• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Monday, 08/06/2012, by 4:30 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

Yeeeees..... Today is starting to look up finally!

@Lyte Edge: Are you on PS3? Totally would like to bump your Aigis statistics up. =P

EDIT: Oh sweet, you are. I'll be playing all evening once the truck gets here.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
No Steak Armada?

Part of #6. It just kinda sucks when you have a game with a relatively-small cast and people still just pick the same one character so many times.

@Lyte: I think you're forgetting that most people are coming from the JRPG. So auto-combos are "easy to do" and they don't really need to "learn the game" right now (if ever, if the fanbase stays at this level).

Just enjoy your easy wins, I guess?

Nope, not forgetting it all- It's pretty obvious when you play people who don't even know how to BLOCK, lol.

Lyte Edge

@Lyte Edge: Are you on PS3? Totally would like to bump your Aigis statistics up. =P

Yup, been playing with my J-PSN account "lyteedge".

I think I'm gonna be able to do well against American Yu and annoying Labrys players but will still quite the noob against anyone else.

Isn't it day one? Yu is the easiest character to play AND he was the protagonist of the original game, of course he would be the first one people go to...give it a few days guys!

Shito

That's strange, Lyte Edge: I really don't see that many Yu on my side...
I see quite a lot of Chie / Mitsuru / Akihiko, but not that many Yu -- I'd say less than 25%.
Have seen quite a few Yukiko, but still no Shabrys nor Naoto...

Lyte Edge

Isn't it day one? Yu is the easiest character to play AND he was the protagonist of the original game, of course he would be the first one people go to...give it a few days guys!

I've had the game for almost two weeks now -and people can tap out those easy combos with anyone- but it's no surprise that the "Ryu" of the game seems to be the most popular.

That's strange, Lyte Edge: I really don't see that many Yu on my side...
I see quite a lot of Chie / Mitsuru / Akihiko, but not that many Yu -- I'd say less than 25%.

Oh man, that's awesome- let's trade character encounter rates! XD

Infinite

I think it's overstated how easy of a character Yu it's to play. A good portion of the cast is east to pick up.

Infinite

Yu is easy to play. Playing Yu well is a different matter entirely though, LOL.

I'm not saying he ins't easy to approach but most of the cast along with him the same can be said for. Playing the character well is an entirely different matter as you said.

zlatko

Banned
no extra stick, sorry :( but i think 2 of the EFL guys are coming over with their fightsticks to try it out some more, so if anything we can have ourselves a lil' old school "winner stays on" set up. :D

Ah fuck sauce. Sucks I have to miss out on that. My Yosuke would stay top spot full time guaranteed. :p

Infinite

Teddy gives Narukami some trouble IMO since his safe jump loses to his R-action and teddy's normals out ranges and out prioritizes his.

There's hard to blockables and certain characters like Yukiko and Yosuke have attacks that are really unblockable. You know when an attack is unblockable when the double exclamation mark pops over their head.

Lyte Edge

I'm not saying he ins't easy to approach but most of the cast along with him the same can be said for. Playing the character well is an entirely different matter as you said.

Absolutely- Arc deserves major props for making this game very easy to pick up and learn quickly and offering a simplified control scheme, yet offering plenty of depth for advanced players.

All the Junpei hate makes sad.

If there is one thing that P3 does much better than P4, its conflicts. The characters actually have quite a few clashes. Compared to P4, whom are buddy-buddy for most of the game. I think that makes characters like Junpei and Yukari( don't like her though) more realistic and likable when they eventually come to terms with their problems.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Are you guys going to get the DLC color palettes? I'm alright with DPC costumes, but DLC color palettes seems kind of weak.

Also I've really gotta get going on Persona 4 today. I'm right at the end of the
heaven dungeon

Sophia

Are you guys going to get the DLC color palettes? I'm alright with DPC costumes, but DLC color palettes seems kind of weak.

Also I've really gotta get going on Persona 4 today. I'm right at the end of the
heaven dungeon

You're near the end. Keep going, cuz it only gets better. :3

B00TE

Absolutely- Arc deserves major props for making this game very easy to pick up and learn quickly and offering a simplified control scheme, yet offering plenty of depth for advanced players.
I've heard this several times before, but it continues to make me hype. Really good to hear this echoed as many times as it has been.

Sophia

NOOOooooo

Look on the bright side. Yu's biggest strength (all around well balanced) is his biggest weakness. Which admittedly isn't that much of a weakness in low level play but still... At least you've got a decent change of winning before skill is taken into consideration.

Deps

Iunno I've played a bit of Yu and his mixups are straight derp. You have to be really good to force a good Yu to start playing a spacing game/patient. I feel you have to really outplay a good Yu to beat him.

Esura

Banned
Alrighty, since it is go time with only one day left its time to start adding people on my PSN friend list. I haven't been on my PS3 in ages since P3 and P4 a few weeks ago.

My friend and I are going to grab this at midnight at Wal-Mart and cancel our orders at gamestop. Since he works there he can get our pre-order CD's for us so its a win win.

Cowie

Amazon has yet to ship.

Delivery estimate is still August 7.

WHAT DO.

Did you preorder with release day shipping and/or Prime 2day?

I've had Amazon ship out my release day items at like 9pm on the day before release (or at least, that's when they e-mailed me), so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

K.Sabot

Did you preorder with release day shipping and/or Prime 2day?

I've had Amazon ship out my release day items at like 9pm on the day before release (or at least, that's when they e-mailed me), so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

I paid about 10 extra dollars for release day shipping.

I love Persona.

I suck on fighting games.

What to do? t_t

Buy the game anyways. I'm pretty much in the same camp as you. Suck at fighting games, but this being a Persona fighting game there was no way I wasn't gonna get it. As long as you're having fun it doesn't matter if you're not good.

Naite

I'm probably gonna have to avoid this thread for a while. I don't get my copy til Thursday at earliest and I'm gonna be mad jelly of all the people who have their copy already.

Buy the game anyways. I'm pretty much in the same camp as you. Suck at fighting games, but this being a Persona fighting game there was no way I wasn't gonna get it. As long as you're having fun it doesn't matter if you're not good.

This plus the fact that Askys makes awesome story modes.

My internet was shit when I bought BlazBlue and I still got a ton of fun out of it just from the story mode.

Askys fighting games are still very solid single player experiences.

LuuKyK

But what if I can't even beat the boss on normal? lol Those kind of things actually turn me off, and what could be an awesome experience will probably end up being frustrating, even if the story is good. I am afraid of that. But I am inclined to try it. Lets see. x_x

alstein

I didn't want to chance it, so I went to Gamestop. Good thing I did, cause they said they were running out and that all copies might be pre-order only if they got a couple more late stragglers.

Shito

Quoting myself because I've just crossed my first Naoto online!
Guy had a record of 14 matches / 14 wins: I got destroyed... Not easy when you don't know shit about the match-up AND the guy in front of you is good. ^^

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
But what if I can't even beat the boss on normal? lol Those kind of things actually turn me off, and what could be an awesome experience will probably end up being frustrating, even if the story is good. I am afraid of that. But I am inclined to try it. Lets see. x_x

Just lower the difficulty, plus the auto-combo system will help.

Top Bottom