• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I said lag lol I mean it slowdowns.

It was someone else.

Really hoping for a day one patch for US release.
I must be lucky, I've never gotten hate mail ingame before off the top of my head. I do recall getting compliments for winning 1v2 in Halo Reach however. (Think that clip is still saved on my harddrive...)
Making random anonymous people angry online because you beat them is the good kind of hate mail. I've only ever gotten one message on XBL and it was for Singularity of all games.

Sophia

See, I'd love to get that kind of hate mail. That would be amazing.

I must be lucky, I've never gotten hate mail ingame before off the top of my head. I do recall getting compliments for winning 1v2 in Halo Reach however. (Think that clip is still saved on my harddrive...)

Sophia

Okay, short of a complete 180 that combo video for Aigis has sold me on my main. >_>;

Also, ruh-roh to 360 version woes.

I mean it slowdowns offline at times.

tumblr_lif8me0CUz1qeyiqp.gif

Infinite

Have you installed the game to your hard drive? Is there any rhyme or reason to when slowdown occurs?

The game was not installed. However I will point out when I was playing at my friends house on xbox it did not ever slowdown and his was installed.

Noi

Offline slowdown on 360? Yikes.

I went and updated the PersonaGAF spreadsheet with the second batch of community folk. If you don't see yourself there, feel free to do add your name (and relevant information!)

Solune

Also, I don't think the community surrounding P4A will be as caustic as the likes of Marvel or SF.
MarvelGAF is very helpful / friendly and I don't say that just because I go there frequently. As a whole though unfortunately the marvel community can be... unintelligible at times.
Not online, but I've always avoided excessive talk from the FGC on forums.

Absolutely not. The game's beginner friendly nature will help a lot.

I hope that with this game, it may start to change your mind and other players. Part of the reason why the FGC remains "grass roots" or insular is because new blood won't enter. There are preconceptions both within the FGC and outside of it.

OceanBlue

I haven't really had any problems with awful or rude people in the FGC. Offline, anyway.

People are loud and some people will start showboating or whatever, but generally if you don't want to participate in that people don't force it on you.

Sophia

I hope that with this game, it may start to change your mind and other players. Part of the reason why the FGC remains "grass roots" or insular is because new blood won't enter. There are preconceptions both within the FGC and outside of it.

Maybe. If any game has a chance of getting me back into the community it'd be this one. I'm totally hyped.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Posts like yours are exactly the reason I avoid it. :p

What? Do you even know what you are talking about o_O You avoid it cause I like to joke around and I tend to help people with stuff when I can? err okay? I'll stop being helpful from now on then can't have that vulgarity!

Sophia

What? Do you even know what you are talking about o_O You avoid it cause I like to joke around and I tend to help people with stuff when I can? err okay? I'll stop being helpful from now on then can't have that vulgarity!

Sorry if that wasn't your intent, but your post didn't really seem to come off as joking. >.<;

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sorry if that wasn't your intent, but your post didn't really seem to come off as joking. >.<;

No I was saying avoiding FGC gaf is silly a thing to do as there really is no one horrible in it.

Now if you mean you avoid twitch chats and some of that shit on srk and such then yeah nothing wrong with that at all.

Events are nicer in person for the most part as well. Online though... yeah the whole being able to hide behind a user name makes most random immature assholes shine

Sophia

No I was saying avoiding FGC gaf is silly a thing to do as there really is no one horrible in it.

Now if you mean you avoid twitch chats and some of that shit on srk and such then yeah nothing wrong with that at all.

Events are nicer in person for the most part as well. Online though... yeah the whole being able to hide behind a user name makes most random immature assholes shine

Ah, yeah, I was more referring to SRK and stuff. I've never visited FGC GAF, but I'm sure that'll change with this game. =P

The people I met from the FGC have been nothing but great people (for the most part). Occasionally there are dicks but in reality, what group doesn't have a few assholes?

edit

O you visit SRK. Yeah SRK forums is pretty bad in certain areas.

Kellen

The people I met from the FGC have been nothing but great people (for them most part). Occasionally there are dicks but in reality, what group doesn't have a few assholes?

edit

O you visit SRK. Yeah SRK forums is pretty bad in certain areas.

Once my account had got activated here I pretty much stopped going to SRK. GAF is good people.

SUPARSTARX

I have noticed no lag with 360 version. I've put in like 25 hours into the game so far between home console and arcade. Talking offline performance.

Esura

Banned
I wish I got hatemail. I never get it! Makes me sad =(

You don't really. It makes you question the sanity of some online players.

What makes the SRK forums bad? Just curious.

Many bigoted posters and trolls full of elitism who have no right to have such an attitude. Also, generally unkind to new people. I'm still kind of burned from SRK after joining in 09' and people judged you by your freaking join date. Do not miss that board at all.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's been the same for me. The only FG forum I can stand is VFDC.

Haven't really checked Persona's forum much.

I adore the VFDC forums although I wish the new influx of players were less interested in combos and more interested in good moves/strategy (I concede that FS is more combo-centric than any other VF)

Top Bottom