• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Kuugrr

^ That.

It might be that the estimate is just an estimate, honestly. I'll probably wait to see if it ships tomorrow. Just a little weird is all, given how many times I've ordered a game from Amazon at this point.

Shito

That's Coup Droit, her charge back/forward + A or B move. It cancels into super if you do her 5AAA combo but I'm not sure if you can do it normally.
You can. Easy way to do this is charge 4, 236A, 236A.
You can even delay the second quarter circle A when you're a little bit far away from the opponent.

And to answer Busaiku's question: no, to my knowledge, you can't cancel out of the charge (and you can only charge the B version of the move), like say how Makoto from SF can cancel her hayate with a kick button. Once you're charging, you're commiting to it.
The guy who won SBO sure liked to use it a lot, randomly -- that's very surprising!

Busaiku

And to answer Busaiku's question: no, to my knowledge, you can't cancel out of the charge (and you can only charge the B version of the move), like say how Makoto from SF can cancel her hayate with a kick button. Once you're charging, you're commiting to it.
The guy who won SBO sure liked to use it a lot, randomly -- that's very surprising!

Yeah, was weird when Maddo was just staying away for so long.

Not random, he was trying to bait the other guy into moving against him, but doing it at ranges where he was safe from their options. That's why his opponents just stood there, they knew the trap and didn't want to risk the tournament. I think they wanted to vertical jump on reaction, but it's too fast and the timing's variable. You'll notice that guy's coup droits are insanely well spaced.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm really sad denpa cracked under pressure though and dropped combos at those crucial times, he might of been able to go all the way. Oh well :p

2 days to go cant wait :D

Esura

Banned
Late as all hell but, I second the notion that Yosuke is much better as a sidekick/bro/bff than Junpei. It took for Junpei to get his Ultimate Persona to stop getting on my nerves. But from beginning to end Yosuke was a true bro. He didn't dick ride on a senior like Junpei, didn't hate on the MC like Junpei, and he was an endearing goofball unlike Junpei...who was just a dick sometimes....although Operation Babe Hunt was some funny stuff.

Speaking of that, do the FeMC got a Operation Man Hunt or something?

Late as all hell but, I second the notion that Yosuke is much better as a sidekick/bro/bff than Junpei. It took for Junpei to get his Ultimate Persona to stop getting on my nerves. But from beginning to end Yosuke was a true bro. He didn't dick ride on a senior like Junpei, didn't hate on the MC like Junpei, and he was an endearing goofball unlike Junpei...who was just a dick sometimes....although Operation Babe Hunt was some funny stuff.

Speaking of that, do the FeMC got a Operation Man Hunt or something?

Nope, if I remember correctly FeMC just gets Operation Babe Hunt minus Minato :/

Sophia

Nope, if I remember correctly FeMC just gets Operation Babe Hunt minus Minato :/

The scenes are a little different, and you get Akihiko calling Aigis a lesbian. XD

Also, Junpei has Belive It or Don't, which automatically makes him more awesome than Yosuke. (Can you tell which part of FES I just passed on my PS3 playthrough? >.>)

Sorry if it was mentioned above, but looks like Fry's will have this for $50 on Tuesday. You likely miss out on the soundtrack but you have $10 in your pocket for the inevitable DLC.

Well shiiit.... Wish I had a Fry's near me. I'd pay $10 in gas just to drive to one. x_x

Sorry if it was mentioned above, but looks like Fry's will have this for $50 on Tuesday. You likely miss out on the soundtrack but you have $10 in your pocket for the inevitable DLC.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I must be the only person in this thread who's hype isn't increasing.

My dread and buyer's remorse is the only thing rising.

Dawn of the Hype Train:

24 hours remaining.

Amazing, Imma put that song on loop for the whole day and slowly go insane! :D

tumblr_m7p6r3h66S1qzutfv.jpg

Come on mang, stay positive!

THIS HYPE TRAIN STOPS FOR NO ONE!

vocab

I'm really kind of same way. I bought into the hype of Blazblue CS, preordered it for day 1 and was left hugely disappointed. I traded it off a few days later.

I'm really hoping this lives up to my expectations. I really like the systems in this game. It seems more focused and a much more honest fighting game. Plus, I like the characters a lot, and the ost is something I like from the start.

Yuripaw

Banned

Why? I haven't really been looking at the thread constantly like some others might have, so what am I missing? What's making you worried?

I'm really kind of same way. I bought into the hype of Blazblue CS, preordered it for day 1 and was left hugely disappointed. I traded it off a few days later.

I admit I'm not really a fan of Blazblue, and never could quite get the feel for how the fighting is in those games from what I've played...but I love Persona 4, and I'm hoping all the different character stories will be enough for me to be satisfied.

Tomat

Why? I haven't really been looking at the thread constantly like some others might have, so what am I missing? What's making you worried?
I'm not entirely convinced it'll actually be a good game. The last ArcSys games I played just fell too frantic.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm not entirely convinced it'll actually be a good game. The last ArcSys games I played just fell too frantic.

It's a good game, but is it a game for you?

The BB games are not bad, even extend isn't bad just boring to me.

What fighters do you like?

Yuripaw

Banned

Hm, well in that respect I'd probably agree that it's completely possible that you, and even I wouldn't necessarily enjoy the game if that's a problem. However, it does come back to how good the story stuff is for me. I'm one of those crazy people who actually plays games for story more often than not, and I can forgive bad or frustrating game play if I like the story.

Tomat

It's a good game, but is it a game for you?

The BB games are not bad, even extend isn't bad just boring to me.

What fighters do you like?
Probably SSF4, but only because that's the one I've played the most. With the right group of people I could probably have fun with P4U as well.

I spent most of the BB games trying to learn Arakune while constantly getting shit on by a friend of mine. That aside, the gameplay just felt... weak compared to SSF4 and I think this is partly due to the speed of the game. It's fast, and everyone seems to have a ridiculous amount of health.

Sophia

Probably SSF4, but only because that's the one I've played the most. With the right group of people I could probably have fun with P4U as well.

I spent most of the BB games trying to learn Arakune while constantly getting shit on by a friend of mine. That aside, the gameplay just felt... weak compared to SSF4 and I think this is partly due to the speed of the game. It's fast, and everyone seems to have a ridiculous amount of health.

Yeah, that's a good way to get turned off fighting game. Jumping straight into multiplayer before you can reliably clear the single player is usually a bad idea.

Personally, I'm gonna go through Arcade Mode with everyone to get a good feel for the game.

BlackJace

If I was sure this game would be structurally similar to BB, I wouldn't be here. From I've seen, it looks a lot different. And Aram says it's more accessible, so I have to trust em.

Top Bottom