• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

LProtag

For some reason I can't combo from jumping attacks, it's throwing me off.

Like Yu's challenge 15, I just can't start it but I can get the rest of it easy.

Sophia

Hell yeah! Usually my secondaries to my main Noel.

Originally, before I played I just knew it was going to be Chie as my main but I've been taking a shine to other characters, particularly Yukiko, Elizabeth, and Aigis.

We must have an Aigis vs Aigis duel! (ideally with Aigis as the commentator and round call.) >_>

zlatko

Banned

Like Yu's challenge 15, I just can't start it but I can get the rest of it easy.

Is that the one where it wants his short range stand jab once you land? If so time the jump attack to hit late, or pause and let it demonstrate it for you to see how the computer does it.

It's basically you hit it at the latest part of the jump so you are on the ground the second it hit from the air to follow up quickly, but you need to be close since his 5A is super short range.

Noi

For that challenge, try to land the j.B as close to the ground as you can. Just try landing the j.B over and over until you can reliably follow it up with an auto combo, then change that into the proper 5C > 2C > 236236C

Start with a short hop.

This also helps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's your PSN?

Not gonna matter since I'm leaving for work and will be home probably by the time most people doing something else. And not like it's going to make me improve because as soon as I see fan spam, I just stop blocking and let the round be won by them. Fuck sitting there eating fans for the rest of the match because getting in is damn near impossible. :/

Solune

Pushed to 3753:
Sweep xx Coup Droit B, 2A 2B xx Aegis Reflector C, All Out Attack, Launch upwards, Getsu-ei

Better wakeup version:
Sweep xx Coup Droit B, 2A 2B xx Aegis Reflector C, B xx Sweep xx Coup Droit B, 2A xx Marin Karin
3708 damage

Can you jC twice after the Launch in the first combo?

Can you jC twice after the Launch in the first combo?

I wasn't able to get it once, too slow. I wasn't doing the counter version, though. I'm not very good at all out attack timing yet, but at that point there's only one juggle point left and they tech instantly. Regardless, the grounded versions are better, don't want people teching out of the corner. If you tack on an ice super to the last coup droit, it's over 4500 damage, which is 50%+ on a lot of characters and you get a free mixup. You pretty much put them at death's door if you get a marin karin off with a high/low at that point.

B00TE

*package with the game is finally home*

*stuck away from home until 7*

*cries*

Plenty of time to get hype! 8D

My hand is still all stiffened up. Damn this pad. And damn this game for being addicting. Still, gonna take a break. More group matches tonight, though we'll be online a bit more today if anyone wants to play. Characters that will be played are Kanji/Yu/Naoto/Yosuke and Teddie. :D

LProtag

Is that the one where it wants his short range stand jab once you land? If so time the jump attack to hit late, or pause and let it demonstrate it for you to see how the computer does it.

It's basically you hit it at the latest part of the jump so you are on the ground the second it hit from the air to follow up quickly, but you need to be close since his 5A is super short range.

Got it, but only once, can't replicate it, haha.

Oh well.

Teknoman

Not gonna matter since I'm leaving for work and will be home probably by the time most people doing something else. And not like it's going to make me improve because as soon as I see fan spam, I just stop blocking and let the round be won by them. Fuck sitting there eating fans for the rest of the match because getting in is damn near impossible. :/

Im guessing you play Aki looking at your avatar, but have you tried Dodge Strike countering? I'm not sure how many times you can do that in succession though. Also can his duck dodge/weave avoid projectiles?

Onemic

Try me.

Im guessing you play Aki looking at your avatar, but have you tried Dodge Strike countering? I'm not sure how many times you can do that in succession though. Also can his duck dodge/weave avoid projectiles?

Yes, I believe so.

I've never played Persona 4 before, but I'm really interested in playing this game. I might head to best buy later today and see if I can pick up a copy. Unfortunately, I have no internet at the house at this time so I can't play with you guys. I hope to change that soon.

Sophia

A version of his duck can follow up attack easily, and the SB verison can be crossed up too. It's very versatile and key to playing as Akihiko.

