• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Shouta

Oh, I'm playing you right now? Haha, I see. Yeah, the 1 bar is unfortunate, though I'm finding it tolerable, perhaps because I'm more used to netplay than anything.

Yar, it's me. And probably. I've been playing it in person and folks in my city so I'm used to it being a bit more responsive. Ken AA requires a bit of precision and if I mess a button up, I eat full combos lol.

Shouta

ggs Flux. That 1 bar really blows me up on button timing. Really hard to time where I want the second hit of Ken's b to come up to stop stuff among other things. At least I know how annoying Adachi's j.c is now if I'm not playing on point. =o

FluxWaveZ

ggs Flux. That 1 bar really blows me up on button timing. Really hard to time where I want the second hit of Ken's b to come up to stop stuff among other things. At least I know how annoying Adachi's j.c is now if I'm not playing on point. =o

GGs. Yeah, the latency seemed to be giving you trouble, from what I could tell from some of your dropped combos and attempted anti-airs. Ken's probably one of the more annoying characters to play against when a Ken player manages to properly overwhelm with Koromaru and his absurd range.

Shouta

Yeah, I've found Ken's pressure really requires you to be in the right position and be somewhat precise to cover your bases as both Ken and Koro have long recovery on their moves. If you can you can make someone hesitate and then get frustrated opening them up for you.

Ken combos also can get tight when you want to close them off because you're hitting so many times with Koro and the like. Does good damage with the right confirms though.

PK Gaming

BxeS6kJIAAEo-iZ.png

Love these

FluxWaveZ

Damn, messed up and got 2nd place in my first online P4AU tourney. OmniSScythe wrecked me in GFs; something up with Adachi mirrors that I'm not too into.

Hi, LK did a twitch stream the other night explaining the very important concept of defensive OSes in this game. If anybody wants to get to the next level in this game, you'll have to know this stuff so it's worth watching. Here's the Dustloop thread I made on it:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/inde...defense-and-defensive-option-selects-in-p4u2/

Watched about 50% of that video, but I didn't really get it aside from something to do with jumping + throwing after being knocked down, so I'll have to read the detailed posts in that thread.

The Naoto main I play with seems to hate her changes. I don't know what all they changed, but besides the obvious one of SMP loops being gone, they added the cooldown timer to her gun after she uses all her bullets, and I remember hearing something about no longer being able to dash cancel after dropping a trap, or something like that.

The last point is probably wrong, but sounds like she's changed quite a bit from P4A.

And I'll Face Myself is in.

Crap, those changes sound pretty massive. I'll have to see how that turns out.

Well it's getting pretty close to the US release and I'm still hoping Sega say the EU will get the free dlc and pre order bonuses, the fact they haven't is rather shocking tbh, there's no way they don't know Persona fans want that stuff here.

Shouta

Margaret Kreygasm

Totally looking forward to her. She'll be my secondary, I think. Can't really get into Naoto anymore.

FluxWaveZ

Two notes about the latest 1.03 patch:

- If you use Ken and Koromaru, the announcer will go: "Margaret Win/Lose" at the end of a match instead of his actual name.
- They removed the W/L display for characters in Lobby mode.

Pics_nao

So what's ETA on Maggie? Around this time tomorrow night? I'd like to at least do her challenge mode before I go to bed

hao chi

Two notes about the latest 1.03 patch:

- If you use Ken and Koromaru, the announcer will go: "Margaret Win/Lose" at the end of a match instead of his actual name.
- They removed the W/L display for characters in Lobby mode.

Ha, that's pretty funny. I guess no more, "Canada... win!" at the end of Ken's matches until they fix that.

FluxWaveZ

Surely you're not going to go all Dantis on your bet, Flux? :O

Nope, it's nothing so cowardly. We made a deal; that's all.

No new thread for the US release?
Gonna pre-order along with AkibaStrip by the end of the month~

This is going to be the official OT, I think; just needs a thread title change. Guess I could make another, but that might be redundant.

Quick question: Is the L2 button used in any meaningful way? My controller seems to have broken and I can't justify a new controller for one game. I plan to be getting a PS4 next month.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still have the pre-order CD in my car that I listen to on occasion. Shame there isn't one this time, but getting 2 out 3 DLC characters for free, plus the cards & Teddie Bop Bag are still nice bonuses.

Any word on how much Margaret will cost? Kind of hoping she isn't $7 or $8 like with BlazBlue characters, especially since she doesn't have her story.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
She's going to be $8.
Dang. Oh well, I feel more obligated to buy her since we're getting the other two free...........but then again, knowing how Atlus just LOVES to put their stuff up for sale (hell, P4A is discounted for $10 on PSN right now. $15 with all the DLC), maybe I'll just wait.

FluxWaveZ

Dang. Oh well, I feel more obligated to buy her since we're getting the other two free...........but then again, knowing how Atlus just LOVES to put their stuff up for sale (hell, P4A is discounted for $10 on PSN right now. $15 with all the DLC), maybe I'll just wait.

It takes a while for their games to start getting discounted, though. You'd probably need to wait min. 6 months after release until Atlus USA starts doing that.

Mdesilva

I honestly don't know a lot about how Margaret plays. But her (move) animations are really slick, and that's enough for me to at least sub her, lol.

Unless she's unfun.

FluxWaveZ

What does this mean?

It means that her Persona attacks kind of link together in a unique way between her Personas, moving across the screen depending on the last attack's position.

It just feels awesome. A bit hard to explain, but it's truly like her Personas are doing the fighting while she stays back and they move across the screen, alternating between each other to destroy the opponent.

Top Bottom