• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Xeteh

Am I dumb because I can't find the Marie/Adachi DLC anywhere. I think I'm dumb. This is on PS3, by the way.

//ARCANUM

Am I dumb because I can't find the Marie/Adachi DLC anywhere. I think I'm dumb. This is on PS3, by the way.

I couldn't find it on the PS3 pan store. Had to get it on the PSN webstore and then download it from PS3 PSN store download list.

Dantis

Could someone run me through what the options are in the ranked match menu? I wonder if something's gone wrong, because I can't see a single match.

Sophia

Could someone run me through what the options are in the ranked match menu? I wonder if something's gone wrong, because I can't see a single match.

It's pretty straightforward. Enlist will make you start searching for a match automatically. Once you're enlisted you can play some of the other modes while it searches. Search automatically enlists you but lets you manually pick the game yourself.

Some are paid only, like Adachi. But most characters are navigators, and to unlock them one must complete all Score Attack courses on Risky difficulty.

Makes sense Adachi would be paid only, kind of tempted though I kind of need to see some footage of it or something first just to see if it's worth picking up.

Dantis

It's pretty straightforward. Enlist will make you start searching for a match automatically. Once you're enlisted you can play some of the other modes while it searches. Search automatically enlists you but lets you manually pick the game yourself.

I meant read what the options are. I'm on the Japanese one. :p

Previously I'd just gone with the default and it had worked, but here I'm getting nothing.

Sophia

I meant read what the options are. I'm on the Japanese one. :p

Previously I'd just gone with the default and it had worked, but here I'm getting nothing.

Oooh, okay. These are in order top-to-bottom.

Search
Enlist
Search Conditions
Character Select
View History

Under the Search Conditions menu there is

Enlist Type (default is Pop-Up)
Region (default is Any)
Connection Speed (default is Any)
Grade (default is Similar Grade)
PSR (default is Any)
Completed Match Rate (default is Any)

Is the color pack worth it? How about the glasses pack? Are they any different from Arena's packs?

These are the same as the ones in Arena, and if you have the Arena packs they transfer over automatically.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the color pack worth it? How about the glasses pack? Are they any different from Arena's packs?

Glasses aren't really worth the cash, IMO. Just a few pixels colored. If you got Adachi and Marie, you can see what I mean.

Colors are kinda worthwhile if you care about those. The black color (29? Whatever is before the Gold one) on Adachi and his Persona is pretty wicked. But I don't think I'd pay $2.99 a pop for those.

Dantis

Oooh, okay. These are in order top-to-bottom.

Search
Enlist
Search Conditions
Character Select
View History

Under the Search Conditions menu there is

Enlist Type (default is Pop-Up)
Region (default is Any)
Connection Speed (default is Any)
Grade (default is Similar Grade)
PSR (default is Any)
Completed Match Rate (default is Any)

These are the same as the ones in Arena, and if you have the Arena packs they transfer over automatically.

Aaaah, dynamite, cheers!

Man I'm developing some sick mind game strats with Ken and Koromaru

This game is so much fun and Golden Arena Mode kicks ass.

I bought p4A this summer soley for the story mode, but I think in gonna be playing Ultimax way beyond that. It's clicking with me this time around, which is odd, because there obviously aren't any huge mechanical changes here.

It just feels different. I'm gonna go all in on this one.

I originally had the intention of trying to through story mode ASAP but I spent all my time today in the lobby mode, I already feel a tiny bit better than when I started earlier so maybe this will be the first fighting game I stick with.

Xenoflare

What stats should I invest if I'm playing Golden Arena with Liz?

Also the lobby is fantastic. Playing with others online with no ranked crap.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, how do I do Risette: Live for You? I assume A B C D = the same buttons (Square = A, X = B, etc.), but I keep getting misses.

redhairedking

Oh my god, the name of Marie's C super.

ePq1H5k.jpg
I love it too

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A B C D refers to the in-game commands. Check your button settings.
I've got it to Default, so...

A = Square
B = X
C = Triangle
D = Circle

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, considering I'm a rhythm game fan, so I'm pretty damn sure I'm hitting them.

.........don't tell me that part where the notes float to the different letters are actually a scripted event & I'm SUPPOSE to get misses?

Rhapsody

Banned
I've got it to Default, so...

A = Square
B = X
C = Triangle
D = Circle

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, considering I'm a rhythm game fan, so I'm pretty damn sure I'm hitting them.

.........don't tell me that part where the notes float to the different letters are actually a scripted event & I'm SUPPOSE to get misses?

Lag on your setup/TV maybe? And no, you're supposed to land them all.

Xenoflare

meplayingaselizabeth.jpeg

They murdered the only character I liked playing as.

I will never give up. She is still fun to play for me. Although god her awakened Zio A and unawakened Bufu ew gross.

Don't know why Marge is getting 9500 health when Liz still has 8000. Marie has 9000 too.

Ugh.

Also, putting a locked sign on the DLC characters is really tacky....... They could have just kept the random slots

Rhapsody

Banned
I will never give up. She is still fun to play for me. Although god her awakened Zio A and unawakened Bufu ew gross.

Don't know why Marge is getting 9500 health when Liz still has 8000. Marie has 9000 too.

Ugh.

Also, putting a locked sign on the DLC characters is really tacky....... They could have just kept the random slots

The more I play Margaret, the more disappointed I am in Liz tbh. Basically there are so many design choices I wanted that ended up for Margaret instead.

Ugh.

I'm trying too. I'm having fun learning new combos with her, but the moment I get online I get blown up and it seems like everyone can stuff everything I do no matter what. My friend plays Mitsuru and I swear they somehow managed to tilt that matchup even more in Misturu's favor.
It hurts, man, Elizabeth was like my soul character in the last game. I never felt so comfortable with a character in a fighting game.

Xenoflare

The more I play Margaret, the more disappointed I am in Liz tbh. Basically there are so many design choices I wanted that ended up for Margaret instead.

Well, I'll still have to wait for Marge.

Liz would probably be relevant if her awakening move buffs are present by default.

But I agree, her core design made her a weak one to use to begin with. The more I play as her the more evident it becomes. It's more than a health meter.

For starters, she doesn't even have a normal super that does damage. I mean what the hell. Hama/Mudo is just way to gimmicky.

So I don't play fight games all too often but I really wanted the preorder stuff that came with it cause dat teddie tho. I'm trying to get into it, and I don't usually ever play fighting games ever, but I'm doing the tutorial stuff and it says reversal burst and it says to hit triangle, circle, and x all at once. I'm doing it and he's either grabbing or doing the upslash thing and it's just not working. Any help on what the hell I'm doing wrong?

Hubb

Little sad Margaret isn't coming out till next week, but at least it isn't longer than that. Guess I will try out a few of the new characters and maybe go through the story till then.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm just basing everything off my observation. I could be wrong..... :p

Her awakened Agi is amazing though.

I don't like it much either. Liz would used to air dash back and do air A Zio close to the ground. Can't really do that in P4AU with the hitbox being smaller so you can crouch under it if she ever does it (air or ground).

I also liked how it would wallstick in the first game. 5B > 5C > A Maziodyne > OMC etc was really nice.

I guess the awakened stuff has its uses though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
0-2 bars wanting to fight in the lobby mode. WHY.jpg

Never any 3-4 bars around. Now I remember why I don't touch online modes for Arc titles. :/

FluxWaveZ

I didn't realize Margaret was Marisha Ray's first voice acting gig. That may explain some issues I have with her voice.

I think some people are avoiding me on ranked. Got someone who said that they might need to stop playing today because I made them salty, heh.

Top Bottom