Esura

Banned
We must have an Aigis vs Aigis duel! (ideally with Aigis as the commentator and round call.) >_>

Sure. How about this Thursday?

This button configuration is taking me longer to grasp than I realized. Some of Aigis' later Orgia Mode combos is throwing me off. They remind me of some of Noel's combos so I'm doing it like I do Noel's, sigh.

EDIT: I want to play Seks now with my Yukiko.

The way ranked matches are set up is too awesome. Would love this for public matches. Just pick a character and go.

Have gone full swing into Kanji mode, it's hard to play anyone else right now. Chie and Akihiko are taking a backseat for now. But man, getting in on some people. It's an awesome challenge. :D

But once you're innn HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

to be completely fair Yukiko in particular should DESTROY akhikio and kanji if she doesn't make mistakes, but its not because of the fans...though they do play a role slightly

any gaffer (that isn't q QQ) wanna play a few sets. Yes I main yukiko for now (first time zoner yo)

Noi

In hindsight, I was pretty stubborn about using Yukiko cause I don't like her character that much, but she's a nice transition for me from BlazBlue. Character with great zoning tools and skills, but pretty terrible normals to work around.

Yeesh, I've yet to touch the story mode in the game, and that's the biggest reason why I bought it.

to be completely fair Yukiko in particular should DESTROY akhikio and kanji if she doesn't make mistakes, but its not because of the fans...though they do play a role slightly

any gaffer (that isn't q QQ) wanna play a few sets. Yes I main yukiko for now (first time zoner yo)

I have 30 spare minutes if you're game.

Sophia

Sure. How about this Thursday?

This button configuration is taking me longer to grasp than I realized. Some of Aigis' later Orgia Mode combos is throwing me off. They remind me of some of Noel's combos so I'm doing it like I do Noel's, sigh.

EDIT: I want to play Seks now with my Yukiko.

I can play pretty much whenever I'm not sleeping, doing work, or at the gym. :p

Akibared

Damn can't figure out who I want to play I tried out naoto but I don't think I'm playing her right at all. Still I am having fun with the game and got a bunch of offline play with my buddies last night.

Got my first hatemail from an Akihiko player who couldn't figure out that I was blowing him back with Dia every time he charged me. My reply to him was something along the lines of "You just lost to a guy who's 0-7 and who only had one move. Maybe you're the one who needs to lrn2play."

Noob question: What does BnB mean? I see it used a lot in this thread. Also, what does xx mean? I see it used a lot in combo notation.

I need to do some testing, but I think you can time an Aegis D while the opponent is in the ice block so that they 50/50 themselves into another block by mashing left/right to escape. Hard core trolling.

Sophia

I need to do some testing, but I think you can time an Aegis D while the opponent is in the ice block so that they 50/50 themselves into another block by mashing left/right to escape. Hard core trolling.

I need to make better use of Aigis's D ability. I'm so focused on trying to manage Orgia mode that I often give up defense and her Persona use in non-Origa mode. ><;

B00TE

Nope, you only have to clear (normal ending, gag endings don't count) one in each set to open up the next set of story modes.

Ahhh I see. :O

Love hearing the dorm theme and your affection on the main menu, still gets me everytime. Just gotta stop and listen for a bit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You mean 214C/D? Because I haven't found a use for that. 214A/B is a counter-hit but the counter-hit seems to fail at hitting people for me. So I just stick to auto-combo and 236A/B mix-ups with throws and 6C attacks to bounce them.

If you're on at 10PM EST and I'm not keeled over dead from work, remind me.

You mean 214C/D? Because I haven't found a use for that. 214A/B is a counter-hit but the counter-hit seems to fail at hitting people for me. So I just stick to auto-combo and 236A/B mix-ups with throws and 6C attacks to bounce them.

do you want to play against me ? I play yukiko but im a scrub (ask q). We can play sets if you want.

LProtag

I'd like to play some people here sometime.

Please forgive how my game will devolve into frantic mashing at random points.

Top Bottom