• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Ugh, the damn thing took so long in customs that there's no way I can get it today even if I try to go to the post office for it myself D:

Might not be the right world for it, but paying $6 for ~50 pixels or so for each character (the glasses) doesn't really seem like a good thing. I'm sure no more than an hours worth of work went into making them.

Honestly, what makes it worse is that they've been available in the arcade version since the very beginning. Hell, the arcade players had to "buy" the other navigators while we can just unlock them, not sure why glasses aren't the same :/

...Still I'm an idiot that bought them already because Elizabeth with glasses is too much for me to resist.

Put me down on the PSN list: A_MagicToaster

Also, feel free to add me for casual matches and stuff. I'm not like a super hardcore fighting fan, but I appreciate a good fighter and play casually.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Does the US version have a reversible cover? I hate Canadian bilingual packaging.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Oh fuck, yeah the 360 netcode is DEFINITELY broken. If this isn't fixed by friday, I'm returning it and exchanging it for the PS3 version.

They told me it would be bad, I didn't think it would be THIS bad...

Am I going to be the only 360 player left by the end of the week?

Astral

Does anyone know how the FUCK you do a max All-Out Rush? I'm stuck in Yu's 28th challenge because of this crap. Do I just hit buttons really really fast?

RS4-

Someone straight up list all the ways to avoid each character's instant kill moves.

I think you can block/wait out all of them except for uhh Labs. Her's is a grab.

Or maybe it was someone else. But one of them is definitely a grab.

I think you can block/wait out all of them except for uhh Labs. Her's is a grab.

Or maybe it was someone else. But one of them is definitely a grab.

slab is a grab i believe.
akihiko you have to avoid touching the globe at all cost, you die otherwise block or not.
Naoto is something to do with the reticle.
Yukiko is a straight attack from her persona, just block.

You know what's fun? Playing against Misturu on 360 and all you see are people trying to abuse AAAAAAA.

Stop it.

unfortunately for you, mitsuru autocombo isn't exactly a bad punisher. Also its a solid block string which you can space 4B and bait out attacks and get a FC.

Nevermind, I figured it out. You have to tap both A and B really fast.

pI0zG.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You know what's fun? Playing against Misturu on 360 and all you see are people trying to abuse AAAAAAA.

Stop it.

c.AAA. :p

It actually seems pretty solid. I just started using Mitsuru and have no idea what I'm doing, but being able to cancel the string seems really good right now. There's not much more that can be done in the lag. :(

You know what? I'm seriously thinking about switching to pad to try and learn this game. I think I'm more coordinated doing all these consecutive button presses on a pad than I am on a stick right now. If that works out for me then I can go back to stick once I'm comfortable with the controls.

Is anybody else struggling like me right now just to grasp the controls? I am constantly pressing the wrong buttons or losing track of what I'm suppose to press next mid combo instead of just....you know, dropping my combo because I mistimed it.

Infinite

You know what? I'm seriously thinking about switch to pad to try and learn this game. I think I'm more coordinated doing all these consecutive button presses on a pad than I am on a stick right now. If that works out for me then I can go back to stick once I'm comfortable with the controls.

Is anybody else struggling like me right now just to grasp the controls? I am constantly pressing the wrong buttons all the time or losing track of what I'm suppose to press next mid combo instead of just....you know, dropping my combo because I mistimed it.

I immediately changed my button lay out to the BlazBlue layout as soon as I got the game. Works better for me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You know what? I'm seriously thinking about switch to pad to try and learn this game. I think I'm more coordinated doing all these consecutive button presses on a pad than I am on a stick right now. If that works out for me then I can go back to stick once I'm comfortable with the controls.

Is anybody else struggling like me right now just to grasp the controls? I am constantly pressing the wrong buttons all the time or losing track of what I'm suppose to press next mid combo instead of just....you know, dropping my combo because I mistimed it.

I'm a pad player, but I face the same problem because the game's control scheme is unlike any other fighting game. I keep hitting the wrong button because my mind associates the next chainable or "Hard" attack in a different place from where it is on P4A's default. I keep thinking of Marvel or BlazBlue and it screws me up.

Mesoian

Man, I am shocked that they let this game ship the way it is on the 360. I don't think I've ever seen netcode this bad before. This makes KOF look amazing.

I immediately changed my button lay out to the BlazBlue layout as soon as I got the game. Works better for me.

I thought about doing that, but I'm trying to do the trials right now and they're not going to do you any favors if you remap the buttons. So you have to figure out what the new order of button presses are if you want to finish the trials.

Oh hell, should I just ignore that and do training mode instead?

Infinite

I thought about doing that, but I'm trying to do the trials right now and they're not going to do you any favors if you remap the buttons. So you have to figure out what the new order of button presses are if you want to finish the trials.

Oh hell, should I just ignore that and do training mode instead?

Yeah I guess. I kinda figure out commands based on the colors of the buttons they used.

Okay so I started story mode, and there is this weird sort of black bar across the bottom that is barely visible. It almost looks like it has white lettering in it. Is this something I'm supposed to be seeing and the picture isnt fitting, or is this some sort of bug that im not supposed to be seeing at all?

vocab

Hardest thing about naoto is canceling the gun after all the bullets are done. All her stuff feels really great, and her persona flows really well in the air.

I need to make more progress with akihiko. Does anyone know the conditions on how to get the full hit on his super? Sometimes it does all hits, other times it does 2-3.

zethren

Banned
Was playing all day with a friend. Really enjoyed it. Only played with Labrys. When I play fighting games I stick to one character and aim to know them inside and out, and she was reminding me a little bit of Ragna from BB when I saw her fight, so she's who I chose.

I'll pick up the ps3 version a little bit later on down the road.

I'm loving this game. I apologize to the person I faced earlier with the Kanji, but I didn't have much time with the game and I was getting owned so I decided to leave. It'll be a while before I'm a challenge though. :p

Decided to focus on Yu and Yukiko, but I still love Elizabeth. I think it's just best to focus on two characters for now though...

Top Bottom