• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

Story mode concerns:

wtf, i just got credits after that? WHO THE FUCK THREW HER IN THE TV? someone please tell me there's more unlockable story or something. i need resolution up in this mother fucker.

There's a true ending for every character. You should see all Gold Medals next to each character's portrait if you cleared everything, true ending wise.

Check your PMs for a more detailed explanation.

cj_iwakura

Just had my first match ever.

Naoto. D: Got bodied in the third round, first two were clutch.

Online was just fine, bit of lag in the third round though.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, delivery guy dropped off package at my door who knows when and didn't ring the bell. Going to spend some time in the lab with aigis and I'll be up for some matches later tonight if anyone west coast wants to play.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah...I don't think I can do this. I absolutely should not have bought this. I just can't get into fighters anymore. Over the last year I've bought and played so many of them, and none of them have clicked for me, and I was stupid to think this time would be any different. The buyer's remorse is just too much this time. Would anyone be interested in taking my PS3 copy off my hands? Got the soundtrack CD too.

Shito

mayonakamidnight.com seems to be the go-to place, even moreso than dustloop.

The FinestKO tournament thing's last match was reaaally hype: great Labrys play!

Ken

mayonakamidnight.com seems to be the go-to place, even moreso than dustloop.

The FinestKO tournament thing's last match was reaaally hype: great Labrys play!

Regular Labrys? Any videos of it? I'm interested in watching it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm starting to wonder if Tomat enjoys anything now, given his/her responses in this thread. :p

Also, Aigis (EN) vs Aigis (JP) with Aigis as the commentator. Surreal. Luckily, Aigis won. >_>

It's true. I'm know for not playing video games and generally hating fun around DOTA2GAF.

B00TE

Was having trouble fighting narukami with Kanji, but it really helps to build a life lead early and counter his dive and slide into throws. If awakened, it's a free grab super. God damn I love playing Kanji so much.

Mesoian

Oh fuck, yeah the 360 netcode is DEFINITELY broken. If this isn't fixed by friday, I'm returning it and exchanging it for the PS3 version.

They told me it would be bad, I didn't think it would be THIS bad...

Shito

Regular Labrys? Any videos of it? I'm interested in watching it.
Regular Labrys, yes. Winning against a very competent Yu.
You can check here in case they archive the stream, but I wouldn't bet they do -- try and lurk mayonakamidnight, in case someone uploads the last matches of the tournament on youtube.

Sophia

How many of the people here are going to buy it though?

I was honestly thinking about getting the glasses pack, but I'm morally conflicted.

I'd totally buy the glasses pack if Aigis had a pair of standard glasses in it, and not her visor. Does she? :O

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Morally conflicted over completely optional content that is aesthetic?

Are you completely sure that's a moral issue?

Might not be the right world for it, but paying $6 for ~50 pixels or so for each character (the glasses) doesn't really seem like a good thing. I'm sure no more than an hours worth of work went into making them.

Shito

Two Naotos(!?)
Naotos are on the rise... She can easily develop a very nasty and annoying zoning play (especially when playing with lag from Yurop), so I understand why people would try her for "easy wins".
Always make sure you count her bullets and only approach her when she needs to reload! "Competent" Naotos change the rythm of their shots to mess with you.

Mesoian

Naotos are on the rise... She can easily develop a very nasty and annoying zoning play (especially when playing with lag from Yurop), so I understand why people would try her for "easy wins".
Always make sure you count her bullets and only approach her when she needs to reload! "Competent" Naotos change the rythm of their shots to mess with you.

Yeah, I'm fighting more and more Naoto's now on 360. It's the way to go since the netcode is so muddy.

TWILT

Banned
IFC Yipes apparently is going to pick this game up.

xXXUR.gif

Curufinwe

Might not be the right world for it, but paying $6 for ~50 pixels or so for each character (the glasses) doesn't really seem like a good thing. I'm sure no more than an hours worth of work went into making them.

I paid $10 for FES on the PS3 even though I knew I wouldn't play it more than 10 hours, but I'm not gonna donate money to Atlus for this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Finally got my copy. Still intending to main Akihiko, but his pace is so janky. I'm thinking about picking up Chie and working my way back to him.

TWILT

Banned
Welp, just played my first match online. I immediately face a S ranked player who uses Kanji. I get absolutely wrecked. :| Connection quality seemed pretty good though.

Back to training...

Quadratic

Holy Shit this game is so good!

I'm playing story and arcade mode. It's the HD persona I've wanted this gen. Have even touched the online yet.

njean777

playing since this afternoon and I have had pretty much all Kanjis, some Yukiko's, and the rare Youskae. I have been playing as Labrys

I'm a little confused with the game being region locked and all so here's my query.I own a NTSC-J PS3 and was wondering whether Region 3 will work or not? :/

kiun

Oh fuck, yeah the 360 netcode is DEFINITELY broken. If this isn't fixed by friday, I'm returning it and exchanging it for the PS3 version.

They told me it would be bad, I didn't think it would be THIS bad...

I usually get my fighters on xbox360, but this time I went PS3... so how bad is it ?

Top Bottom