• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Hmm just the feel of the game is too dumbed down now and it's balance related. It went from most of the characters being over the top to all of the characters being meh we are okay. The excitement and thrill of error isn't as great anymore. Pretty much no one can do any damage mid screen anymore either. Watch a cs2 video then watch a extend video of the same players/characters and you will see just how dumbed down and "balanced" the game got

Tier list really dont explain it that well but idk I think you can sorta get an idea

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 5/XX/2012
S Rank: Ragna, Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Valkenhayn
A: Carl, Hazama, Platinum, Mu, Noel, Bang, Lambda, Noel, Litchi, Rachel
B: Everyone Else
No difference within rank
Ah, I get what you are saying. I don't know about the midscreen damage bit though. I hate fighting Valks because just trading with them still lets them get nearly 4k damage midscreen or they can perform a near 3k combo that pushes me to the corner.

Damage is kinda low though. I play Bang and trying to get some decent damage means you've got to know some elaborate combos. His install is the only way to get that and I just don't have it in me to learn his gold combos extensively. Maybe in BB3. I still have fun with the game though. Must've spent nearly two hours playing yesterday...

OceanBlue

I agree with this. Yukari would be very interesting to see in this game! There really aren't a lot of bow users in Fighting games, the only one I can think of at the moment is Hawkeye in UMvC3.

Morgan in Aquapazza and Ayane in Vanguard Princess use bows.

For fun pick a character from these for me to learn first.

Shadow Lab, Naoto, Liz

That's who I'll play you with ahaha

Shadow Labyris so we can have straight up jojo's fights. Shadow Dio vs Devo.

I like all 3 of those characters, though. Probably gonna sub Naoto, so you should sub Liz.

CSX

took the plunge and preordered though everytime i watch tourneys, i fell asleep
due to fatigue though not boredom :p

I dont know anything about this game mechanics wise lol.

Going with Naoto I guess.

Noi

Woah, people actually started using the spreadsheet. I'll fix that up once I get home, as well as add the rest of the community'd folks.

Hmm just the feel of the game is too dumbed down now and it's balance related. It went from most of the characters being over the top to all of the characters being meh we are okay. The excitement and thrill of error isn't as great anymore. Pretty much no one can do any damage mid screen anymore either.

This is pretty much the critique that I hear from everyone about Extend, local friends included. My rival plays Ragna, and I have to constantly motivate him to play cause he doesn't like the changes Ragna got from CS2 to EX.

Oh Yeah

7705795678_b754026377_b.jpg

Even if I could check, I wouldn't be able to play much due to me working all weekend. :\

I'm in the inverse position!

My weekend is completely free for gaming so now would be the ideal time for me to snatch it up, however this coming week I have some other things to tend to so my time may be limited. ;__;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm in the inverse position!

My weekend is completely free for gaming so now would be the ideal time for me to snatch it up, however this coming week I have some other things to tend to so my time may be limited. ;__;

Luckily I have off on Tuesday! Going to wake up early to pick up my copy. But then it's back to work.

Real life always has to get in the way of things.

No, it's just that 9 times out of 10 when a game's street date is broken it ends up being K-Mart that did it.

Examples: Skyrim, Mass Effect, UMVC3, etc.

RDR, GTAIV, and SFxT to name a few more. Maybe I'll make a quick run to the local K-Mart and see if there's a copy out. Not likely, but I have to pick up cold cuts at the grocery store anyway.

RDR, GTAIV, and SFxT to name a few more. Maybe I'll make a quick run to the local K-Mart and see if there's a copy out. Not likely, but I have to pick up cold cuts at the grocery store anyway.

It'd be nice if they were so I could have the game for the coming weekend. I really do hate the Tuesday release schedule.

Anywho, good luck!

Cowie

I bet K-mart pays people to post pictures of games before the street date to draw people in over the weekend.

(i'm going.)

B00TE

Man, I wish we had stores that would break street dates here. Don't care if I have to drive across the whole damn state, I'd do it. Not like I'm doing anything else right now but replay P4 anyway. :[

stupei

Total noob question: what currently existing fight sticks would work decently with the fairly simplified button layout for this game?

Or is it a better idea to get a SF4 stick that allows for more options? I haven't bought a fightstick since the PS2 because I really wasn't sure which system I wanted to play fighting games on but since most of the community seems to be on PS3, I'm finally deciding. At the end of the generation.
KuGsj.gif

I ask now because I found a place selling early and I think I might pick up a stick as well. Going out of town next week and reeeeally tempted to bring this with me to play with my cousins.

Beckx

Total noob question: what currently existing fight sticks would work decently with the fairly simplified button layout for this game?

Or is it a better idea to get a SF4 stick that allows for more options? I haven't bought a fightstick since the PS2 because I really wasn't sure which system I wanted to play fighting games on but since most of the community seems to be on PS3, I'm finally deciding. At the end of the generation.
KuGsj.gif

I ask now because I found a place selling early and I think I might pick up a stick as well. Going out of town next week and reeeeally tempted to bring this with me to play with my cousins.

I think the only one you want to avoid is a four button SNK style layout (three buttons on top, one button below) - and since I don't think any current retail stick does that, you'll be fine. :) The current Hori & MadCatz models all have layouts that will be fine. It doesn't matter how the buttons are configured stock, as you'll just change those in button config to match the ABCD layout.

Also, if you want the best experience, spend a bit more money now to get their sticks with arcade quality Sanwa or Seimitsu parts.

Top Bottom