• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

vg260

Peaceful Jay is currently streaming and demonstrating that 360 netcode is indeed ass. It looks like it runs at like, half-speed. No joke.

It being so bad compared to the PS3 version is probably good news in terms of it being fixed and back to being equivalent with the PS3. That is, it's something obvious to them and not just a subtle difference from the PS3 version that they can't seem to figure out if that makes sense.

zlatko

Banned
Did you use to play SF4 or still do? I'm sure I've played you before in random online matches, but just didn't know who you were. Or was it casuals that we set up on GAF?

But regardless I'm down, but I can't play till really late at night. I work 2nd shift so I probably won't be around till 2-3 AM. BTW, I live in NC so if you're in that region then hopefully we will have decent games on Xbox even before the patch.

Ah, shitty. I can't grind at that hour since I'm up at 5:30AM everyday for work, but maybe we can figure something out for the weekend.

Yes I did play a fair amount of SF4 around Super's launch. I know I've played you online. Maybe you were part of one of Kadey's first tournies when Super just came out. I was on a team with Relix and Saqs.

Noi

Reposting the PersonaGAF spreadsheet. Add yourselves in!

Aigis doesn't play quite like I imagined her to, so I think I'll stick to Naoto for now, even if I'm terrible at cancelling out of Aim and using her persona well. Yukiko suddenly seems very appealing though...

I'll probably jump online once I get home, right after attempting Naoto's challenges.

Kuugrr

I got the game on Xbox and just turned it on right now. It said to download a update before the game started. Is that the network patch or something else?

It's a patch for something else. The network patch hasn't made it through MS cert yet, iirc.

Walked into Gamestop and picked up a PS3 copy without incident. Hooray!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting on amazon to ship this, ordered at like 3 in the morning with same-day local express.

perorist - PS3 - makinamimari - Aigis/Chie

Going to be learning/playing seriously, add me if you're west coast :)

vg260

Current dlc seems completely ridiculous to charge for, tbh, and it's overpriced

I kinda agree. I'm in the minority, but I find it more offensive to charge for colors and stuff like this than for stuff that requires a much, much greater effort in creation such as characters. IF I have to pay for day-one content, I feel better paying for the stuff that more work went into. It's weird to me that some people don't consider that, and feel better paying for trivial cosmetic stuff.

Not trying to derail, so I'll just say I'm about to jump in as soon as word on the 360 fix comes out. Let's hope MS fast-tracks this somehow as it seems to be affecting people's version choice.

zlatko

Banned
I kinda agree. I'm in the minority, but I find it more offensive to charge for colors and stuff like this than for stuff that requires a much, much greater effort in creation such as characters. IF I have to pay for day-one content, I feel better paying for the stuff that more work went into. It's weird to me that some people don't consider that, and feel better paying for trivial cosmetic stuff.

Not trying to derail, so I'll just say I'm about to jump in as soon as word on the 360 fix comes out. Let's hope MS fast-tracks this somehow as it seems to be affecting people's version choice.

I'll reward them with DLC bucks if they fix 360 net code. ;)

After 5 minutes, I'm soooo confused right now. These controls are so foreign to me. But I won't let that stop me. Even if I don't like the game, I really want to learn it first.

MotherFan

Very excited to pick this up tonight after work! I have never bought a non smash fighting game but am looking forward to getting in to this game. Worried I will get my ass kicked online though.

vg260

Why is the default button layout square-aligned (on a stick) rather than like BBs? Is that more natural to use for some reason?

Shito

I don't know if it's all of you US guys getting on the game or what, but I'm kicking so much arses tonight.
I'm starting to get the basic level of everyone's match-up against Mitsuru (except Shabrys, which no one likes apparently ^^), and I don't fall for so many traps now. Got bodied by a gimmicky Teddy with its gimmicky super though: I need to learn how this works -- seems like he can choose which side of the screen he comes from?
Still rocking the same two or three phases, I need to bring some depth to my game.

Even with lag (european version can't come soon enough!) I'm having sooo much fun.

robot

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned already - Bestbuy has the game w/ soundtrack on store shelves, near me at least. I think this happens all the time w/ them, so just a heads up if you didn't preorder and want the bonus!

i've been up since 9 and it still hasn't come(3 now)

y6pfP.gif

Yeah, I agree dlc colors are in a way more offensive, but people have more of a problem with characters BECAUSE it is substantial content while the cosmetic things are easy to ignore.

Why is the default button layout square-aligned (on a stick) rather than like BBs? Is that more natural to use for some reason?

Because that way the attacks line up. Normals are together, Persona attacks are together, weaks are together, and strongs are together. Also I assume the two button commands work better that way.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My first impression so far: I really, really like the game system in a way that Guilty Gear nor BlazBlue quite clicked with me. Sure, it is derivative of them, but the specific way things are put together and how the system branches strategically may be just what I've been looking for, for a long time...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
i've been up since 9 and it still hasn't come(3 now)

y6pfP.gif

Don't you love it when it says "Out for Delivery - 7 AM" and the location's like 15 min away from you, but the delivery estimate is "by 8 PM" or some other end of day time.

If I wasn't at work the wait would be maddening.

Don't you love it when it says "Out for Delivery - 7 AM" and the location's like 15 min away from you, but the delivery estimate is "by 8 PM" or some other end of day time.

If I wasn't at work the wait would be maddening.

Exact situation I'm in, minus the work part since I'm off for a week or so. I'm going nuts here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
small spoiler
i love that Yu says he'd hang out with the Fox. Not go see the Fox. Not go see the shrine and what missions the Fox has. HE WAS GOING TO KICK IT WITH FOX

Deitus

Anyone have buyer's remorse yet? :D

You sure do seem to want people to have buyer's remorse over this. Not trying to get on your case, but you seem to ask about it a lot.

My Newegg order came!!!!

(^_^)

Aww man, according to UPS package tracking, mine is not set to arrive until sometime tomorrow. I'm still holding out hope that it will already be there when I get home from work though, even though it sounds highly unlikely at this point.

Top Bottom