• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Shouta

Man, it's a shame not as many folks are using 214 C/D in Ken combos as most are pretty similar or maybe better damage and a lot more swag looking, lol.

I didn't find a reason to use EXs with Ken until last night too. I found out the EX versions of Koro's moves have actual benefits. With his 236 EX, it leaves Koro in front of the opponent instead of making Koro jump back when it's blocked while the 214 EX comes out a bit faster and has an arc that makes it hit folks both on the ground and in the air unless they super jump it. Using both can really help in forcing your opponent to do something instead of Ken having to do AOA or throw them (or helping to do those against opponents).

Anne

I hate that DP so so much. Also that matchup looks like it sucks for Naoto. Graviton weakening Naoto's zoning really hurts. Same goes for having a hard time stopping j.C with Naoto.

Nah, you see a lot of times where Naoto challenges her. Marie has issues keeping up with output at the moment too. All about that screen pollution.

Bury

Neo Member
For anyone who's having trouble with facing minazuki, and sho to some extent I highly recommend you read this http://pastebin.com/n6GKF8p7 I did and once put into practice it made my life much easier. Heck you'll probably be interested in the title alone

Rhapsody

Banned
For the matchups where Adachi is allowed to do Ziodyne, it's so dumb lol. Such an easy way to push them into the corner.

Also after getting used to combos and playing more with neutral, a lot about Adachi is just really solid.
Things like 5AA 236A into command grab is a fun tick throw. Gunshots are great and makes me feel like Eltnum.

Midscreen j.2D is a fun gimmick. Only because they'll block it and break the persona, but I'll CH them with SB gunshot and go for a combo.

I tried implementing 2C resets. Still just a gimmick and not as useful as Liz's. I really need to start optimizing 2B CH combos more. Lots of damage I'm missing out on just because I'm going into j.2C right away.

I can't wait to see how this character turns out in the long run. I think he's really good.

PK Gaming

Bxbo-iHCEAESRlw.jpg

Dude makes a hella persuasive argument

Oberon

Banned
So a quick question to those that have tried Kanji. How is he compared to P4A?
Is a crouching Yukiko still his kryptonite?
Do his commandgrabs still feel satisfying?
STAB HIM!

Rhapsody

Banned
Flux, or any Adachi players for that matter, what's the best combo Adachi can get off of with corner j.B starter and 50 SP?

I'm getting 4039-4296 at best (depending on if I had more buttons to hit confirm. I want to see if I should tweak it a bit more. 4.4k to 4.6 with j.C starter. Wondering if I can break 5k with that.

Edit: Messing around with CH gunshots more. Corner 214A CH starter into 50 SP combo is around 3.7k at the moment for me. You can convert off of 214AB max range on a cornered opponent and still get a Heat Riser combo as well. I'm glad ASW added so much recovery on 214B. Converting off of CH would've been really dumb.

I guess the damage is sort of low, but I'm still trying to see what I can convert off of just to get buffs.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ah, no worries.

After confirming to B Heat Riser, I usually do the usual 2C > j.C > 5B > 5C > j.2C > j.2D
Depending on the starter and buttons before Heat Riser, sometimes j.2D in that won't work. So 5B > 2B > j.2C > j.2D is used instead.

I must say, most of my enjoyment out of him due to the actual character instead of gameplay, haha.

GGs

I'm guessing maybe that was a connection error? Still, I was about to leave after one more match anyways so it doesn't matter much.

FluxWaveZ

GGs

I'm guessing maybe that was a connection error? Still, I was about to leave after one more match anyways so it doesn't matter much.

Yeah, seems that was a connection error. It's been happening fairly frequently after the latest PSN patch, it seems. I was also going to be leaving soon, so it's cool. GGs.

Edit: Heh, my record in a Lobby so far:

DedValve

Banned
Hey guys I had a question since the US release is so near.

Does the cast gain extra palette swaps? Also if you buy the palete swaps from the first game do they carry over to Ultimax?

FluxWaveZ

Hey guys I had a question since the US release is so near.

Does the cast gain extra palette swaps? Also if you buy the palete swaps from the first game do they carry over to Ultimax?

Yeah, from the OP:
P4A DLC can be transferred over to P4AU for free.
This includes the alternate colors, though I haven't heard a concrete word on this past the launch day developer interview. The total number of alternate colors per character now is something like 21-23.

Mdesilva

Yeah, from the OP:

This includes the alternate colors, though I haven't heard a concrete word on this past the launch day developer interview. The total number of alternate colors per character now is something like 21-23.
But the alternate colors from P4A are all already free in P4AU, so it doesn't change anything.

FluxWaveZ

But the alternate colors from P4A are all already free in P4AU, so it doesn't change anything.

Oh right, I guess that's the case, though I'm really not up on the alt. color information. Does this include P4A's Famitsu DLC colors?

Situation's kind of convoluted. There are extra DLC Velvet Room colors for a bunch of characters, which will probably be released as separate DLC for the NA release. Then there are the Famitsu colors we won't be getting.

Mdesilva

Oh right, I guess that's the case, though I'm really not up on the alt. color information. Does this include P4A's Famitsu DLC colors?
Yep.

Situation's kind of convoluted. There are extra DLC Velvet Room colors for a bunch of characters, which will probably be released as separate DLC for the NA release. Then there are the Famitsu colors we won't be getting.
Nah, everything's the same, we just probably won't be getting new magazine colors.

FluxWaveZ

Nah, everything's the same, we just probably won't be getting new magazine colors.

Right, but I mean these alternate color packs for 200 JPY each that we'll also probably be getting as separate DLC.

We'll also probably get the glasses for the new characters as separate DLC, as well.

I meant the same as Japan, so I was agreeing about that part.

Ah, gotcha.

At least, we should. There's a bunch of stuff like all of the separate BGM, the glasses, the alt colors, the navigators, Episode P4A, the lobby avatars (including the Persona magazine exclusive one), the announcers, boss character unlock, all titles unlock, all icons unlock... Man.

But they added the 8-bit I'll Face Myself. You're forgiven, Arc Sys/Atlus.

The question is, though, did they finally add the ability to choose I'll Face Myself in versus? This was literally my only grievance with the first game.

I'm a Naoto main, and this video makes it look like she pretty much hasn't changed since the first game except that she might not be made of paper anymore (though, the two variables here I'm wondering about is what effect Shadow has on her performance and what Marie's damage output is).

hao chi

The question is, though, did they finally add the ability to choose I'll Face Myself in versus? This was literally my only grievance with the first game.

I'm a Naoto main, and this video makes it look like she pretty much hasn't changed since the first game except that she might not be made of paper anymore (though, the two variables here I'm wondering about is what effect Shadow has on her performance and what Marie's damage output is).

The Naoto main I play with seems to hate her changes. I don't know what all they changed, but besides the obvious one of SMP loops being gone, they added the cooldown timer to her gun after she uses all her bullets, and I remember hearing something about no longer being able to dash cancel after dropping a trap, or something like that.

The last point is probably wrong, but sounds like she's changed quite a bit from P4A.

And I'll Face Myself is in.

Shouta

Man, it's really frustrating trying to land Ken's 2b on Flux's Adachi in 1 bar,

dat cross country play, lol

FluxWaveZ

Man, it's really frustrating trying to land Ken's 2b on Flux's Adachi in 1 bar,

dat cross country play, lol

Oh, I'm playing you right now? Haha, I see. Yeah, the 1 bar is unfortunate, though I'm finding it tolerable, perhaps because I'm more used to netplay than anything.

Top Bottom