• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

I agree with Laura Bailey at least, and I've barely heard much of Bosch in Arena, but I really dislike him in pretty much everything else. It's not really a problem here though because of dual audio.

It's pretty good performance for him. Not his best, however. It's more weird hearing Narukami voiced than hearing Bosch come out of him.

Kanji, definitely Kanji :D

I expected the first reply to be Chie. Color me surprised. Kanji it is then.

Sophia

Good god, is there any role Karen Strassman can't do? She's like six different characters between P3, P4, and P4A. Kanji's mom too. >_>

Dantis

Good god, is there any role Karen Strassman can't do? She's like six different characters between P3, P4, and P4A. Kanji's mom too. >_>

I'd definitely say she's one of the stronger actors in the series. Besides Yukari's, I'd say she's the best of the female party member actresses.

Dr_Faust

Neo Member
Ebgames.ca didnt send me a shipping confirmation yet D: , hope they just forgot to send me an email usually i get my stuffs day one.

Sophia

Lmao, that's why I'm asking! how does the game play like? any game you can compare it to?

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure meets Guilty Gear with a dash of BlazBlue sprinkled on top. Like a cherry. And whipped cream.

Or go with both?

Both are adorable, although gameplay wise Chie is clearly superior.

On Kanji's story mode now. Chie shall be next. Then Yukiko's unless Aigis's story opens up. :p

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You said you canceled.
I haven't canceled it. May wait for more impressions tomorrow before I go pick it up. If I don't like what I hear I'll grab a full refund and get some other game. Too bad there doesn't seem to be much else out at the moment. Not incredibly interested in any upcoming releases either.
I have been since I pre-ordered it 2 hours ago. :(
Hahaha, man... What's wrong with us? We get hyped for an hour, run out and spend the money, and regret it as soon as we get home.

vocab

I don't know how that game plays like either! LOL

Ok, how about, is this game link heavy?

If you mean relying on links to do damage, then no. The game has links in the way marvel has links.

It's more like Marvel than street fighter, but toned down by a massive margin. Does that make sense? Instead of having assist you have a Persona which helps you in many different ways.

Sigmaah

If you mean relying on links to do damage, then no. The game has links in the way marvel has links.

It's more like Marvel than street fighter, but toned down by a massive margin. Does that make sense? Instead of having assist you have a Persona which helps you in many different ways.

:eek: OOO, that's what I like to hear!

Thanks for the reply.

Saprol

I just realized I preordered the game at an EB Games in a mall that opens at 10AM rather than a different mall that opens at 9:30. :BibleThump

Himself

What's the learning curve like on this one?

I'll say I eventually had fun with BlazBlue, but totally sucked and couldn't pull off half the moves let alone understand the systems or ever win a match online. I was more about appreciating the bizarre characters/stages' art styles and creative moves.

One thing I did love about BB, even though I only scratched the surface, was that every fighter felt like they had an entirely distinct move set/play style compared to most fighters out there where many characters share combos/inputs/etc. Can I expect the same degree of difference between characters here?

Cheska

Man, so this game is going to be really difficult to find post release. Just called one of the closest mom and pop stores and he told me that he's having a heck of a time ordering the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I'll say I eventually had fun with BlazBlue, but totally sucked and couldn't pull off half the moves let alone understand the systems or ever win a match online. I was more about appreciating the bizarre characters/stages' art styles and creative moves.

One thing I did love about BB, even though I only scratched the surface, was that every fighter felt like they had an entirely distinct move set/play style compared to most fighters out there where many characters share combos/inputs/etc. Can I expect the same degree of difference between characters here?

Not anywhere near that extreme level of difference but still very different from each other. It's more a bit below guilty gear levels of differences between characters.

Himself

Man, so this game is going to be really difficult to find post release. Just called one of the closest mom and pop stores and he told me that he's having a heck of a time ordering the game.

I'm curious about this being the case. I haven't played P4 yet and won't until the Vita version comes out. By the time I finish that, it'll be early next year and I wonder if I'll have to worry about finding P4:A. I'll watch the first few months to see how it pans out.

vocab

I can't answer it until I play it sadly.

Sophia

Speaking of learning curve, I think I need to up the difficulty for Kanji. So far all of his fights have been winnable by auto-combo over and over. >_>

The default difficulty for story mode is not very difficult at all.

Himself

Not anywhere near that extreme level of difference but still very different from each other. It's more a bit below guilty gear levels of differences between characters.

Cool. I need to give BlazBlue another shot whenever the next revision comes out. I definitely had fun with it. I remember a cat thing, a weird mech boy with glasses, my thumb hurting...

Oh yeah...do the story aspects of P4 have better writing than the visual novel stuff in BB? Cause that shit made me cringe.

Sophia

Oh yeah...do the story aspects of P4 have better writing than the visual novel stuff in BB? Cause that shit made me cringe.

Atlus wrote the story mode and handled the Voice acting duties. It's awesome. It's pretty much a visual novel like BlazBlue however, but closer to Persona 4 in style.

vocab

Cool. I need to give BlazBlue another shot whenever the next revision comes out. I definitely had fun with it. I remember a cat thing, a weird mech boy with glasses, my thumb hurting...

It's more in line with the rpg, and Atlus most likely did all of the writing.

Miragith

Finally received my email from Amazon a little after 7 PM. Was getting a little worried there.
Add me to the list though, should be on tomorrow night!

Miragith - PS3 - Miragith - Elizabeth

Himself

Word. I'm not trying to hate on BB's story or writing. It just really didn't work for me personally. Plus I'm really not too keen on visual novels though I do love the Persona universe.

vocab

Word. I'm not trying to hate on BB's story or writing. It just really didn't work for me personally. Plus I'm really not too keen on visual novels though I do love the Persona universe.

I didn't like what I played. It has a lot of stereotypical anime stuff that makes even me, a person who has seen a lot of anime cringe,

Dr_Faust

Neo Member
Speaking of learning curve, I think I need to up the difficulty for Kanji. So far all of his fights have been winnable by auto-combo over and over. >_>

How many difficulty setting are there?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I can't believe everyone thinks Mitsuru is so top tier. She has some massive weaknesses, and she's gonna drop as hard as Wesker.

I think she will fall somewhere near A tier in the end. Naoto/Akihiko/Teddie/Aegis/Chie all look stronger to me than her. She just has that easy derpness like wasker that is screwing her placement at the moment. The thing about early tiers is, the easy ass characters or the characters with a easy to figure out gimmick tend to become S rank the fastest and then slowly drop down over time.

She does great damage and great normals, BUT she has these little spots where she absolutely can't do shit to touch you reliably

Sophia

How many difficulty setting are there?

I dunno, I haven't adjusted it yet. I'm too busy rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

I have a newfound respect for Kanji for all the wrong reasons.

EDIT: Beginner, Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Hell.

Defaults to normal, which is about right for arcade mode, but a bit too easy for story mode.

So Im getting this game sometime this week, and Im also picking up a basic fight stick at the same time, I decided to make my own art and I wanted to see what you guys thought for on my fight stick.
p4afight.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

I think thats the point, since it was made for fans of the Persona 4 series who might have not been fighting game players and just want to enjoy the story.

Sophia

I think thats the point, since it was made for fans of the Persona 4 series who might have not been fighting game players and just want to enjoy the story.

No doubt. Ah well. Arcade mode's the perfect difficulty. I haven't tried Score Attack or Challenge mode yet.

Onto Chie's story mode!

Top Bottom