• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
But what if I can't even beat the boss on normal? lol Those kind of things actually turn me off, and what could be an awesome experience will probably end up being frustrating, even if the story is good. I am afraid of that. But I am inclined to try it. Lets see. x_x

I've been complaining this entire thread about how bad I am at fighting games and all that, but trust me on this, you will be able to complete the story mode. There is always a difficulty setting in fighting games that is incredibly easy.

Chavelo

I didn't want to chance it, so I went to Gamestop. Good thing I did, cause they said they were running out and that all copies might be pre-order only if they got a couple more late stragglers.

Standard GameStop procedure.

Get the game before all the copies of the game across your city/state/country/world are gone!

I love Persona.

I suck at fighting games.

What to do? t_t

Get the game. I seriously think they put more effort into the story mode than the fighting game mechanics themselves, and the fighting game mechanics are great already. :D

Plus, matches in story mode are just a single round, so just set the difficulty to easy and wait until you get enough SP/Awakening state and do the instant kill. CPU loves to run into them.

LTWheels

You North Amercians now have a duty of care to us Europeans to make interesting content and upload onto the Internet, so we don't feel left out :(

combofiend is apparently loving the game. That is a good look. Also Carlos (CM of fighting games at MLG) is still pushing the game hard. He asked combo/justin about the game.

MechaX

Meh. I knew this would be the case, but my GameStop was sticking to the street date.

Ah oh well, I can wait until tomorrow to try this goodness out on my new Hori Stick.

Meh. I knew this would be the case, but my GameStop was sticking to the street date.

Ah oh well, I can wait until tomorrow to try this goodness out on my new Hori Stick.

Goin to my local place tonight, they're open till midnight every night so you can always get the new releases on monday. Whoo!

Sophia

It's the UI right? Shit looks so top notch.

Oh my god yes it is. Even the Versus screen looks better in motion.

Just got done with Arcade mode with Aigis.

• This doesn't quite play like BlazBlue. I was kinda surprised. Threw me off guard because I was so used to Calamity Trigger and it's a bit different.
  • Aigis is awesome.
  • Not sure I like the input for Origia mode yet. (22A or 22B) That's going to take some getting used to on a pad. There's a slight delay/recovery in there for your opponent to hit you too.
  • Default difficulty is pretty good. Not too hard, not too easy.
  • Loading Times are almost non-existant when installed to the harddrive. Install time was about five minutes.
  • Pad Warriors are definitely going to want to setup the shoulder buttons for macro combinations. Luckily the best one is already on the R1 button. Hooray.
  • Did I mention Aigis was awesome? Cuz it bears repeating. :p

BlackJace

What are titles?

Have you seen any of the gameplay vids? Above the main character's name are their in-game titles for the P-1 Grand Prix.

For online, players are able to piece together bits of the list above to make a highly customized title for themselves.

Trigger

Have you seen any of the gameplay vids? Above the main character's name are their in-game titles for the P-1 Grand Prix.

For online, players are able to piece together bits of the list above to make a highly customized title for themselves.

Ah, that makes sense. This Atlus stream's quality is amazing. I hope they do a few matches or something.

Sophia

Holy shit, first online game and I lost because of lag. I hope that was them lagging, because I'd really hate to have to drag an ethernet cable to my PS3 and go wired.

vocab

Holy shit, first online game and I lost because of lag. I hope that was them lagging, because I'd really hate to have to drag an ethernet cable to my PS3 and go wired.

cmon son.

Ah there's way too many titles.

You can actually put I hate blazblue. hahaha

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yukari and Yukari Takeba are titles.

Huh.

id3N1e.gif

Sophia

cmon son.

Ah there's way too many titles.

You can actually put I hate blazblue. hahaha

That list scrolls for fucking forever. o_o

I can't remember if BlazBlue did this or not, but the voice settings are on a per player basis. If one of you has it set to Japanese and one to English, each player's character is in their respective language. The commentary switches too. Kinda neat.

Yup. It's on my side. Not sure what it is, but I only have this problem with ASW games. It's not a problem with any other fighter.

Goddamnit, time to drag a wire.
Nah, you are just getting lucky in other games. Wiring up is just a common courtesy when playing online.

Sophia

It might have something to do with the synchronization. If you are dropping packets the synchronization can be fucked up I imagine.

Maybe. I never could figure it out with BlazBlue. Wired connection in DMZ mode and everyone is still coming up as 0 bars, and I don't have the option of direct wiring it.

Top Bottom