• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Not much takes like 50 billion backsteps for it to trigger and the characters that stay back have plenty of range attacks, try and remember how many times Nu in BBCT got negative penalty lol
I'm talking about Capcom players and casuals, not Guilty Gear players who knew what they were getting into.

Cowie

If I'm still playing Yukiko a couple weeks after the game is out, doing terrible and whining about it, somebody slap me and tell me to play characters that fight my style, not waifus.

Trying to watch videos to gather in all the knowledge I can before launch, but it's hard to get my head around stuff without being able to actually do it. That said, Jiyuna's stream archives of commentary on assorted matches have been really helpful and informative when he's not complaining about how shitty his character is.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Had my first rage-quitter last night in a Teddie mirror match. We both had very little life left and I won using a drill when he dashed in- he immediately quit out and I LOL'd. The guy was ranked higher than I was, too.

Does anyone know if this game uses the same system to display repeat rage quitters' names in red? I haven't seen anyone come up with that status yet.

Are we having story discussion? I havent beat all of them, but it really make me want a persona4-2 rpg to continue the story, it'll be weird if the story continue in arena 2 and they have to play a tournament again when obviously they dont want to fight each other.

Also, I want slinks so yu can go after mitsuru:)

Oh, and atlus really know how to make sappy stories, labrys story really gets me. Lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yukari isn't actually in the game. That one guy added her to the character health list as a joke. I guess.

Thought as much. But if she or Rise ever become available as playable DLC and not just as palette swaps I'm jumping ship from Yukiko/Mitsuru. Though I may consider using Chie w/ Yukari palette if that's an option only because of all the Jam I used to play in GG, and I wouldn't have to see Chie's boring design! ;)

Fuck my life, I've got a major client meeting the night of this game's release ><

Yukari isn't actually in the game. That one guy added her to the character health list as a joke. I guess.

I think Chie(?) has a Yukari palette though.

image.php

Mystery solved!

Chavelo

System of choice for GAF is PS3, then?

BTW

I mentioned in my last post that I'd be neat to borrow the player spreadsheet from MarvelGAF and I've had pretty crappy internet for the past few days, so with nothing much to do, I went and made one using the current names on the Community section.

PersonaGAF

I know cj hasn't quite updated that section yet, but it's a start!

Bumping this for the greater good. Add yourself before you wreck yourself.

Does anyone here think that ASW might've stumbled upon a golden opportunity here? If P4A has nice sales in Japan and even the US it might actually open up a whole new slew of fighters down the road. I know it's nuts, but I'd play a Final Fantasy 2D fighter with characters from different FF games. I know I probably sound crazy lol.

ASW has got to be making some serious moolah from this.
System of choice for GAF is PS3, then?
Absolutely
I liked it, I just hate Extend
The actual balancing or was it the weak overall update feel? I think people might've felt differently if Makoto, Valkenhyn and Platinum were new in this update instead.

Solune

If I'm still playing Yukiko a couple weeks after the game is out, doing terrible and whining about it, somebody slap me and tell me to play characters that fight my style, not waifus.

Trying to watch videos to gather in all the knowledge I can before launch, but it's hard to get my head around stuff without being able to actually do it. That said, Jiyuna's stream archives of commentary on assorted matches have been really helpful and informative when he's not complaining about how shitty his character is.
Even if you whine about it, I'd stick with the character you have the most interest in. Hell I don't know if you went into the SF4 thread and it's sequential successors there were plenty of people asking for buffs (or nerfs) or whining all the time.
Yukari defaults to bow weapons, right? I'm all for more bow characters in fighters.
I second this motion. Paging Joule.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The actual balancing or was it the weak overall update feel? I think people might've felt differently if Makoto, Valkenhyn and Platinum were new in this update instead.

Hmm just the feel of the game is too dumbed down now and it's balance related. It went from most of the characters being over the top to all of the characters being meh we are okay. The excitement and thrill of error isn't as great anymore. Pretty much no one can do any damage mid screen anymore either. Watch a cs2 video then watch a extend video of the same players/characters and you will see just how dumbed down and "balanced" the game got

Tier list really dont explain it that well but idk I think you can sorta get an idea

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 5/XX/2012
S Rank: Ragna, Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Valkenhayn
A: Carl, Hazama, Platinum, Mu, Noel, Bang, Lambda, Noel, Litchi, Rachel
B: Everyone Else
No difference within rank

Rarutos

Yukari defaults to bow weapons, right? I'm all for more bow characters in fighters.

I agree with this. Yukari would be very interesting to see in this game! There really aren't a lot of bow users in Fighting games, the only one I can think of at the moment is Hawkeye in UMvC3.

Top Bottom