• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Hmm... Mitsuru has a lot of ways around the weaknesses I thought she'd have. She has a ton of awesome movement options for masking charge and creating throw mixups. Can everybody fake sweeps?

The combos in this game feel really tight.

Gonna be in Training for awhile before anything comes of that, probably.

Being Elizabeth is suffering.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can you guys help me find a main? In GG my main is Jam and even though I never owned BB, I played Tao or Noel most of the time. I'm basically looking for a newbie-friendly character that is on the faster side and has plenty or canceleable/chainable combos. Any suggestions?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can you guys help me find a main? In GG my main is Jam and even though I never owned BB, I played Tao or Noel most of the time. I'm basically looking for a newbie-friendly character that is on the faster side and has plenty or canceleable/chainable combos. Any suggestions?

Chie is jam's cousin

vocab

Chie or Yosuke

krazen

Okay so I started story mode, and there is this weird sort of black bar across the bottom that is barely visible. It almost looks like it has white lettering in it. Is this something I'm supposed to be seeing and the picture isnt fitting, or is this some sort of bug that im not supposed to be seeing at all?

yeah, same with me...Im guessing it uses the FULL screen...apparently even most 1080p games leave a bit off the corners just in case the television isn't manufactured for the full screen to show (aka, the bezel, stand, etc)

Infinite

Hmm... Mitsuru has a lot of ways around the weaknesses I thought she'd have. She has a ton of awesome movement options for masking charge and creating throw mixups. Can everybody fake sweeps?

She's the only one that can fake a sweep. It also moves her forward...

Wow, I really dislike that auto-combo system

Why?

It's pretty useful even if you do manual combo's since the third autocombo attack gives you extra meter. Good for building early on.

I rarely use the entire autocombo with super attached. With Yosuke I'm learning different ways to use parts of the auto combo and end it with different things to mess with people.

Hex

Banned
So far I've run into:

Two Naotos(!?)
A Narukami
Two Akihikos

I have had a Naoto, another Elizabeth, One Mitsuro, one Shadow Labrys and a couple of Yukikos.
The same things that I have to work on in other games are affecting me here too, basic movements from both sides (hops, double fireballs, dashes).
Definitely need more time in the practice lab, but all and all loving it.
I think I am at either 4/3 or 3/3 right now.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh Aigis' combos that require orgia switch mid-combo are kind of tough. Going to practice a few blockstrings and jump into online.

She's the only one that can fake a sweep. It also moves her forward...

YESSS.... YESSS...

How do you fake sweep?

Holding down the buttons. Basically turns it into short Ducking. SO godlike. Also means that Mitsuru can control her distance in blockstrings while holding charge. Tap A to move forward slightly, fake sweep to move forward a lot, B/universal overhead to move backwards.

K.Sabot

Woooah

I can reset training mode into a corner by holding over and hitting select.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Infinite

YESSS.... YESSS...

Holding down the buttons. Basically turns it into short Ducking. SO godlike. Also means that Mitsuru can control her distance in blockstrings while holding charge. Tap A to move forward slightly, fake sweep to move forward a lot, B/universal overhead to move backwards.

She can hold a charge while rolling and short hopping as well.

Beats

I'm having a pretty hard time pulling off supers after combos in this fast enough with Yukiko. I'm trying to apply Agi > Agidyne in a combo, but the amount of time to connect them seems pretty short.

That's . . . not really a combo.

Anyone wanna play? >.>

I'll play if you haven't found anyone yet. I think I have you already. PSN: Beats00

Noi

I've been on this game all day, but I still can't nail down a particular character to use. It's a complete 180 from BlazBlue, where I settled down and loved the Murakumo playstyle from day one.

Doesn't help that I'm still not 100% used to the controls. I think I'll take Infinite's advice and switch to the BB layout for a while.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fuck Chie.

Just beat my first one online. Ranked is gonna suck so much.

I havent had issues vs any character yet really. Then again if you know how to block with the minion shadow lab is pretty well rounded outside of having a good reversal.

I've been on this game all day, but I still can't nail down a particular character to use. It's a complete 180 from BlazBlue, where I settled down and loved the Murakumo playstyle from day one.

Doesn't help that I'm still not 100% used to the controls. I think I'll take Infinite's advice and switch to the BB layout for a while.
Try Yukiko or Liz

Adr1an

Finished the story mode for all characters, Still not sure why i have 98% though.

So far my favourite characters are Chie, Yosuke, Akihiko and Yu.

Sophia

Finished the story mode for all characters, Still not sure why i have 98% though.

So far my favourite characters are Chie, Yosuke, Akihiko and Yu.

98% = You missed a gag ending somewhere. Sadly, the game doesn't say which one, although you may be able to guess from the gallery.

Onemic

I'm in the same situation. Mitsuru or Yu

I'd like to play Akihiko, but he seems like an advanced character judging from his challenges which were pretty hard. (only got to 18)

Was in a ranked match against a Yukiko. Used Brosuke's instant kill half a second before hers and got the hit.

So satisfying.

I'm not really messing with Sukukaja at the moment. Since you basically become a new character in that mode.

Top Bottom