• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Anybody trying to play online? It cant seem to determine connection quality with me for anybody and I cant get into matches, despite having fast internet and my ps3s nat is type 2.

LProtag

This is the longest UPS has taken to get to my house so far.

At least it's not as bad as my parent's house where it was 6-7 a few times.

Went during lunch and grabbed a copy, I am so excite :)

Also, the guy hooked me up with the Pre-order bonus copy even though I didn't pre-order

p4arena.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Went during lunch and grabbed a copy, I am so excite :)

Also, the guy hooked me up with the Pre-order bonus copy even though I didn't pre-order

Not that special since they've over shipped a lot of them for first runs, I guess. A lot of non-preorder copies are including the CDs.

Gotta admit, this soundtrack CD is severely lacking compared to past Atlus discs.

Yep. No BURN MY DREAD = massive fail on Atlus' part.

Not that I can enjoy the CD in the first place. I'd rather have an art book.

Do you guys expect that there will be later revisions of the game in later years? I would mind seeing more characters from P3, like Yukari or the main character...

Yeah, I got the CD as well without pre-ordering. Also, Gamespot gives 23 bucks credit for a wireless 360 controller with no play and charge pack? goddamn. Over 30 bucks with that and Dark Souls.

Skilletor

20120807_135133.jpg

Game is weird at first. I was trying to find chain combos and couldn't...then I hit AAAAAA and did combo in to super.

Mitsuru is so. hot.

Been playing my copy since saturday and so far love the balance and style. After running through the cast first 14 challenges, decided that Akihiko and Kanji fit my playstyle. Started the story mode and so far so good. Netcode on ps3 has been good to me got a few matches against my friends Misuru, like he was in the house good. So far very pleased.

Ken

Mitsuru is so. hot.

I decided to try Mitsuru out for a little bit because of that.

But then I couldn't do her sweep into Coup Droit because charge characters and me don't mix.

:(

Labrys so fun though :D

So I completed Chie's Story chapter and I didn't get an achievement, is there a reason for this?

Sounds like a terrible misteak occurred.

Tee hee

Skilletor

I decided to try Mitsuru out for a little bit because of that.

But then I couldn't do her sweep into Coup Droit because charge characters and me don't mix.

:(

Labrys so fun though :D

Sounds like a terrible misteak occurred.

Tee hee

I fucking love charge characters. That's the real reason I played her.

Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Finally finished Narukami's trial 23 after being stuck on it for like half an hour because I couldn't land that fucking dive kick. Now my middle finger on my right hand is developing a blister because of how I've been pressing buttons with it in this game. For some reason I'm finding myself doing a lot of hard taps instead of quick light taps like I do in SF4. So fuck this game
for right now. I need to take a break and let my finger recover before grinding again :(

So I completed Chie's Story chapter and I didn't get an achievement, is there a reason for this?

As far as I can tell, you have to play through more stories, unlock P3 characters and play through them, then play through Labrys story and that will unlock additional story paths for the characters you've done.

Shito

I was afraid of charge characters for a loooooooooong time, but I decided to try out Chun when SF4 Vanilla released: so glad I did.
Charge characters are really fun once their gameplay starts to "click" with you, and it makes you think about your inputs during combos, which is helpful when you switch back to "regular" characters.
Plus, Mitsuru is probably the perfect character to learn charging: she charges quickly, and she doesn't have a lot of complicated combos including her charges.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

From what I read, you have to unlock Labrys in story mode, complete her story, then you can unlock the rest of everybody else's story.

Tain

Sorry if this has been covered, but is the Xbox 360 US release region free? Very likely that it isn't, but I figured I'd check.

njean777

I dont know if I like the whole "Awakening" system, seems kind of cheap. Idk about this game, something about it is not clicking with me. I like fighting games, but this one just feels like a mash of Blaze Blu and MVC (speed wise) which I can understand Blaz Blu, but the speed part is throwing me off a bit, along with the ADD persona use.

Top Bottom