• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The last line of defense for complete fighting games.

why didn't more people buy TTT2 :(
I wanted to. I rented Tekken Hybrid and played my fair share of the TTT2 demo. It's just that the systems are ridiculously complicated for me. :(

Zareka

Does anyone know what timezone Video Games + operates in? I'm in the UK and don't wanna be sitting on the order page all day to see when the payment's gonna be taken off, lol.

I had trouble wording what I'm asking there. Basically does anyone know an estimate of when I'll be charged or when the game will be shipped, UK time?

Someone else having problem with corrupted pre-load download?

Ah JPS Kai too.

I am. I'm currently downloading for the 8th time in 24 hours. I've tried all the fixes people suggested for when this happened during the GTA5 launch and none of them have worked for me. It's really annoying because PSN is atrociously slow and I have to wait two or more hours every time to see it fail again.

Pics_nao

My friend keeps getting an error at 15% every time he's downloading the game off the store. He even restored his PS3 and still giving him problems. Anyone know of a way to fix this? He game shared the game with me and I was able to download and install just fine.

Lemstar

I don't know if it's something wrong with the installer package or whatever, but the rate of download corruptions seems to be incredibly high. I'm getting a ton of people needing to redownload, too.

Tried to play a bit last night with my friend online, but I think because of the abnormal amount rain we've been getting, my internet was taking a shit on us. Ended up just going through and testing some of the new characters out a bit.

I have to say, across the board, the new characters are wonderfully fleshed out and different from the original roster. I wanted to say I'm keeping an eye on a particular one, but honestly, there isn't a single stand out among them. I loved Ken, Yukari, Sho, and Rise for completely different reasons. It'll be fun to see what my friend managed to figure about the characters in the same time.

To those that are having problems with downloading and installation, I'm guessing the corruption rate has something to do with high traffic. But, the preload has been up since Sunday, I'm not sure why more people didn't just do that.

antibolo

Banned
Atlus screwed up the dual audio? Why am I not surprised. I'm not even mad because this is the sort of thing I expect of them.

Aaaaaaanyway, the real worry is cross region netplay. After the recent AH3LM fiasco, the risk is real.

I've been having this issue since the preload went live.

Shit dude, guess I spoke out of my ass on that one. I have no idea what to do if you've tried redownloading all those times. Just a random thought, how much hard drive space do you have freed up? I noticed that the install size of the game was unusually large and ideally it would warn you you don't have enough space, but if it's not installing correctly to the system it could be the cause of the corruption.

Atlus screwed up the dual audio? Why am I not surprised. I'm not even mad because this is the sort of thing I expect of them.

Aaaaaaanyway, the real worry is cross region netplay. After the recent AH3LM fiasco, the risk is real.

You expect Atlus to screw up? What reality are we living in here?

muteki

Since the dual audio wasn't a technical problem, I really wish they would throw it on PSN for people to purchase if it is a money/royalties issue. Topic has been discussed to death, I'm not terribly bummed, but it will be a bit of an adjustment for me on the P3 side since I played it and P4A with Japanese audio.

Amazon finally showed that the game has shipped, really looking forward to trying it out after work.

FluxWaveZ

Haven't gotten a single lobby match to work against 4 different people. One of them has the US version too

There apparently might be some JP/NA region connection issues until Margaret is out here next week.

At least, that's according to John Hardin. Hopefully things will straighten themselves out after the PSN update.

Mbrill82

Amazon shipped mine yesterday so it'll be at my house within the hour most likely. This is gonna be a looooong day at work. I'm gonna start having everything shipped to my office, then I could at least look at the manual, punch Teddy etc. I learned my lesson and I have my new Samsung Note 4 being shipped to me at work, should be the 17th i think. I don't wanna risk that being stolen off my porch haha.

Anyone got any cool ideas for the tarot cards? I already have the SE of Persona Q pre-ordered so once that comes out and I have the full set of cards I'd like to think of a cool way to display them, possibly frame them. If you haven't seen the "unboxing" video the cards are actually a lot bigger than I expected and look to be of high quality.

EMT0

Banned
Accidentally ordered two copies from Amazon. Bleh, I've got to stop by the post office after class today.

zeioIIDX

Anyone got any cool ideas for the tarot cards? I already have the SE of Persona Q pre-ordered so once that comes out and I have the full set of cards I'd like to think of a cool way to display them, possibly frame them. If you haven't seen the "unboxing" video the cards are actually a lot bigger than I expected and look to be of high quality.

