• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

To be fair P3's protag shared a voice actor with it;s main villian too.

plus you don't get the Bosch and don't let him use his magical voice.

Plus his
creepy raper guy
voice is fantastic.

That was deliberate with the P3 protag, where as Yu and Adachi have different actors in Japanese. =P

Jawmuncher

So I was wondering whats the chance of this hitting PSV?
I know probably not even this year but has their even been any murmurs about it?

BB on the PSV was just great, and i'd really prefer to be able to play the story mode on the go. I'll probably buy it on PS3 regardless but still.

Ken

So I was wondering whats the chance of this hitting PSV?
I know probably not even this year but has their even been any murmurs about it?

BB on the PSV was just great, and i'd really prefer to be able to play the story mode on the go. I'll probably buy it on PS3 regardless but still.

BB's on the PSV.
P4G's on the PSV.

Fuse them together and you get Blazona 4 Golden Trigger Arena Shift.

kewlmyc

Then my second line stands more.

You don't waste the Bosch.

just can't do it.
It wouldn't be a problem if he had more range with his voice. The only voices I can recall JYB doing that didn't sound the exact same as his other roles were Renton from Eureka 7 and young Rossiu from Gurren Lagann.

Solune

It amazes me that anyone could stick to one trial like that for an hour. Fighting game fans are really something else.

I actually do this.... Except sometimes I'll spend a day and not be able to do it and come back the next day :lol.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I actually do this.... Except sometimes I'll spend a day and not be able to do it and come back the next day :lol.

I've gotten hella into other games before where I've probably done something similar and had fun with it. Haven't reached that point in fighting games yet.

sephi22

It amazes me that anyone could stick to one trial like that for an hour. Fighting game fans are really something else.
It took me a week to do Viper and Ken's final trials in sf4 for the platinum. Ive platinumed every fighting game ive ever played since then.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What's the most accurate, up-to-date tier list? Is Yukiko still one of the weakest characters?

She's like mid

Yup, that's a tandem. Shadow Labyris seems like a much better version of Devo, but to be fair, Devo is pretty ass. The blocking mechanic makes more sense than the swap characters mechanic, I think Devo was an impossible design that just couldn't work right with 4 buttons. Carl Clover was a good style too for that type of Stand.
Yeah ArcSys seems to have the whole Stand/Pet style character down perfect. Eddie and zappa when he used his dog were both really great

Infinite

What's the most accurate, up-to-date tier list? Is Yukiko still one of the weakest characters?

attachment.php

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I've never really looked at tier lists in fighters before. Are low tier bars tees supposed to be bad in terms of damage and health? Seems odd to give a character low damage and health doesn't it?

Noi

I've never really looked at tier lists in fighters before. Are low tier bars tees supposed to be bad in terms of damage and health? Seems odd to give a character low damage and health doesn't it?

A combination of factors. Damage output, movement options, ease of use, number of favorable matchups, attack properties, etc.

This isn't a good way of explaining it, but it's more or less a way of saying "If a good X player fought a good Y player, who would be more likely to win?", with X being in high tier and Y being in a lower tier. It's by no means a definitive thing, as you often see lower tiered characters beat high tiers all the time in other fighting games, but they usually have a much harder time doing so than the other way around.

Dantis

Man why does Yu have the same voice actor as Adachi? Shit is confusing :(

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't an actor that I hated as much as I do Bosch. Thank goodness for dual audio, I guess. The JP cast is excellent, so it's not really an issue.

For people who have played the game: How is the story? (Without spoilers, please)
I'm hearing mixed things. From what I've read, it seems that the consensus is that the story is more something for Persona fans, but doesn't really make much sense or have much purpose.

Sophia

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't an actor that I hated as much as I do Bosch. Thank goodness for dual audio, I guess. The JP cast is excellent, so it's not really an issue.

For people who have played the game: How is the story? (Without spoilers, please)
I'm hearing mixed things. From what I've read, it seems that the consensus is that the story is more something for Persona fans, but doesn't really make much sense or have much purpose.

