• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Shito

Yeah, Blues in Velvet Room is just the perfect "waiting song".
It also even manages to calm me down after a bad streak of losses. :)

Inno

What happened with the region locking on this game? I see asian version being sold on ebay as region free

LuchaShaq

Banned
See, I'd love to get that kind of hate mail. That would be amazing.

Honestly it was typical poorly spelled racist/homophobic rage about my tactics. Considering almost all of my damage came from launch combos switching from guy to guy and specials that used the bar. (sorry don't know the correct terminology)

Was REALLY easy to see who was really good because I would get almost perfected on first round and then people would go easy on me 2nd before finishing it up.

Beelzebub

I'm really liking their choice of music for the online mode.

It's such relaxing and snazzy song. Not at all irritating like the music that plays in Capcom lobbies. :p

The music for the lobbies in SSFIV are the character's themes, which I mostly find awesome..

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Actually, maybe. It's possible I may get a PS3 at the end of the year or after. It's up in the air. This, VF5, and a few other games are a priority for sure.

No, Dragon. You're supposed to say Yes. No maybes. Yes..

Maybes are cousins, not an answer.

Steaks

Hey guys, anyone going to next level tonight or tomorrow? I'm gonna bring my copy I think (360).

I can't play anyone online and I wanna practice for Wednesday.

Edit: There's no slowdown on 360 offline. At all. Zero. None.

Online is garbage ATM but since the PS3 online is good I'm sure it will be fixed soon. I wouldn't worry about buying a 360 copy unless you want to play online right now.

I'm going to K-Mart today, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it's there. If not then I'll try again Monday. If it's still not there then screw it, I'll just go to Gamestop or Best Buy because it's a farther drive for me. But I really hope I find it early. My days off are Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday so if I don't get it till Tuesday then I will hardly have any time with it before I go back to work for another 3 straight days.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hey guys, anyone going to next level tonight or tomorrow? I'm gonna bring my copy I think (360).

I can't play anyone online and I wanna practice for Wednesday.

Edit: There's no slowdown on 360 offline. At all. Zero. None.

Online is garbage ATM but since the PS3 online is good I'm sure it will be fixed soon. I wouldn't worry about buying a 360 copy unless you want to play online right now.
How bad is XBL play? Are we talking KoFXIII levels of shit or vanilla Marvel inconsistency?

Steaks

How bad is XBL play? Are we talking KoFXIII levels of shit or vanilla Marvel inconsistency?

I think its worse than KoFXIII.

With such a huge discrepancy and Arc Systems though, I'm not worried, just bored haha. Kanji isn't too execution intensive so I have like all of his basic combos down already.

Steaks

The PS3 online play is good, so it's definitely something that can be fixed. I wouldn't worry about it in the long run.

Right now it's hilariously bad. It's not even "play the guy next door and it's kind of okay" bad, it's just simply unplayable period.

I just got really sad.

Considering that the PS3 version's netcode is seems to be standard issue ArcSys (i.e. GGPO grade), I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be patched before the European launch at least (really not saying much here. AFAIK the patch is already in testing so it shouldn't be too long now).

denshuu

This is the stupidest thing I've seen in this thread and a damn shame. Don't assume that we're training basics like you have been.

Not everybody learns the same way, not every online match is ideal for experimentation, not every record feature trial and error snap is fruitful, and as for myself, nothing helps my muscle memory like training mode.

Please. You aren't going to gain any matchup experience by refusing to play any matchups. This isn't an issue of "I learn differently than people because I'm a snowflake." It's an issue of everyone is playing the game and getting better at it, while you aren't. Yes, playing people is ideal for experimentation. Yes, playing people helps your "muscle memory." And no, you don't need to sit by yourself for two weeks to memorize a BnB.

"But how do I learn how to punish character specific moves?"

Fight them.

Boards don't hit back. If you don't get any experience, you're not gonna get any better. That's why people who don't play a game for two weeks while everyone else is learning the same things they are in training mode and getting matchup experience suddenly decide to play online and get completely destroyed. Stop worrying about your meaningless w/l ratio, find an opponent, and learn things.

phaonaut

I'm going to K-Mart today, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it's there. If not then I'll try again Monday. If it's still not there then screw it, I'll just go to Gamestop or Best Buy because it's a farther drive for me. But I really hope I find it early. My days off are Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday so if I don't get it till Tuesday then I will hardly have any time with it before I go back to work for another 3 straight days.

Any luck?

Steaks

Hey guys. I will try and be at next level tonight if anyone wants to play. I'll be there tomorrow afternoon as well.

Top Bottom