• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
After reading it, seems like his b moves hit with his bat, and score bases. Every time you get 3 bases, they combine to give a home run. Every 11 runs gives you a victory cry power up which buffs moves and stats.

I gotta look into clean hits, balls, and strikes though.

Clean hits happen after the 11 run buff. You have to hit the person with the bat at a "decent spacing" apparently.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Junpei_Iori_(P4AU)

Anyway, yeah the Tarot Cards and Bop Bag were included with the game for all pick-ups. Good move, Atlus. *thumbs up* the Tarot cards were bigger than I expected. I expected them to like... Magic: the Gathering/playing card sized. But whoo~

Now to hope the Standard version of Persona Q includes them so I have both sets. >_>

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

No, Margaret will be $5. Only Marie & Adachi will be free, & that's only suppose to be for a week, so if you have any interest in the game, grab them will you can.

5 dollars. That's even better than BB:CP dlc price.

Thanks.

I'm so glad Adachi and Marie are something you can download even without the game because I don't trust my local retailers to have the game this week :|

Same here. I got screwed over so I had to buy the game at other store. I was concerned that DLC characters were pre-order only but I'm glad that it's not in case.

Thanks again.

5 dollars. That's even better than BB:CP dlc price.

Thanks.

Same here. I got screwed over so I had to buy the game at other store. I was concerned that DLC characters were pre-order only but I'm glad that it's not in case.

Thanks again.
Fantastic news! I wanted to hold off because my checking account is low, so that helps a bunch!

Geneijin

Nope. I'm calling out that you phrased it poorly and inaccurately. Way to put words into my mouth. "Screwing up the dual audio" would be they put it in and it didn't work or caused a problem with the game. Not having it in there isn't screwing it up. It boils down to "they didn't include it in [sections], so I'm unhappy."
It can still be read both ways actually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, you're able to download them without the game since they're listed on Xbox Live & PSN. It's not like specific Nintendo 3DS games (like Fire Emblem: Awakening) where you have to get them within a shop that's only accessible within the game itself. If you plan on getting the game, grab them now while they're free so they're ready to go when you do eventually get a copy.

SykoTech

I'm so glad Adachi and Marie are something you can download even without the game because I don't trust my local retailers to have the game this week :|

Yep. I probably won't be able to get the game until sometime in October, so it's great that they'll be available even without owning the game yet. Will download both as soon as the Store updates tonight, and hopefully have the full game next week.

Shouta

I tried out that Ken combo but there's some kind of magic to it that gives him 8k. Probably related to the Flame super from Koromaru which seems to get more damage the closer you are to him. It's a pretty tough combo though because the last few hits, you start running out of hitstun.

I turned off the air recovery on it and did a variation on it but still only got 7k instead of the 7.9k that it is. I'll have to test it some more but the damage might vary on it.

On the other hand, it taught me some neat things I can do after a OMB to extend the damage.

TheSeks

Is it just me or are none of the dlc up on the psn store yet?

Are you new to PSN?

Because if so: Welcome to Grace Chen Time (GCT). It'll be up when she blesses us with her presence. Otherwise stay pressed.

(AKA: 2PM-5PM Sometimes 9PM. LOL WE DUNNO WHEN WE'RE GONNA PUT IT UP! :D!

*SMH coming from Steam*)

jbug617

Banned
Is Adachi up yet on the Xbox store? I found Marie. Going to download them on 360 and PS3 just to have in case I pick the game up.

I tried out that Ken combo but there's some kind of magic to it that gives him 8k. Probably related to the Flame super from Koromaru which seems to get more damage the closer you are to him.

Yup, D version does multiple hits depending on position, and C does a single hit that does the same damage wherever it hits.

TheSeks

Is Adachi up yet on the Xbox store?

Not yet. Should be in a few hours, maybe.

Also I see they put up a $3 "title unlock"er. Niiiice. I can get "If... Senpai is... Thunder God" from the get-go.

Hey now, sometimes the dlc's page is actually up but almost next to impossible to find cause there aren't any links leading to it in the new arrivals or related items.
Thanks Sony!
Also does anyone know what the digital preorder colours look like? I'm kicking myself for missing out on that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Strangely, Adachi isn't up yet, especially since Marie is considered "Additional Character #2". Not sure why, but either could just be Xbox Live not adding him yet or if he's not on PSN later, we could get him next week & then he'll switch with Marie for being free....though Atlus said "first week", so it's most likely the former.

TheSeks

True. But the rule of thumb is: You wait until 5PM EST before trying to find those "hidden links" because Sony rarely puts the new content up earlier than that. :/

I don't know if this has been discussed in here already (if anyone else is getting this problem), but I'm getting the edges of the game screen cut off. Button info at the bottom of the menu barely visible. I thought it was my TV, but I tried the PS store and Tales of Xillia 2 and they are both fine.

I don't know if this has been discussed in here already (if anyone else is getting this problem), but I'm getting the edges of the game screen cut off. Button info at the bottom of the menu barely visible. I thought it was my TV, but I tried the PS store and Tales of Xillia 2 and they are both fine.

That's always a thing in ASW games. Change the screen settings in the options.

Amani

Finally got it! So how's everybody liking the random swag cards and Teddie bag?

Oh, and the game. That too.

Just fired up the game and jumped into training with Kanji and the first thing I noticed was how much better the game sounds, Kanji's chair makes more sound, things like him hitting his fists together have a real good thud sound, I love stuff like this.

Astarte

Finally got it! So how's everybody liking the random swag cards and Teddie bag?

Oh, and the game. That too.

Tarot cards godlike. I tied 10 balloons to the teddie bop bag and watched it fly away.

