• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Try Chie or Yosuke.

I have a MadCatz fightpad for the 360, but everyone playing on the PS3 + I don't want to pay for Live means I got it for PS3 instead. I'm almost starting to think that was a mistake. Oh well.

It's the same for everyone I think. The indicator seems misleading.

The problem is that people have it set on fast connections only and that is judged by the fucking indicator.

Um, guys?

I'm playing my friend in a lobby right now and we're on a stage where there's Noel and Ragna standing still in a background, looking all black and white. What the fuck is this shit? Pictures in a sec...

IMG_0044.jpg

Fucking spectacular

While I'm still all about the Snow Black, I am actually really really really digging the way Aigis plays. She seemed like so much fun in the short time I tried trials with her. Guess I'm gonna be rocking the Heartless Angel alt in the future.

I kinda don't dig any other play styles so far

Yu- Meh and boring for me
Chie- I can't forgive the transgressions from the Chie army towards Yukiko to give her a chance
Yosuke- Like the "slow" cousin of Chipp
Mitsuru- Swag off the charts, maybe i'll like her playstyle more in the future
Akihiko- There is only 1 Squirrel Girl, and Akihiko is not it
Elizabeth- I want to like her, but everything about her playstyle bored me
Kanji- One of my favorite Persona characters ever, fucking lame and dumb playstyle
Naoto- Could be super cool with some lab work.... Not willing to put the lab work in
Teddy- See Yu

and.....

Aigis- So cool and so much swag potential in the combos. Has me drooling and wanting to play FES again to include her in more of my Tartarus explorations
Yukiko- We getting in that ass. I love fire breaking and boosting. Feel like she has alot of untapped potential and needs me to show the world her true power!

Like the game alot so far and maybe I'll warm up to the rest of the cast's playstyle over time!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The problem is that people have it set on fast connections only and that is judged by the fucking indicator.

Even if you don't set anything Ranked match will attempt to find ANY match to get you into a match. The two matches I had 1 was from Japan (so okay, I could understand the 0 bar, lag round loss) and the other was in America (0 bars, weird. Maybe my connection which has been ass these past six months... still lost due to lag), so...

Onemic

Well, ggs to the players in the room I was playing in, but it really felt like I was just blatantly wasting your guys' time.

You beat me the first game and parttimewarrior lost the game after you left. We're all newbies man, I need to practice my combos, which you refused to let me do lol.

Looks like Mitsu's 5D combo that I've been practicing is completely worthless in matches as people are always jumping all over the place and it doesn't work against airborne characters. that and its really hard to get 5D off safely without her persona being in danger as it stays out for so damn long on block and whiff. If anyone has tips on how to use Mitsu's 5D well it would be really appreciated. Hell, all of Mitsu's persona attacks as I really never use them since I don't know when they're most appropriate. Most of the time my persona just gets hit when I use an attack.

Thanks Onem1c, I gotta hit the hay in a few but I want to fight your Mitsuru more and learn how to avoid that corner pressure lol

ggs man. That Kanji of yours really pissed the hell outta me with that dive grab. Didn't try blocking it low as that's what people are saying beats it.

Teknoman

Lots of people are. It's perfectly playable with a pad, although if you're like me, the DS3's atrocious D-Pad will probably hurt your hand after awhile.

Now the 360 on the other hand.... ugh, hope you got a fightpad or a hori pad or stick or something. ._.

Nah have a stick for that. Its just...i've got a thing about keeping certain franchises to their "origin" systems if that makes any sense lol. I'm good with the dual shock d-pad though.

Try Chie or Yosuke.
Yeah, I'm thinking about trying Chie some time tomorrow. I need more practice in inputting Naoto's combos correctly online.

This might be impossible, but doesn't anyone know as decent stick around $50-$90? With this game and DOA5 next month, I think it's about time I pick one up.

Venfayth

Spent all day in story mode, occasionally hopping out to do some trials or practice combos on the characters I'm interested in (Yu, Elizabeth)

I'm at 43% completion of story mode.

To say I like the story is an understatement. Seeing my favorite P3 and P4 characters interact is so COOOOOOL. Completely nerding out over this game.

Labrys' story is fucking sad. Gut wrenching to go through her story mode. I'm really happy with the ending they gave her in the Aigis track though.

I'm probably going to have to replay P3 before I get my copy of P4G. I wonder if they will expand on the story with DLC or if all the major plot points that are still open will be resolved in P5.

OceanBlue

So when online 360 doesn't lag, it moves faster than offline matches would.

If the game is having problems running at the correct speed, it would explain the comment made by that Atlus guy during the Cross Counter tournament that the issue isn't about lag.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If the game is having problems running at the correct speed, it would explain the comment made by that Atlus guy during the Cross Counter tournament that the issue isn't about lag.

Hope they fix it soon, wouldn't want anyone to have buyer's remorse.

A mashing is the new wake up DP

If you have Yu....you can do both.

but I'ma scrub and it seems pretty easy to stop most of the time.

Of course you have to be careful with characters with overheads in their a spam...that can be tricky.

But it's all about figuring out when to punish them...or using your burst and getting in dat ass.

So when online 360 doesn't lag, it moves faster than offline matches would.

So does this problem exist only when playing online?

If it's not lag can a patch fix this?

What's up with fighters this gen and the 360?

Arde5643

I have to say, out of all the "animay" fighters, this one's probably the only one I really enjoy watching.

Been trying to get into Melty Blood, GG, BB, skullgirls, but this one actually is the one that's actually interesting to both play and watch.

Good show, Arcsys - good work.

Clipse

So I finished Story Mode with all characters, but my progress is at 99%. Checked the Gallery and I have no missing endings. Also got the achievement saying I've seen all endings. Anyone know what I might be missing?

Cheska

This game. THIS GAME <3! What a freakin' blast I'm having so far, basically going through as many challenges as I can with each character but I'm getting suck at Challenge 14 for like every one lol.

EDIT: Except for Teddie, got to 15 woohoo!

Steaks

Um, guys?

I'm playing my friend in a lobby right now and we're on a stage where there's Noel and Ragna standing still in a background, looking all black and white. What the fuck is this shit? Pictures in a sec...

IMG_0044.jpg

This is a "stage" in Blazblue as well.

Chavelo

Went through a big chunk of the story mode today. Six hours of pretty much just reading and mashing dat A :lol.
'
Also, why did I start cutting onions while doing Labrys' story? ;_;

Top Bottom