• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Tried out Marie's challenges a little and I had a hard time connecting things after the followup to 5B (like 5BB > 2B). Is there any tricks for it or do I just have to delay the second attack just a smidge?

Also having a hard time doing 5AAA xx 214A 5C with Yukari, but I saw some posts on Dustloop saying it's kind of a tight link so I guess I just need to work at it. At least Mitsuru is here for me. The new combos off of 2DD are so awesome.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, they changed Challenge Mode so for most characters, challenges 26 through 30 are now for the Shadow Mode.

Gotta rework my brain to remember the buttons for which combos to push for certain attacks, bursts, & such.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. Those "fight your shadow" trophies for Network mode. Atlus WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

So what's the situation on Episode Adachi? I know it's DLC but it doesn't seem to be available(?). Mind you this isn't a big issue right now since I'm just about to start the P4 episode but there's no way I won't end up getting it.

Is it simply just not available yet a la Margaret and the $10 original P4A story pack? The Adachi navigation pack is available, oddly.

FluxWaveZ

So what's the situation on Episode Adachi? I know it's DLC but it doesn't seem to be available(?). Mind you this isn't a big issue right now since I'm just about to start the P4 episode but there's no way I won't end up getting it.

Is it simply just not available yet a la Margaret and the $10 original P4A story pack? The Adachi navigation pack is available, oddly.

You can't play through Episode P3 before playing through Episode P4. The only episode available from the start is Episode P4.

You also can't play through Episode Adachi before finishing Episode P4. That episode actually does explain several things that happened in the story that are not covered in episodes P3 or P4.

Episode Adachi is included with the character.

TheSeks

Just ask a bro. :)

I play Minazuki so I have no real hope of getting those. lol

And I play Akihiko and a few others. Impossible to get those. It's stupid that they're wanting people to try shadows but they do it in online mode. I was scrolling up the list from the bottom and seeing "arcade or network mode" and I'm like "did Atlus/Arc fina--"

"Get someone else to mirror match you as a Shadow OH AND PLAY AGAINST ALL CHARACTERS INCLUDING SHADOWS in network mode. TROLLOLOL"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Crateman

Question: Is P4A Episode scheduled to be released today? I did not play P4A and I want to go trough the story before jumping into the P4AU content.

And I play Akihiko and a few others. Impossible to get those. It's stupid that they're wanting people to try shadows but they do it in online mode. I was scrolling up the list from the bottom and seeing "arcade or network mode" and I'm like "did Atlus/Arc fina--"

"Get someone else to mirror match you as a Shadow OH AND PLAY AGAINST ALL CHARACTERS INCLUDING SHADOWS in network mode. TROLLOLOL"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Get in a player battle with a friend and do it yourselves? I don't recall the trophy description specifying it had to be on ranked.

TheSeks

Get in a player battle with a friend and do it yourselves? I don't recall the trophy description specifying it had to be on ranked.

Yeah, I guess. But I have no one to play against for those.

//ARCANUM

Anyone know if the P4A episode is exactly like the original? Meaning is it just one straightforward story mode? Or is it broken up in segments like P4AU?

I haven't played P4A story (which I own) and would like to eventually, but would like to play the best version of it, even if I spend another 10$. So is the DLC for P4AU of the P4A episode identical to what I already have? Or is it spruced up like the P4AU story?

Thanks!

TheSeks

Anyone know if the P4A episode is exactly like the original? Meaning is it just one straightforward story mode? Or is it broken up in segments like P4AU?

I haven't played P4A story (which I own) and would like to eventually, but would like to play the best version of it, even if I spend another 10$. So is the DLC for P4AU of the P4A episode identical to what I already have? Or is it spruced up like the P4AU story?

Thanks!

It's apparently more streamlined. AKA: No same-scenes with just different lines for the characters bits.

There's maybe one or two different "new scenes" for each of the characters. Otherwise the P4-Grand Prix bits are identical for all the characters. Gets really tiring. So "Episode P4U" is supposed to take those same lines and whatever is character specific and blend them together.

