I've been looking forward to due to previous interest in the series.

The combos in this game are pretty easy don't worry :p

Top Bottom