• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Busaiku

Unless you guys were in contact otherwise, if hao chi and Jotamide don't show up in the next 90 minutes, you guys will advance to the next round.
Neither player has contacted me, so I'm not sure what their situation is.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs. That FluxWaveZ-special-custom Shadow Rise set-up seems to land most times I try it and I haven't spent any time in Training mode to see how to evade it. Sometimes people try to Burst it (which you naturally can't do with Shadow Naoto), but invulnerability goes through that, too. Evading seems to work against it, but that won't work if one's trying to jump to escape the 22A+C and is hit by it (or blocking it) low to the ground.

I always tell myself, I'm going to guard cancel roll it. Then next thing I know, I up backed and died lol

Uraizen

Banned
Haha, the setup is real! When I take this game less seriously I have more fun.

This is what I was going to say in response to your previous post.

Guess what's going to happen when Xrd comes out? Hell, guess what's going to happen when BBCP2 comes out?
Izayoi <3
I'm actually surprised I like this after hating P4A so much.

hao chi

Unless you guys were in contact otherwise, if hao chi and Jotamide don't show up in the next 90 minutes, you guys will advance to the next round.

I had already messaged Rean saying I was going to eat soon and would play after. I've also PM'd you the results of our matches.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Really sorry I couldn't contact you earlier. Something came up last minute and couldn't play at all today.

Busaiku

Alright, Ultimate_Trainer, whenever you wanna play.
Also sorry, Losers Semifinals are actually still 2/3.

Winners Finals are 3/5 though.

Man this dark green square is pissing me off. I should go rank down to blue.

Edit: Ahhhhhhh I lost like 8 times in a row against the same color, just give me the blue square already! Can you even rank down from dark green? Because no matter how much I lose, it ain't happening.

Yes! Finally, superior dark color achieved, go blue!

Edit: also attempting this made me realize that there are worse players than me. I am not entirely sure how that is possible.

FluxWaveZ

Remember that this is 3/5.

Ah crap. Hey, Dlent, I'm coming back online; seems like our set isn't done yet.

Edit: Oh, is that so? There were a few lag spikes in our match, though I didn't feel like it was too significant; it was enough for me to follow the rhythm of the DDR supers.

Dlent

I think I'll disqualify myself on the basis of lag. For some reason I've had very few good connections in this game, even when it's 2+ bars and I have a wired connection with my Playstation in DMZ mode. Input delay kills me, so I guess I'll stick to GGPO.

3844551991.png

Ah well, good games to all anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Well, that was ridiculously free.
Again, send me your details.

GGs. And gotcha, I'll send them to you right now via PM.

Sounds like it's over. Congrats, Fluxwave.

Thanks. Missed the sign-ups for the SSB 3DS tournament starting tomorrow, so at least I could participate in this one. Hopefully this won't be the last P4AU tournament on GAF, if we have an Air Dashers 2 featuring all of the new anime games.

Busaiku

Eh, probably not gonna see one from me at least.
I was actually not sure about doing another Exciting GAF Air Dashers, that's why I decided to do this one all slapdash.

FluxWaveZ

Eh, probably not gonna see one from me at least.
I was actually not sure about doing another Exciting GAF Air Dashers, that's why I decided to do this one all slapdash.

That's unfortunate; did something change your mind for another Exciting GAF Air Dashers? Between Xrd, BBCP 2.0, Ultimax, Uniel, that Fighting Climax thing... it seems that another would get a lot of traction.

Uraizen

Banned
That's unfortunate; did something change your mind for another Exciting GAF Air Dashers? Between Xrd, BBCP 2.0, Ultimax, Uniel, that Fighting Climax thing... it seems that another would get a lot of traction.

Hey, hey, hey... let's just call it waifu fighter. There's also AH3 Love Max!!!!!, Phantom Breaker Extra (lol), and other stuff.

Dlent

Maybe I'll see if I can get FiOs where I live. I always thought download or upload didn't matter as much as ping though.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh why do I suck so much. Losing all the mirror matches.

Edit: AHAHAHAHA I suck so much, god damn.

Edit: God damn it I suck even harder than I thought, wow wow wow. It just doesn't stop.

Oh also this isn't really a meltdown. There is no catharsis or release when emotions run high and you keep taking that L, so I need to blow off some steam somehow.

Nyoro SF

I seriously cannot fight Adachi. Holy crap this guy is annoying. I need to go into training mode and test this guy out.

He's like perfectly designed for players that play like complete scumbags. That stupid gunshot on block! The safe jumps!

hao chi

I seriously cannot fight Adachi. Holy crap this guy is annoying. I need to go into training mode and test this guy out.

He's like perfectly designed for players that play like complete scumbags. That stupid gunshot on block! The safe jumps!

I can't stand fighting Adachi. He can be getting severely outplayed for the entire match, and then win because of unblockable/unburstable bullshit.

The prior round Pet also won because of an unblockable setup.

Edit: OH MY GOD.

Nyoro SF

I can always tell which characters are the biggest scumbags in this game by how early they burst. I don't think I've faced a single Adachi that didn't burst the moment they got hit.

FluxWaveZ

I can always tell which characters are the biggest scumbags in this game by how early they burst. I don't think I've faced a single Adachi that didn't burst the moment they got hit.

That's definitely more on the player than the character. Not only is it unwise to Burst like that at any time, but it's especially bad in Adachi's case when a Gold Burst can be crucial when it comes to restoring his cards.

Though, with a trend like that, it should be easy to bait Bursts and pull off satisfying punishes accordingly.

Nyoro SF

That's definitely more on the player than the character. Not only is it unwise to Burst like that at any time, but it's especially bad in Adachi's case when a Gold Burst can be crucial when it comes to restoring his cards.

Though, with a trend like that, it should be easy to bait Bursts and pull off satisfying punishes accordingly.

I suppose so. The thing is it's all about the momentum shift. Scumbag characters want to keep the momentum on their side at all times and that's worth using an early burst for.

Anyway Flux I know you have a good Adachi so are you up to playing tonight? I'm Socal and I need the practice.

FluxWaveZ

I suppose so. The thing is it's all about the momentum shift. Scumbag characters want to keep the momentum on their side at all times and that's worth using an early burst for.

Anyway Flux I know you have a good Adachi so are you up to playing tonight? I'm Socal and I need the practice.

Sure, just contact me when you want to play.

Top Bottom