You say that as you post in a thread that has and will be used by people to find others to play against

I'm talking local/lag-free.

FluxWaveZ

It's apparently more streamlined. AKA: No same-scenes with just different lines for the characters bits.

There's maybe one or two different "new scenes" for each of the characters. Otherwise the P4-Grand Prix bits are identical for all the characters. Gets really tiring. So "Episode P4U" is supposed to take those same lines and whatever is character specific and blend them together.

No, Episode P4A is the exact same story from P4A, following the same format of individual character chapters.

//ARCANUM

I'm talking local/lag-free.

awesome thank you! this is exactly what I was looking for. will probably pick this up.

TheSeks

No, Episode P4A is the exact same story from P4A, following the same format of individual character chapters.

Oh, is it? 4chans "leaks" lied to me, then. :( Well, that's horrible for him since P4U's story gets tiring really fast when you're skipping the same scenes with the same lines about 6+ times. :/

Guys I'm in story mode, and I know this will sound really dumb but I can't seem to be able to save/ place a bookmark in order to exit without losing progress. Am I missing anything? Or do I have to quit and skip the dialogue until I get to the part that I was at earlier?

TheSeks

Guys I'm in story mode, and I know this will sound really dumb but I can't seem to be able to save/ place a bookmark in order to exit without losing progress. Am I missing anything? Or do I have to quit and skip the dialogue until I get to the part that I was at earlier?

Have you reached points where it says "save?" Because if not, you have to reach those "checkpoints." There's no other way to save and the chapters are long about 20-45 mins.

That's if it's matching P4U1.

Armaly

Am I missing any week 1 freebies?

322c440c6b.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Unlike P4A, P4AU saves automatically. The "bookmarks" are based on each individual story segment—or square—you see in the flowchart.

Also, screw Yosuke.

Anybody with the PSN download issues ever get them sorted out? It's still giving me errors over here. I must have downloaded this 12 gigs at least a dozen times. My friend even asked Atlus on their stream and they said it was fixed, but it still isn't.

TheSeks

Everyone knows you like whining about fighting games and stuff, but complaining about not having a lag-free environment to boost trophies in might take the cake. Are you serious?

Not just for the trophies. For the actual matches. Looking at lobbies right now: 0-2 bars. Per the norm for fighting game titles. Thanks for not letting me do achievements totally offline, Atlus. Much obliged.

Oh, dammit, Marie is canon as a character that's brought up in conversations now? This is what I get for not buying a Vita. Doubt this will have much ...bear-ing on the flow though.
I hate you Teddie.

Polyphonic

Neo Member
Anybody with the PSN download issues ever get them sorted out? It's still giving me errors over here. I must have downloaded this 12 gigs at least a dozen times. My friend even asked Atlus on their stream and they said it was fixed, but it still isn't.

I've heard that the download installation doesn't work if you haven't updated to the optional newest PS3 firmware(3.54?). Not sure if that's true or that's something you've done. But it seems like plausible explanation.

I've heard that the download installation doesn't work if you haven't updated to the optional newest PS3 firmware(3.54?). Not sure if that's true or that's something you've done. But it seems like plausible explanation.

I updated to it last night, but thanks anyway.

Can you unlock navigators in game still?

It's the Minazuki way. Don't worry; I think there'll be plenty of that online.

I already came across it with the few Minazuki's I played against today, in some way this encourages me to try and get better with him but it's also kind of off putting.

robotrock

Banned
any idea how long the single player story is? i probably spent a bit over 20 hours doing all the persona 4 arena SP story content

FluxWaveZ

any idea how long the single player story is? i probably spent a bit over 20 hours doing all the persona 4 arena SP story content

It depends on how fast you read, of course, but if P4A's took you around 20 hours for the entire thing, P4AU's will probably take ~12-13 hours, excluding Episode Adachi.

For SP content, there's Golden Arena Mode now, in addition to Score Attack, Arcade and Challenge mode.

Top Bottom