• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Esura

Banned
That is something ASW needs to fix with their fighters.

Fix? I actually prefer this to just regular grunts and stuff. Give the characters and the game some personality.

When Arc gets around to doing another GG, a Sol vs Kyo match would be glorious in dialog.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Does Aigis still have the same VA as in PE3?

I know Chie and Teddie have new VAs, but is that it?

vocab

The voices themselves are good but they talk way too fucking much during fights. Like, holy shit.

That's one thing capcom has done better. Game is mush more silent in general. However TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE is probably the dumbest thing in a capcom game.

I really don't remember Guilty gear or HnK have really annoying shit besides a few squeals in GG.

Seems like if the Japanese are okay with it, they won't change it.

Hopefully the 360 patch fixes the game up nice. No one deserves a lesser version.

SerRodrik

I remember someone linking Naoto's VA being disappointed at not reprising the role a little while back.

Except Nich confirmed that that wasn't actually Naoto's VA from Persona 4, and they did get the actual VA back for Arena. The only two that have been recast are Chie and Teddie.

Fix? I actually prefer this to just regular grunts and stuff. Give the characters and the game some personality.

When Arc gets around to doing another GG, a Sol vs Kyo match would be glorious in dialog.
The grunting is nice and simple which doesn't clash when they overlap, but all the hollering of actual dialogue just turns into an unintelligible mess. What is the point in actual sentences if you don't understand what is being said or it turns into a shouting match? It's pretty dumb.

what the hell? now I'm even more confused. how was this even a thing?

0leLq.png

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I can't find the actual post atm, but Nich said somewhere that VAs do a shitton of work and she could've gotten it confused with something else.

From what I've heard of it, Naoto in P4A sounds exactly like Naoto from P4, so I believe it.

I really don't remember Guilty gear or HnK have really annoying shit besides a few squeals in GG.

watawata
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHAAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAAA
HATA
HAAA
HATATATATA
HATA
HATA
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
WAAAAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAA
HOKUTO SHINKEN NO OMAE WA SHINDEIRU
OH DO DOD DO
WAAAA

DUN DUN DUN DANANANA DUN DUN DUN
WATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT

SUPARSTARX

The PS3 online play is good, so it's definitely something that can be fixed. I wouldn't worry about it in the long run.

Right now it's hilariously bad. It's not even "play the guy next door and it's kind of okay" bad, it's just simply unplayable period.

lol I know right.

I saw every frame during the match, all the hits going through Kanji's armor.

vocab

watawata
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHAAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAAA
HATA
HAAA
HATATATATA
HATA
HATA
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
WAAAAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAA
HOKUTO SHINKEN NO OMAE WA SHINDEIRU
OH DO DOD DO
WAAAA

DUN DUN DUN DANANANA DUN DUN DUN
WATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT

That's all gar though. Jojo's has it too!

cj_iwakura

Sorry SoFla, I called literally every Kmart in the county(and then some), no sightings of P4A.

Unless someone knows about a mom and pop shop that I don't.

So I got to play like ten hours of this game yesterday with Lord Knight and some other NJ anime fighters and god damn this thang is AMAZING! ~<3

Tuesday cannot come soon enough!

Tomat

So I got to play like ten hours of this game yesterday with Lord Knight and some other NJ anime fighters and god damn this thang is AMAZING! ~<3

Tuesday cannot come soon enough!

For everyone in the thread who has played it. Do you like it because you think it's a genuinely good fighting game or does your liking for Persona play a bit part in your opinion of the game? Just curious!

What are the chances of atlus taking persona 5 back into a darker direction? Sorta like persona 1/2. Also is persona 4 arena story cannon?

Arena's story is indeed canon.

For everyone in the thread who has played it. Do you like it because you think it's a genuinely good fighting game or does your liking for Persona play a bit part in your opinion of the game? Just curious!

I think it is a great fighter, a nice mix of Guilty Gear and Melty Blood (which prior to this game was my favorite fighting game of all time) that has some nice mechanics in place to help ease in newcomers while at the same time maintaining the high level mind game stuff that people love about more traditional fighters.

I mean LK loves it and he knows a thing or two about anime games

Yeah I know that vid is of him losing but 2nd place at EVO certainly is nothing to scoff at

Naite

Getting that perfect 15th hit on the all out attack looks tough.

Reminds me of mashing buttons and wiggling the joystick to get a clean hit off of Sol's Grand Viper. That was such a pain in the ass for me to get consistently.

Alfredo

About the Naoto voice confusion: apparently, no one actually knows who Naoto's voice actress is.

http://mayonakamidnight.com/showthread.php?1605-Naoto-s-Voice-Actress

I'm not at liberty to say. Fans do sometimes guess wrong about the identity of VAs in our games, since they're not usually credited, and when that guess winds up on Wikipedia then it becomes widely believed. But I'm pretty sure we've never worked with Susan Dalian before, and definitely sure she wasn't the original Naoto. Maybe she plays the part in The Animation, like someone suggested.

Tomat

Onemic

Arena's story is indeed canon.

I think it is a great fighter, a nice mix of Guilty Gear and Melty Blood (which prior to this game was my favorite fighting game of all time) that has some nice mechanics in place to help ease in newcomers while at the same time maintaining the high level mind game stuff that people love about more traditional fighters.

I mean LK loves it and he knows a thing or two about anime games

Yeah I know that vid is of him losing but 2nd place at EVO certainly is nothing to scoff at

Isn't melty blood just a fighting game engine or is that something else?

Top Bottom