Just fired up the game and jumped into training with Kanji and the first thing I noticed was how much better the game sounds, Kanji's chair makes more sound, things like him hitting his fists together have a real good thud sound, I love stuff like this.

I miss Troy Baker but this new guy does a decent job

FluxWaveZ

I'd like to hear if anyone in Canada has found the game in any store. I'm under the impression that there have been significant shortages or that some haven't gotten any copies at all.

I'd like to hear if anyone in Canada has found the game in any store. I'm under the impression that there have been significant shortages or that some haven't gotten any copies at all.
Haven't checked stores, sorry. I ordered mine from amazon.ca, which is the first time I try day 1 delivery for a game from amazon. I usually buy in store.

FluxWaveZ

Haven't checked stores, sorry. I ordered mine from amazon.ca, which is the first time I try day 1 delivery for a game from amazon. I usually buy in store.

Sounds like at least Future Shop/Best Buy and EB Games/GameStop didn't get (m)any copies, which is why I'm wondering. Those who ordered from Amazon seem to be getting theirs.

I haven't heard any substantial dialogue yet but he sounds pretty good so far, hopefully that doesn't change when I jump into story stuff later.

You wouldn't really be able to hear much from the new voice actor from battle dialogue because most of Kanji's lines are still Troy Baker's from P4A.

Volcynika

Ahh, thanks I must have missed that. I kinda last second preordered it at gamestop yesterday so who knows if I'll actually get this stuff

Fake Edit - Looks like they're really just bound tight with the game, which makes me think that maybe first copies have this stuff? Maybe I'll be lucky after all.

Usually with Atlus its the first print of the game that gets the goodies.

You wouldn't really be able to hear much from the new voice actor from battle dialogue because most of Kanji's lines are still Troy Baker's from P4A.

Yeah I figured that might be the case considering it sounded almost identical to P4A, then I second guessed myself thinking that it would be weird for them to have mix of Mercer and Baker. I guess the issue of conflicting voices won't really matter much outside of the story stuff but it's still kind bummer they didn't re record that stuff.

For how long do you guys think said first print will be available? I'm waiting to see if retailers here get it soon, but for example iirc they didn't get SMTIV until the non-LE printings :/

Sounds like at least Future Shop/Best Buy and EB Games/GameStop didn't get (m)any copies, which is why I'm wondering. Those who ordered from Amazon seem to be getting theirs.

All of my Best Buys and Future Shops have it, but none of my EBGames have it.

Atlus uploaded a video of the stuff.

One thing I noticed was when I opened the Teddie Bop Bag, there was that strong plasticy smell coming from it for a while....& that face just screamed "noooo, I didn't do it!"

Omg, I know! That smell nearly killed me! But I adore that expression, I'm pretty sure it's the expression I always set the Teddie's to on the Atlus teaser site before Persona 5's announcement.

TRI Mike

I didn't read the entire thread so these were probably answered but are there any notable differences between PS3 and 360¿ I ordered for PS3 because a friend told me 360 has no online lobbies. Also, I didn't pre-order so I can I get Adachi
-baby
, Margaret and Marie for free still¿

FluxWaveZ

I didn't read the entire thread so these were probably answered but are there any notable differences between PS3 and 360¿ I ordered for PS3 because a friend told me 360 has no online lobbies. Also, I didn't pre-order so I can I get Adachi
-baby
, Margaret and Marie for free still¿

It's been said a number of times, but Adachi and Marie are free within the first week of the game's launch for literally every single person, whether or not they own the game. They will be on PSN/XBL when they update. Margaret will be available on October 7th for $4.99.

The PS3 version will have the more active community, which is the norm for fighting games (especially anime fighting games). The 360 version does not have lobby mode, which isn't the same thing as normal player lobbies, which that version still has.

Ibuki

Banned
First print copies all have the extras, it wasn't just limited to pre orders. I will be checking in a shipment that has an extra copy in a bit, we will see if it still has the bonuses.

TRI Mike

It's been said a number of times, but Adachi and Marie are free within the first week of the game's launch for literally every single person, whether or not they own the game. They will be on PSN/XBL when they update. Margaret will be available on October 7th for $4.99.

The PS3 version will have the more active community, which is the norm for fighting games (especially anime fighting games). The 360 version does not have lobby mode, which isn't the same thing as normal player lobbies, which that version still has.

Cool, thanks.

I'm looking forward to maining Rise. Always wanted to play as her.

Bury

Neo Member
Clean hits happen after the 11 run buff. You have to hit the person with the bat at a "decent spacing" apparently.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Junpei_Iori_(P4AU)

Anyway, yeah the Tarot Cards and Bop Bag were included with the game for all pick-ups. Good move, Atlus. *thumbs up* the Tarot cards were bigger than I expected. I expected them to like... Magic: the Gathering/playing card sized. But whoo~

Now to hope the Standard version of Persona Q includes them so I have both sets. >_>

Victory Cry happens at 10 runs and you have to have decent spacing/Hit them in the right hurtbox in order to get those clean hits. Clean hits add more hitstun and damage to the opponent.After 10, 20, 30 40, 50, and 55 he'll start to gain more and more recovery to HP and damage to bat normals. I have the JP version and been playing junpei for a bit and your gameplan is to get to victory cry mode ASAP. Once there that's where the fun begins. When you become a master at victory cry combos you'll be TING TING TING TINGing all over the place. That has to be one of the most satisfying sounds I've ever heard in a fighting game ever. Junpei might be in the lowest tier, but once he get's going he's a BEAST.

//ARCANUM

I just got in my P4AU from amazon with tarot cards and teddy bop bag. I have teddy blown up but I don't understand how you get him to stand up. I see the spot to put something in the bottom, but it seems to big for putting air in. should I put sand in there or something?

Top Bottom