• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

To each their own I guess. The only reason it's not my goto game on my 3DS anymore is because I finished it. Twice. >_>;

Onemic

To each their own I guess. The only reason it's not my goto game on my 3DS anymore is because I finished it. Twice. >_>;

ha, I mean it's a great game, but from the way it was hyped and from the trailers I was expecting close to a super mario galaxy level of amazing.

With that I'll have no games on my 3DS anymore besides my Eshop and ambassador games.

zlatko

Banned
So I'm a bit bummed, because I won't be able to get the game until Friday at the earliest of this week. Being poor sucks. :(

Vaati

Banned
I am prepared to walk an hour to the game store to pick this up.

Nothing will stop me from getting it on launch day haha.

Infinite

A new character in persona 4 arena made it's debut at SBO! His name is Glare and his persona stops you from seeing the screen!
AzfqBgtCEAALiEq.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Amazon, when they ship via UPS, always has an amazing track record for me. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I got it a day early. >_>;

Whenever UPS delivers to me, I usually get it near the end of the day, due to me living so close to the shipping depot. Oh and if I'm not around, they leave it in my doorway.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Still not shipped. ;(

The last time I got a package via UPS the packaging was ripped open, so I hope it's not the same here.

m1C1E.gif

No, no, no! Bad idea! Tekken 6 and Mario shit sure, but Dark Souls? There's DLC coming out this winter.

Don't do it man.

Also to Shidoshi, what do you think of the game so far? How does it compare to other games like BlazBlue and Street Fighter in terms of quality?

Tomat

If you listen to Warning a Huge Podcast you would know ;-)

I don't use that new podcast technology crap. FM or bust.

I'll check it out though, I'm not nearly as hyped as everyone else here. I'm actually not entirely convinced the game is going to be good/I'm going to like the game yet. That CrossCounter video was just weak, didn't really explain much and the guy they had on there was hella mellow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I'll check it out though, I'm not nearly as hyped as everyone else here. I'm actually not entirely convinced the game is going to be good/I'm going to like the game yet. That CrossCounter video was just weak, didn't really explain much and the guy they had on there was hella mellow.

What? Do you want...

*ahem*

HI!! MIKE ROSS AND BILLY MAYS HERE FOR ATLUS AND ARC SYSTEM WORKS! TODAY WE'RE INTRODUCING PERSONA 4: THE ULTIMATE IN MAYONAKA (Translators Note: Mayonaka means Midnight) ARENA!!!

MIKE, WHAT IS THE BUTTON LAYOUT LIKE?

Um? ABCD?

FANTASTIC! AND HOW DO YOU USE NORMALS!?

...Mash them? Kinda...?

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

Tomat

What? Do you want...

*ahem*

HI!! MIKE ROSS AND BILLY MAYS HERE FOR ATLUS AND ARC SYSTEM WORKS! TODAY WE'RE INTRODUCING PERSONA 4: THE ULTIMATE IN MAYONAKA (Translators Note: Mayonaka means Midnight) ARENA!!!

MIKE, WHAT IS THE BUTTON LAYOUT LIKE?

Um? ABCD?

FANTASTIC! AND HOW DO YOU USE NORMALS!?

...Mash them? Kinda...?

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!
Honestly yeah, that would be pretty damn awesome.

Sophia

That CrossCounter video was awful. Even the fans have put together much better videos than that. D:

Onemic

No, no, no! Bad idea! Tekken 6 and Mario shit sure, but Dark Souls? There's DLC coming out this winter.

Don't do it man.

Also to Shidoshi, what do you think of the game so far? How does it compare to other games like BlazBlue and Street Fighter in terms of quality?

I'm just gonna get it again for PC if anything. Will save me from blighttown slowdowns :D

Didn't watch it yet. What was bad about it?

Seemed really dry and uninspired. Twitch streams were better.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

It just wasn't all that informative. Neither Gootecks nor the producer offered any advice related to the normals they showed that would be helpful to anyone.

Sophia

Yu Namba sounds like he doesn't even want to be there, and it's poorly organized. Plus what thetrin said.

I wonder how many times he stutters or uses the phrase "um..." before the two minute mark. It's just... really lazy. Not at all what a beginner needs to hear.

BlackJace

Ran into some money issues and had to order at a way later date than expected: yesterday.

Now Amazon is telling me I'm gonna get the game on the 14th.

sadface.jpg

vocab

It's not for everyone. Hell as someone who put 150 hours into demon's souls, I hate dark souls. Anyway, he said he's getting the PC version, which is a good move because it will be cheaper in no time.

TheSeks

It's not for everyone. Hell as someone who put 150 hours into demon's souls, I hate dark souls.

Agreed. Dark Souls really is weak in comparison to Demon's Souls.
In before "OMG SEKS HATES S&O HE JUST SUXXORS LOLOLOLOL"

I'm getting the DLC because I'm a trophy whore, but after that I'm running through the game a second time to mop up and not looking back.

Onemic

It's not for everyone. Hell as someone who put 150 hours into demon's souls, I hate dark souls. Anyway, he said he's getting the PC version, which is a good move because it will be cheaper in no time.

The Capra demon in blighttown is legitimately a cheap boss. Using the games shitty camera against you by making you face him in the narrowest room ever

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The Capra demon in blighttown is legitimately a cheap boss. Using the games shitty camera against you by making you face him in the narrowest room ever

He's also the 3rd or 2nd easiest boss in the game seriously you just run up stairs and drop down over and over -.-/

B00TE

Hey Tomat, you got us :)

All my friends are prepping for playing TTT2 - P4A is a driveby game for my local scene ;;

The opposite for me. People are getting interested more because it's an anime fighter with simpler inputs. And most of em are familiar-ish with P4 via the hiimdaisy comic dub or the giant bomb endurance run.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I only wish there was a local scene where I lived. But it's the middle of nowhere. ;_;

I live in CO, and I have no idea if there's a scene here, but I just play fighting games with my RL friends. That's one thing I really like about where I live. RL fighting game buddies.

TheSeks

That's actually easy. Smog and Orenstien is the cheaper boss because the camera/lock-on freaks out because they continuously bumrush you from all sides and break the lock-on before you can even hit them, whiffing air only for the other one to bum rush you from behind the camera.

Sophia

I live in CO, and I have no idea if there's a scene here, but I just play fighting games with my RL friends. That's one thing I really like about where I live. RL fighting game buddies.

Yeah see if I played fighting games with my friends here I'd probably win every single time (with one exception...)

People here can hardly grasp the concepts of Mario and Wii Sports, and even Call of Duty is a foreign concept to them. :\

B00TE

I only wish there was a local scene where I lived. But it's the middle of nowhere. ;_;
I'm honestly just lucky to have friends who happened to get sucked into fighters when SFIV released. Since then, we've been getting more people to show up and play since everyone is really just encouraging learning how to play better, etc. And I live in the middle of nowhere!

Top Bottom