• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

.la1n

My copy has shipped from Amazon, better late than never.

873762_o.gif

Esura

Banned
Nah, you are just getting lucky in other games. Wiring up is just a common courtesy when playing online.

My connection is exactly the same whether wireless or off aka, you couldn't tell if it was wired or not. Wiring up doesn't automatically make a connection better.

I didn't know there were more dp attacks that are actually a counter. I was going with Akihiko because I love just messing around with counter specials.

Sophia

My connection is exactly the same whether wireless or off aka, you couldn't tell if it was wired or not. Wiring up doesn't automatically make a connection better.

It really has no effect. I tried all sorts of shit with getting BlazBlue to work, but nothing ever worked.

I wish I could turn off the commentary entirely online. Everyone's got Rise set to Japanese and it's bizarre as hell with Aigis's english voice. o_O;

EDIT: I give up. This is completely unplayable. If anyone's got any suggestions as to why it's a slideshow/inputlagfest on a DIRECT CONNECTION to my Comcast modem, please let me know.

Gotecks would play as Mitsuru for the swag alone. I support this

And Combo made Shadow Labrys look so much more entertaining than I imagined she would be. Hearing her compared to Carl from BB was a total turn off

Esura

Banned
It really has no effect. I tried all sorts of shit with getting BlazBlue to work, but nothing ever worked.

I wish I could turn off the commentary entirely online. Everyone's got Rise set to Japanese and it's bizarre as hell with Aigis's english voice. o_O;

EDIT: I give up. This is completely unplayable. If anyone's got any suggestions as to why it's a slideshow/inputlagfest on a DIRECT CONNECTION to my Comcast modem, please let me know.

I wish I could help you but I'm not sure. Have you tried opening up some more ports? I remember when I was trying to use GGPO I couldn't go online for the life of me without opening up certain ports. I'm not too savvy on stuff like that sadly.

And wtf? You are stuck listening to other people's VA choice again? That's the one thing I freaking despise about online for Blazblue. Bizzare as hell is an understatement.

Friend's Newegg order fell through so we are gonna go attempt to pick up a copy at Wal-Mart tonight. Hopefully they have it, he called earlier and they told him the boxes weren't in yet which from my time working at Wal-Mart means the person he talked to was probably too goddamned lazy to actually go check.

At least my Amazon copy will for sure be here tomorrow.

FSLink

Banned

Sophia

I wish I could help you but I'm not sure. Have you tried opening up some more ports? I remember when I was trying to use GGPO I couldn't go online for the life of me without opening up certain ports. I'm not too savvy on stuff like that sadly.

And wtf? You are stuck listening to other people's VA choice again? That's the one thing I freaking despise about online for Blazblue. Bizzare as hell is an understatement.

The PS3 is in DMZ mode. :\ I found one Elizabeth player who was at least three bars. That was playable. And yeah, it's weird. The commentator changes depending on who's side of the screen it's on.... I just turned Rise off. >_>;

Ah well, going through story mode now because I'm pissed. Might as well enjoy the story and cool off.

vocab

Gotecks would play as Mitsuru for the swag alone. I support this

And Combo made Shadow Labrys look so much more entertaining than I imagined she would be. Hearing her compared to Carl from BB was a total turn off

You have to block with both your persona and character when you play shadow labrys. Probably a lot easier than carl, but still complex compared to the rest of the cast.

You have to block with both your persona and character when you play shadow labrys. Probably a lot easier than carl, but still complex compared to the rest of the cast.

If I'm gonna play as Shadow Labrys, I'm sure as hell not going to be blocking. I would just rush down and look to make cross ups while my opponent guesses which way to block and I profit!

But its all moot anyway. I will be playing as Yukiko almost exclusively. Everyone else will be merely to say I tried!

But still, Combo makes Shadowlab look really fun

Hex

Banned
Got my first taste of online, was nice and smooth so I am happy.
Really loving the presentation of this game.
Should be on later tonight if anyone is around.

Sophia

lol, Mystery Food X is among the titles. Awesome.

Related note, but Laura Bailey is really good when they put her into a role fitting for her voice. And new Teddie is awesome. XD

Ugh, I can read the story faster than it displays on screen on the default, so I've accidentally skipped a few dialogue choices without realizing what I selected. ><;

Sophia

I can see why everyone is playing Narukami, he's really easy to pick up. o_O;

Also, Dear Margaret, shaddup. You're not as cool as your sister or Igor and you're talking way too much. :|

Stark

Banned

Yeah. Hearing English Ragna (which seemed to be the only character I fought) all the time got really weird. :x

Hope mine ships tomorrow. :/

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I can see why everyone is playing Narukami, he's really easy to pick up. o_O;

Also, Dear Margaret, shaddup. You're not as cool as your sister or Igor and you're talking way too much. :|
I thought you were getting the 360 version?

Got my first taste of online, was nice and smooth so I am happy.
Really loving the presentation of this game.
Should be on later tonight if anyone is around.
Which console?

Also @this youtube stream, could Gootecks look any more depressed? Damn man.

Sophia

I get the feeling more of her dialogue would have been Igor's if not for the sad passing of his Japanese VA.

I know. I'm sad. :( Dan Woren should get extra lines if you're playing in English cuz I want moar Igor and it's awkward hearing his repeat lines. >.<;

I thought you were getting the 360 version?

Nope, PS3 all the way because it's got the majority of players, even if I'm having odd connection issues. Plus, I don't have Gold. :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just came here to say that I've never played a Persona game before but I'm totally picking this up just because. No expectations, so we'll see how this goes.

Top Bottom