• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just got in my P4AU from amazon with tarot cards and teddy bop bag. I have teddy blown up but I don't understand how you get him to stand up. I see the spot to put something in the bottom, but it seems to big for putting air in. should I put sand in there or something?
Atlus suggested perhaps water.

Sophia

Downloaded Marie and the additional color packs, but neither seem to be actually showing up in my game. Guessing we need to wait for a patch or something?

Pics_nao

Please tell me all the new characters are grouped together for the color and glasses pack. I already have all the colors and the glasses for the original cast and I'd rather not end up wasting money just to get one new character's stuff that's bundled with stuff I already have

cant wait to get home, gonna play the crap out of marie and rise to pick a main. Naoto is my favorite character but never really enjoyed how she played

ByzfUrRIMAAhnJP.jpg

Got the game today and was not super duper impressed with its packaging for the bonus stuff.

Putting the bonus stuff in the back isn't bad just placing the cover and taping it to the game case to give the impression of a solid thing not so much, especially with Amazon shipping basically meant it was gonna get squished and come out looking like this.

Luckily the bonus stuff is ok, so it just left a bad first impression, lol

It says see the thrilling conclusion to Persona 4 Arena.
Persona 5 Arena is next!
Well, if so, probably a few years away after Persona 5 on PS4.

Just trying to justify my impending purchase since its assuring to know that there won't be a Persona 4Arena Max Chrono Phantasma EX with two new characters six months from now! :p

FluxWaveZ

Just trying to justify my impending purchase since its assuring to know that there won't be a Persona 4Arena Max Chrono Phantasma EX with two new characters six months from now! :p

They didn't do this with Persona 4 Arena, so what's the rationale between fearing this with P4AU? That box quote bears no clear indication to whether or not there'll ever be another entry in the series, considering certain other things.

cHaotix8

Guys, I fucked up and preordered on 360 instead of PS3. T_T Is there a page that has all the noted changes for Ultimax? I haven't been keeping up with the game since vanilla.

they only did that with continuum shift, calamity trigger never got a revision

though chrono phantasma looks like it will be getting a revision...It might end up just getting a patch + DLC though (I dont mind buying the disc again, but I know it sucks for most)

The only other DLC character we know of is Margaret, who is coming next week for $5. Otherwise, that's it. No other DLC character has been confirmed so far.
Seeing the Wiki looks like there's also Marie.

Are these dlc characters useable for story modes? Do they have their own stories?

Or are they just dlc for arcade and multiplayer?

If so, looks like Arc System Works is milking again.
they only did that with continuum shift, calamity trigger never got a revision

though chrono phantasma looks like it will be getting a revision...It might end up just getting a patch + DLC though (I dont mind buying the disc again, but I know it sucks for most)
Yeah. I love Arc System Works fighting games. Love the artworks.

But Arc System Works selling another disc with minor updates makes Capcom look tame in comparison.

FluxWaveZ

Seeing the Wiki looks like there's also Marie.

Are these dlc characters useable for story modes? Do they have their own stories?

Or are they just dlc for arcade and multiplayer?

If so, looks like Arc System Works is milking again.

Read the OP.

Do you realize that Marie and Adachi are free?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Adachi has his own story, but that's it. Marie & Margaret don't get them. They do offer trophies/achievements, though.

But Arc System Works selling another disc with minor updates makes Capcom look tame in comparison.
I wouldnt go close to that far, ASW revisions are always decently cheap, add new characters, make major balance changes, and add bonus modes (Extend added the shortened version of calamity triggers story)

The problem is for people that just needed the balance patch...

I wouldnt go close to that far, ASW revisions are always decently cheap, add new characters, make major balance changes, and add bonus modes (Extend added the shortened version of calamity triggers story)

The problem is for people that just needed the balance patch...

Yeah, I don't know that Ultimax doesn't warrant the $60 price tag. It's been 2 years since the last one, there's loads of changes to the system, and fantastic new characters. There's a little bit of a Persona tax on it, but getting the two DLC characters free makes up for it a little. If this is going to be the last Arena game for awhile, though, I want them to throw some more DLC at me. I'll pay for it, I don't care. This is my favorite of ASW's titles.

Xenoflare

Funny how the game is telling me what I already have access for after that 375MB patch.

Still ain't seeing the dlcs.

//ARCANUM

So at this point has anyone successfully downloaded Marie and Adachi DLC and had them show up as selectable in the game?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So at this point has anyone successfully downloaded Marie and Adachi DLC and had them show up as selectable in the game?
Yup. Adachi is right underneath Yu & Marie is the farthest right on the top, above Rise. Using Adachi right now for Challenge Mode.

Zareka

Marie and Adachi downloaded.

Game still not shipped.

The wait for this to ship from US > UK is going to be pure torture. :(

Nyoro SF

The number of people that post without reading posts that are even a few posts above them boggles my mind.

Anyway I picked up my copy of the game and I can echo the concerns of the weird packaging. It looks like they wanted to go with a box but in the cheapest way? It kind of sucks that the sides are bent.

jbug617

Banned
the downloads for Adachi and Marie on PS3 are small compared to the 360 version. Also still waiting on Adachi for 360.

Top Bottom