Just watched an unboxing a few minutes ago and yeah...they are nice. I was also thinking about what I wanna do with 'em. I may end up getting a frame from the store to put them in. Probably 0-10 in one frame and the rest in another frame and put them up around my place somewhere.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone have any playthrough videos of the story on youtube yet? Just wanna experience the story, not interested in the game.

Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?

I could potentially cap it. For someone in the know, if I turn auto-battle on could I just leave it recording overnight?

Angry Guy

Is there anyone here who got it early or knows Japanese and has played through the story?

I haven't played P3 yet and I want to know if I'm good to go to play through this one without ruining EVERYTHING.

Volcynika

So because you don't personally care about it, other people that do are clearly selfish about it?

Nope. I'm calling out that you phrased it poorly and inaccurately. Way to put words into my mouth. "Screwing up the dual audio" would be they put it in and it didn't work or caused a problem with the game. Not having it in there isn't screwing it up. It boils down to "they didn't include it in [sections], so I'm unhappy."

Astarte

Has anyone here who got it early or knows Japanese played through the story mode yet?

I haven't played P3 yet and I want to know if I'm good to go to play through this one without ruining EVERYTHING.

Well the original P4A spoiled quite a bit of P3 so I'd imagine that this one does too

ZeroX03

Banned

P4A spoils some significant parts of P3. Can't speak for P4AU but I'd definitely avoid it until you've played seeing as it has even more of the P3 cast.

Is there anyone here who got it early or knows Japanese and has played through the story?

If you're concerned about spoilers then I'd wait until you finish P3 before you start story mode in this.

Well, even if there's no cross-region play, this game won't be affected like Arcana Heart 3 Love Max was. That game came out in America on Tuesday and I checked the leaderboard on Sunday and there were only 276 people ranked. That means only 276 had played online (ranked or unraked) at least once.

I'll be very disappointed if we can't play with JP users of course, but at least there's a fanbase for this series in America.

Teknoman

Junpei's baseball stuff is confusing the hell out of me.

But it looks really cool.

P4U2_Junpei_j2A.png

After reading it, seems like his b moves hit with his bat, and score bases. Every time you get 3 bases, they combine to give a home run. Every 11 runs gives you a victory cry power up which buffs moves and stats.

I gotta look into clean hits, balls, and strikes though.

Khal_B

I'm getting the "corrupt" error too, and I've been trying to download the thing since the preload went live.

Tried updating my PS3, made sure there was enough space on the hard drive, tried downloading on the store page, in the background, wired, wireless. Tried downloading it again this morning before work and the same error over and over again.

I'm REALLY frustrated.

vg260

I'm getting the "corrupt" error too, and I've been trying to download the thing since the preload went live.

Tried updating my PS3, made sure there was enough space on the hard drive, tried downloading on the store page, in the background, wired, wireless. Tried downloading it again this morning before work and the same error over and over again.

I'm REALLY frustrated.

That sucks. I pre-loaded as soon as it went up, and it worked fine. Hope they sort it out. It's too big a download for that mess.

Astarte

After reading it, seems like his b moves hit with his bat, and score bases. Every time you get 3 bases, they combine to give a home run. Every 11 runs gives you a victory cry power up which buffs moves and stats.

I gotta look into clean hits, balls, and strikes though.

3 bat misses (outs) = cleared bases
3 bat hits in a block string = one base
10 bases = victory cry

vg260

One thing that really irks me about these ArcSys fighters is the screen size adjust menu. The three fixed screen sizes either give me a too-cropped picture or too much black space on the edges. I wish they included a manual screen size adjustment.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yes, we're supposed to get Adachi and Marie for free.

You have to wait until the store updates before you can get access to them though.

Wow, tarot cards are bigger than I expected. Thought it was gonna be around a deck of cards. Kind of feel thin, but they're glossy and a decent quality.
Marie is already free for Xbox 360 owners. Not sure where Adachi is. PSN will have to wait a few more hours until the store updates.

Alright! Thanks!

Is Margaret free as well?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No, Margaret will be $5. Only Marie & Adachi will be free, & that's only suppose to be for a week, so if you have any interest in the game, grab them will you can.

I'm so glad Adachi and Marie are something you can download even without the game because I don't trust my local retailers to have the game this week :|

Top Bottom