• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Ken

It's a fighting game based on a visual novel, not an anime.
No anime exists of said VN either.

I checked all my non-GS options, but it looks like I gotta wait till the 7th like the normal people. Oh well. :(

One of us, one of us.

:(

Noi

Erm.... yeah.

At any rate, Melty Blood is fucking amazing outside of their tendency to not join the 21st century with higher resolution sprites. >_>

Or making their games commonly available to people.

"Hey, let's finally release the highly-requested PC version with the latest version of our game, but let's only include it in copies of this super expensive limited edition Bluray release that'll sell out in no time!"

LLShC.gif

Sophia

Or making their games commonly available to people.

"Hey, let's finally release the highly-requested PC version with the latest version of our game, but let's only include it in copies of this super expensive limited edition Bluray release that'll sell out in no time!"

LLShC.gif

Said release was really crappy if I recall too. It's about as barebones as you can get for a fighting game.

One of us, one of us.

:(

One of us. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
All of this talk makes me want to go play Melty Blood. So i think I'll go do that.

OceanBlue

Said release was really crappy if I recall too. It's about as barebones as you can get for a fighting game.

The training mode is still better than most fighters. I personally think Melty Blood has the best training mode of any game I've ever played, including VF and Skullgirls. Too bad things like button select or switching sticks sucked for the PC, it required a better computer than you'd think it would, and online sucked.

mollipen

You know, just when I'm starting to feel a little confident in my skills in fighting games thanks to playing a lot of SFIV, I get a new game like P4A where I can go online and get crushed.

I couldn't go online with the review build I had, so this is the first day I've gotten to really get into playing against opponent. And man, all of those old feelings of "I might as well just set the controller down the other round, I'd get the same results" are coming right back! *laughs*

You know, just when I'm starting to feel a little confident in my skills in fighting games thanks to playing a lot of SFIV, I get a new game like P4A where I can go online and get crushed.

I couldn't go online with the review build I had, so this is the first day I've gotten to really get into playing against opponent. And man, all of those old feelings of "I might as well just set the controller down the other round, I'd get the same results" are coming right back! *laughs*

Play with us Shidoshi, on PS3!

Kellen

It's okay I have the same problem, Lets all get bodied together!

mollipen

I just played what might have been the stupidest match of a fighting game I've ever played. *laughs*

Round 1: "FUUUUUCK! These Elizabeth laser spams are just destroying me! I just don't really know yet how to get around them! I am going to throw this joystick out the window! Oh great, he perfected me. Great."

Round 2: "Wait... Yukiko's Dia just eats those lasers for breakfast. Oh... OH."

Edit: I'm pikoeri on PSN if anybody wants to play!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just played what might have been the stupidest match of a fighting game I've ever played. *laughs*

Round 1: "FUUUUUCK! These Elizabeth laser spams are just destroying me! I just don't really know yet how to get around them! I am going to throw this joystick out the window! Oh great, he perfected me. Great."

Round 2: "Wait... Yukiko's Dia just eats those lasers for breakfast. Oh... OH."

Edit: I'm pikoeri on PSN if anybody wants to play!

... You... have a roll you know

mollipen

... You... have a roll you know

Yeah, I just absolutely couldn't get the timing down on it though. Once I do it'll be no big deal.

Plus, I tend to always play too spazy at first due to nerves. After more exposure to online play I'll calm down and get better at that kind of stuff. I'm still nowhere near an expert at fighting games, so I still tend to get super nervous when playing against real opponents in a new game.

OceanBlue

Does that game have an arcade release yet? I feel like they announced it years ago.

Supposedly, before the end of this year (for some reason, September comes to mind but I'm even less sure on that). I think that's what they announced it for. It could be pushed back though.

Solune

Does that game have an arcade release yet? I feel like they announced it years ago.
Just loketests still, they revealed the last two characters just recently.
Supposedly, before the end of this year (for some reason, September comes to mind but I'm even less sure on that). I think that's what they announced it for. It could be pushed back though.

Maybe you read the Dustloop thread or from somewhere else but supposedly there is an exhibition to be held in September during a convention or show.

Sophia

Your Amazon.com order of "Persona 4 Arena" has shipped!

Hello Sophia

Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your item, and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.
Your estimated delivery date is:

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It begins.... >:D

That's what UNiB is for.

Yeah I can't wait for that one either. HD Melty Blood.... <3

B00TE

Hope it arrives early in the day for you and anyone else who ordered. Waiting for Max Anarchy to show up on my door step was torture.

Gonna be at GameStop as soon as they open Tuesday. Already feelin' the hype!

Sophia

Amazon, when they ship via UPS, always has an amazing track record for me. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I got it a day early. >_>;

Hopefully mine ships soon, they haven't even charged my card yet even though I have the release day shipping. Their new RDD method fucking sucks, wish they would go back to how it was before with the overnight-ship the day before method.

Amazon, when they ship via UPS, always has an amazing track record for me. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I got it a day early. >_>;

as long as they don't send it via Fedex...

Those dickwads just dump your shit on the porch.

The best amazon delivery is the dude in a car...not sure who it is but some dude rides up in a normal ass car to deliver your stuff.

So gdlk..he's crazy early too.

Sophia

as long as they don't send it via Fedex...

Those dickwads just dump your shit on the porch.

The best amazon delivery is the dude in a car...not sure who it is but some dude rides up in a normal ass car to deliver your stuff.

So gdlk..he's crazy early too.

Don't really have problems with Fedex. If you're on the east coast, you should worry when they ship it by Prestige. It'll be late, come in an unmarked car, have poor packaging, or all of the above. :p

Since I'm broke I'm gonna be trading in Dark Souls, Tekken 6, and Super Mario 3D land to get the game.

I hope you've at least finished 3D Land before you trade it in. :(

B00TE

Since I'm broke I'm gonna be trading in Dark Souls, Tekken 6, and Super Mario 3D land to get the game.

I was considering doing the same thing to get my Xbox copy. Decided to wait and see how much I get sucked into this. My friends are all getting the Xbox version, but they're all close enough to come over and play locally anyway.

Onemic

Don't really have problems with Fedex. If you're on the east coast, you should worry when they ship it by Prestige. It'll be late, come in an unmarked car, have poor packaging, or all of the above. :p

I hope you've at least finished 3D Land before you trade it in. :(

On the last level. I'll probably just beat it so I can say I finished the game, but that game disappointed me.

Top Bottom