The story is really good, probably one of the best they've written (I've only got one complaint with it, which I won't say...), and yeah, it's extremely geared towards Persona fans. They try to explain a lot of it so people who haven't played a Persona game aren't totally lost, but ideally you want to be someone who's played (and possibly completed) P3/P4.

Dantis

The story is really good, probably one of the best they've written (I've only got one complaint with it, which I won't say...), and yeah, it's extremely geared towards Persona fans. They try to explain a lot of it so people who haven't played a Persona game aren't totally lost, but ideally you want to be someone who's played (and possibly completed) P3/P4.

See, now I'm just confused. That's probably the most positive I've seen someone be about it so far, so I dunno what to think now. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can play it myself. Which will probably be next year thanks to region lock and Zen.

Sophia

See, now I'm just confused. That's probably the most positive I've seen someone be about it so far, so I dunno what to think now. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can play it myself. Which will probably be next year thanks to region lock and Zen.

I'm not sure what you've heard that's so negative. Everyone I personally know who's played through it (or spoiled themselves like I did...) says it's awesome, outside of a few minor details.

sephi22

I saw Mitsuru's story from beginning to end on stream and thought it sucked. It was basically:
Start-> give basic premise for her to be in this world->fight->fight->fight->cliffhanger ending.

It was pretty dry since there weren't any entertaining character interaction like blazblue, neither were there any joke endings or bad endings. Im hoping the P4 cast has better stories and interactions.

Also, that cliffhanger ending just sets up the 'true end' that you unlock when you finish story with all characters

Sophia

There are joke endings. The vast majority of people (and I can take a hunch who's stream you watched based upon how you described it) went for general completion first.

sephi22

There are joke endings. The vast majority of people (and I can take a hunch who's stream you watched) went for general completion first.
Thats good to know. Does Mitsuru not have one? From what i saw on stream, there are no alternate paths after battles like blazblue, so im assuming joke endings trigger when you lose to someone?

Sophia

Thats good to know. Does Mitsuru not have one? From what i saw on stream, there are no alternate paths after battles like blazblue, so im assuming joke endings trigger when you lose to someone?

Minor spoilers and all, not too significant, but don't want to upset anyone given we're still pre-US release.

I know Kanji and Teddie both have joke endings. Yu's also got a few alternative "joke" scenes, but it's not really a flat out new ending. I'm not sure about anyone else. I haven't seen any bad endings, but I haven't seen anyone lose either so...

Question personally for you, sephi.
Curiously, have you only seen Mitsuru's story. If so, you've kinda seen it out of order....

Dantis

I saw Mitsuru's story from beginning to end on stream and thought it sucked. It was basically:
Start-> give basic premise for her to be in this world->fight->fight->fight->cliffhanger ending.

How wordy was it? I got so bored with the CS story mode that I actually fell asleep playing it (It was late into the night, but even so).

Sophia

How wordy was it? I got so bored with the CS story mode that I actually fell asleep playing it (It was late into the night, but even so).

It's pretty wordy. I said this earlier in the thread about story mode, but the word count is easily comparable to two 600+ page novels for the whole thing. If you've played a Persona game, you know what to expect.

Dantis

Aside from when Naoto was going over the entire case again and again, I never got bored in any of the previous games. Is the writing up to the same standard?

Also, for a while, my concern has been with the reasons for why everyone is fighting. Is there a good reason? Or is it just something like "WOAH THE FOG IS CONFUSING EVERYONE OH KNOW WE'D BETTER BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EACH OTHER".

Sophia

You're getting into pretty big spoiler territory of which I refuse to reveal in this thread, even under spoiler tags. =P

I'll answer more in private if you like, although yes, there's a good reason for it.

Toski

So which character is the best "all around" that can rushdown/zone/keepaway? I tend to prefer characters that can zone and rushdown tilting toward rushdown. I was planning on maining Brosuke, but I'll try any other character that fits my playstyle.

Ken

So which character is the best "all around" that can rushdown/zone/keepaway? I tend to prefer characters that can zone and rushdown tilting toward rushdown. I was planning on maining Brosuke, but I'll try any other character that fits my playstyle.

If only you could set custom titles for characters.

Top Bottom