• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I popped in and saw the post, I almost forgot about the Tourney. Just messaged Jotamide when I'm available on PSN. I'm busy tonight until late, so hopefully he can play tomorrow.

Just read your message, let me check my calendar and I'll reply on PSN. Tomorrow should be good me thinks.

The tournament is now live!
Report your results to me once you've completed your match. Preferably on GAF, but any of the contact methods I've listed on Challonge will suffice. You can also contact me through Challonge.

As I said earlier, the number of rounds that must be completed by each day (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) would be determined after the bracket was finalized.
Remember, we are playing this out this week/weekend (ending on Sunday, October 19).

So here's what I've decided to do...
By the end of Friday (11:59 PM CDT), Winners Round 1 and 2 must be completed, along with Losers Round 1 and 2.
By the end of Saturday (11:59 CDT), Winners Round 3 must be completed, along with Losers Round 3 and 4.
On Sunday (by 11:59 CDT), we'll wrap things up, so that means Winners Finals (Semifinals on Challonge), Losers Round 5 and Finals (Semifinals on Challonge), and Grand Finals (Finals on Challonge).

Although not required, I encourage people to play their matches out as soon as possible.
If you cannot complete your matches by the specified days and times, you will be disqualified, no exceptions. If neither player in a pair is able to play, both will be disqualified.
Again, while it is recommended that you play your matches as soon as possible, you will not face any penalties until Friday at the earliest.

Have fun everyone!

I'm gonna try and have my match with hao this friday at 10pm est

Busaiku

Good stuff earlier, Mdesilva.
You gotta work on keeping me out more often.
You were kinda timid in general, which allowed me to get close very easily.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't win a single match online today. Mad salty. At least I saw a mirror match of Shadow Kanjis who would only dive into each other so there's that.

Because P4U2 is canon and the cast in the game reflects the current story.

I need help on fighting zoners in general because nobody I know plays them. That goes for almost any game. Hit me up sometime, dagnabbit!

Be patient.
Don't be predictable in your movement.
Make them respect moves that beats/goes through their zoning.

Rhapsody

Banned
I need help on fighting zoners in general because nobody I know plays them. That goes for almost any game. Hit me up sometime, dagnabbit!

Depends on who you use and which zoner you're fighting. Out of all the zoners, I find Yukari the weirdest one to fight.

It's not super hard, but you kind of have to be a little more patient at the less obvious spots.

Shouta

I didn't win a single match online today. Mad salty. At least I saw a mirror match of Shadow Kanjis who would only dive into each other so there's that.

Shadow Kanji is pretty hilarious if you got the reads. Comboing into his Awakening super is kinda nasty.

Depends on who you use and which zoner you're fighting. Out of all the zoners, I find Yukari the weirdest one to fight.

It's not super hard, but you kind of have to be a little more patient at the less obvious spots.
Edit: Nevermind, I see "Yuk" and immediately read "Yukiko"

Yukari is hard though, once she get distance and starts throwing those green balls I don't know what I'm supposed to do, and I can't teach myself to respect the qcf arrow, I always try to roll it or slide it just praying the last thirty I got tagged by were flukes. It's a really funny match for Junpei though.

Busaiku

Alright, sent out PMs to everyone.
Some of you have already played a few matches, but this is just to get everyone up to speed.

I've also sent out Friend Requests through PSN.
This will help me monitor activity, since I'll be available pretty much all day those days.

As I specified the dates during the sign-up phase, you signing up basically tells me that you will be available through the weekend.
If something comes up and you cannot play during those days, it's unfortunate, but I will give priority to those who are able and willing to play at that time.

Pics_nao

Won't be able to play my match until tomorrow night so I'll be cutting it pretty close. Well unless my grandmother's living room tv gets fixed by today.

Mdesilva

Edit: Nevermind, I see "Yuk" and immediately read "Yukiko"

Yukari is hard though, once she get distance and starts throwing those green balls I don't know what I'm supposed to do, and I can't teach myself to respect the qcf arrow, I always try to roll it or slide it just praying the last thirty I got tagged by were flukes. It's a really funny match for Junpei though.
You gotta respect the orbs. She will set them up all the time because they're really good for controlling space. And for Feather Arrow, it actually is rollable, but I haven't tested it out so I don't know if all characters can do it and what frame you have to do it on, etc.

Anne

I worded that badly- I mean, she is definitely a zoner, she just plays a decent bit differently than a lot of others :p

Oh I was being sarcastic. Yukari is an ASW zoner, aka "be a nuisance until they get a hit, then some crazy pressure/oki bullshit happens and they snowball you." Her pressure is nutso, and I will never understand why she has that 5A.

Oh I was being sarcastic. Yukari is an ASW zoner, aka "be a nuisance until they get a hit, then some crazy pressure/oki bullshit happens and they snowball you." Her pressure is nutso, and I will never understand why she has that 5A.
I dont know why yukari does, but I love having that same 5A on marie

Mdesilva

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. I was confused when you said that since I wasn't remembering what attack was +25 so I didn't know what you were referring to lol. But yeah, she's definitely not strictly a zoner. Pressure and damage are really good. I really like her 5A, though it feels so different from everyone else's since it barely has a vertical hitbox which means the opponent can jump out a lot of times when a normal jab would hit. It catches people a lot, especially during Magarula, and is a good combo starter on crouching, standing, or air hit. I just suck at pressure.

Uraizen

Banned
Be patient.
Don't be predictable in your movement.
Make them respect moves that beats/goes through their zoning.

Not trying to sound like an ass, I swear, but I wasn't looking for advice. It's experience that I want. Knowing how to deal with them and actually doing it are two completely different things. It's like knowing the Nu match-up in BlazBlue, but never actually fighting her. In other words, I just wanted a training buddy.

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo this Ken has some dirty tech.

He super jumps to hide Koromaru's approach and crosses up the opponent to open them up the match start. Blew it up at the start of the round with 2A doe, still lost. Wish I was a better player.

What is annoying you about the matchup (and who do you play)?

Marie
Yukaris arrow goes through my eyeball, so I cant sit back and open presents, my air hits are too slow, and my only good ground normal is 5B in the matchup.

About the only thing I can do is sit back, IB arrows, then wait for an opportunity to sj over an arrow and j.C, but these are ridiculously infrequent since there is usually an orb in the way

abrack08

GGs Iceburg. I yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" so loud when I lost that last round. Really could have gone either way.

Can't believe I couldn't sprint forward and hit you without accidentally jumping after you whiffed like 3 DPs in a row at the end lol

FluxWaveZ

Only one left in round 2 is me, then. Still waiting on hao chi and irfaanator to have their round 1 match.

Edit: Ah, wait, nvm. Thought the above was referring to the tournament.

abrack08

Welp lost my match. Fucking reversal God Hand bodied me. GGs

Reversal God Hands are the best kinds of God Hands!

I probably would have won if my reversal God Hands came out too, kept fucking up inputs the whole match. Most of my damage came from autocombos

Top Bottom