• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
New DLC available today:

Character:
Adachi - 800 yen

BGM:
【ペルソナ発動】 - ペルソナ発動 - Free
【P3Fパック】- P3 fes, Brand New Days, 闇 - 200 yen
【P4Uアレンジパック1】- Remix of The Ultimate, The Junes Hero, Like the Dragon - 200 yen

Maybe Wiping All Out is going to be one of their future music DLC?

No Marie yet? Damn.

Zalman

I haven't played Arena before, so could someone tell me about the music options in this game? Which tracks are in this game and when do they play? And is it possible to choose which song plays on certain stages?

Pics_nao

Holy shit Adachi is not my type of character but at least I feel much better with Minazuki and with playing in neutral with him. I still feel that his persona attacks are awful though

Maebe

Too perfect

alvnrv.jpg

Mdesilva

I haven't played Arena before, so could someone tell me about the music options in this game? Which tracks are in this game and when do they play? And is it possible to choose which song plays on certain stages?
Each character has their own theme song, as well as a couple other original songs (that aren't for anyone in particular), and at this point, basically every song imaginable from Persona 3/FES/Portable/Movie and 4/Golden/Animation/Golden Animation, and some extra (some are DLC though). You can pick auto to have it select the opposing character's theme (though it's been picking other stuff for me for whatever reason) or a random song. This can be done for Versus, Training, Challenge, or Online modes.

ZeroX03

Banned
Each character has their own theme song, as well as a couple other original songs (that aren't for anyone in particular), and at this point, basically every song imaginable from Persona 3/FES/Portable/Movie and 4/Golden/Animation/Golden Animation, and some extra (some are DLC though). You can pick auto to have it select the opposing character's theme (though it's been picking other stuff for me for whatever reason) or a random song. This can be done for Versus, Training, Challenge, or Online modes.

Same theme songs from P4A or remixes/new tracks?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Game looks very pretty. I've been watching it on twitch. Question about the story mode. What is the gameplay like in this mode? Is it side scrolling beat em up style ala Dragon's Crown or is it still 1vs1 based? The OP makes it sound like it's the former.

Astarte

Game looks very pretty. I've been watching it on twitch. Question about the story mode. What is the gameplay like in this mode? Is it side scrolling beat em up style ala Dragon's Crown or is it still 1vs1 based? The OP makes it sound like it's the former.

The story mode is just Visual Novel scenes chronicling the misadventures of Team Blue and Team Dancing All Night. From time to time you will fight people in a..well..normal fighting game fight if the plot demands that you fight.
No beat em ups, sorry. This game's pretty beginner friendly though, so if you're new you should have a pretty good time.

hao chi

I think this retail is a bit overpriced since it's really just a expansion.

It's not. It's a full fledged sequel. Brand new story mode, new characters, old characters have received plenty of changes, new system mechanics, shadow characters, online arcade lobbies, you can have multi play lobbies, replay lobbies, and training lobbies; new stages, a ton of new music, and Golden Arena mode.

Hey, anyone from West/Central (I'm in AZ) want to play a couple matches?

I sent a couple people friend requests aswell.

PSN: IrrelevantAlex

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Solar. Sorry that all I used was Narukami. I just installed the game and just wanted to jump in, so I don't know anyone else lol

GGs it's alright I totally deserved that probably

I want to blame netplay for my performance but truth is I would've gotten my ass kicked by your Yu anyways...although I'm pretty sure it did fuck up my Yosuke somewhat at least

Rhapsody

Banned
Yosuke's so scary. I don't know what to do when he's in Sukukaja now lol

Also that hard knockdown buff made him really threatening to deal with.

Ngl, I was laughing at and felt bad about some of those Sukukaja shenanigans and was just like "oh god this is so stupid why is it even hitting"

Also that hard knockdown buff made him really threatening to deal with.

Now imagine if I could actually do this gliding thing :T

FluxWaveZ

Marie's out, along with her lobby avatar and two other lobby avatar sets costing 500 JPY each. There's apparently some more stuff like new BGM and colors available.

I'll be playing Marie for anyone who wants to go against her.

FluxWaveZ

Marie's interesting. I've played about 40 matches with her so far, and she's a zoner, but she does it kind of indirectly compared to the others. I guess her usual tools are the storm cloud, the chocolate thing and her 214C/D eye that sucks opponents in. That eye, in particular, seems to be what she has to use in order to give herself some room to pull out the presents. Her Persona normals are pretty good and cover a wide area with relatively fast start-up.

Most interesting part is the weather mechanic, which influences her status and moves. She can control the weather by landing her 236236C/D super, and holding A, B, C or D once the cards are spinning.

A (Aeon) will result in the sunny weather with an explosion, which is also the default at the start of a match. Not sure if it influences anything else yet, but it increases the damage of the super's A variation.

B (Emperor) will result in the cloudy weather with a thunder strike. This will cause all of Marie's electric based moves (e.g. her throw, her DP and the B super itself) to inflict the opponent with paralysis. Additionally, when she pulls out the storm cloud out of her bag during this weather, she will pull two out instead of one.

C (Empress) will result in the rainy weather. Marie will slowly regenerate HP during this weather. This will also significantly increase the damage of the C variation of her super.

D (Star) will result in snowy weather with a giant ice block falling on the opponent. Marie will slowly gain SP during this weather, but unlike Elizabeth or a Victory Cry Junpei where it constantly increases, she gains SP in chunks of 5 SP per ~3 seconds. Additionally, the D version of her super will now freeze the opponent.

The weather will change between rounds. Not sure if it's completely random, or if there are conditions that will determine what the weather will change to at the start of the subsequent round.

Rhapsody

Banned
The more I use Adachi, the more thankful I am there's no Shadow version. He'd be so broken lol

Also since I'm waiting on the HK PSN, I don't have Marie yet. I think her tools are ridiculously good though.
Good frame data on her normals, and she can get quite a lot of damage out of certain starters.

Also her Awakening Super is pretty scary. Basically Litchi's super giving you lots of free mixups from what I saw.

Once people get a feel for her tools and form it into her set play, she's going to be a monster.

ZeroX03

Banned
They replaced "Mist" in instant kills with "Time To Make History"!? Bad call, Mist was epic.

But they added the 8-bit I'll Face Myself. You're forgiven, Arc Sys/Atlus.

Top Bottom