• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

EVOL 100%

I'm honestly just lucky to have friends who happened to get sucked into fighters when SFIV released. Since then, we've been getting more people to show up and play since everyone is really just encouraging learning how to play better, etc. And I live in the middle of nowhere!

The only fighting game people play here is Tekken and I really don't like high-level Tekken at all. :(

Since I'm broke I'm gonna be trading in Dark Souls

N1t7O.png

zlatko

Banned
I saw on the giantbomb quick look that Atlus is aware of the 360 issue, and promise to iron it out ASAP, but as far as the NA launch is concerned they are letting it launch as it is to see if the issue occurs here too. Right?

I hope it all works out for this game when it comes to online, since it has the potential to be my go to fighter. If not, then TTT2 should suffice. ;)

Onemic

Man, so many of P4A's training features should be standard in fighting games. Demonstrations for trials, hitstun bar....

And it seems P4A's trials seem quite a bit easier than Blazblues trials, at least from the streams. Can anyone confirm this?

Infinite

Man, so many of P4A's training features should be standard in fighting games. Demonstrations for trials, hitstun bar....

And it seems P4A's trials seem quite a bit easier than Blazblues trials, at least from the streams. Can anyone confirm this?

Aigis trials are no joke. They seem easier to me but with that kinda question the answers may vary depending who you ask.

vocab

Looks easier than BBCS, but honestly looks are deceiving. I will not say shit is easy until I can do it. I think someone rated BB's trials like a 9/10 next to kof13 having the hardest trials in a fighting game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's the blue boxes on those anyway? Hurt boxes?

Shame they're doing challenge mode and not something actually interesting.

It's kind of fun to see them learn the game though. Seeing them react to new moves and be like "WTF happened" and "yo that's cheap" can be hilarious. They can be godlike later. But for now I prefer this.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If you listen to Warning a Huge Podcast you would know ;-)

Alright, now I have to ask which podcast episode it is specifically. I'm listening to the latest episode and they mentioned the game a little bit, but they way the discussed the game it didn't sound like it was anything special.

Sophia

It's kind of fun to see them learn the game though. Seeing them react to new moves and be like "WTF happened" and "yo that's cheap" can be hilarious. They can be godlike later. But for now I prefer this.

I guess. Learning the game can be fun, but I find challenge modes are about as enjoyable as playing Yoshi's Cookie. While blindfolded. =P

Their reactions to Elizabeth are awesome.

Infinite

Alright, now I have to ask which podcast episode it is specifically. I'm listening to the latest episode and they mentioned the game a little bit, but they way the discussed the game it didn't sound like it was anything special.

It was that podcast. They mentioned the game but didn't go in depth. I just think it's a really awesome podcast regardless and you should listen to it lol

Yuripaw

Banned

Has anyone used one of these before? I just picked it up from work today for $10, because I can't afford a decent arcade stick right now. I've held it in my hand a little bit, and I do really like the way the stick feels. It has a good click to it.

I'm hoping this will work well enough for Persona 4 Arena, because I'm kinda done with fighting games otherwise. I'm not into the competitive scene, and I'm only getting this because I love Persona 4.

alstein

Has anyone used one of these before? I just picked it up from work today for $10, because I can't afford a decent arcade stick right now. I've held it in my hand a little bit, and I do really like the way the stick feels. It has a good click to it.

I'm hoping this will work well enough for Persona 4 Arena, because I'm kinda done with fighting games otherwise. I'm not into the competitive scene, and I'm only getting this because I love Persona 4.

I'd recommend a Hori Fighting Commander 3 for a PS3 pad- it's a little better, though a little more expensive (around $35 or so - not too bad)

leroidys

So it looks like this game is going to be pretty hardcore? That's a shame. I would have definitely been down for a smash bros or powerstone level of complexity, but I just don't have time in my life for competitive fighting games. Damn :(

So it looks like this game is going to be pretty hardcore? That's a shame. I would have definitely been down for a smash bros or powerstone level of complexity, but I just don't have time in my life for competitive fighting games. Damn :(

It's made by Arcsys. No smash bros here.

You could just do auto combo only I guess. But I imagine that will be difficult to win with against higher PSR.

Infinite

Apparently Go1 and P3u Player the top ranked Mitsuru players are both out of SBO. Stuneedge beats Hayashi to advance to the second round

Sophia

Probably not going to be nearly as hardcore as other fighting games, but it'll be above that of Smash Bros/Powerstone for sure.

Onemic

Just use auto combos. Mashing A all day.

Top Bottom