• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

Xenoflare

Make Liz's shuffle time to deal actual damage.

Make her mudo/hama disappear when she's actually hit, blocking will not cancel the moves.

Reduce recovery for Diarahan. Slightly increase Mabufudyne range pre-awakening.

I have no idea why they decided to make Mind Charge A to not have blue health, why can't they just leave the skill untouched from it's P4A iteration?

Reduce Marge's persona card recovery speed, her P-break recovery speed is definitely faster per card compared to the others. The whole point of the drawback due to more persona cards is unfounded on her.

/rant, not serious of course.

I just want Liz to suck less.
and wow, been away for almost a month and the online definitely cooled down a bit, but that's normal.

Uraizen

Banned
Balance patch? Okay, Adachi needs a low, so let's give him one. Adachi volleyball doesn't last long enough either, so let's give him a minimum of three reps. I also hated that he didn't give the opponent rage without mandala buff, so let's make it so regular heat riser makes the opponent rage. He's also kind of slow for a cop, so let's make him as fast as when he lunges by default. Oh, and why the hell can't he teleport? Minazuki can teleport, why can't Adachi? Give Adachi a dive kick, too. I want it to ground bounce off of any hit with a ridiculous amount of untechable time.

Or just do whatever, I don't care. You always do weird shit, Arc. November is going to roll around, everybody will freak out about the changes, and then nothing will be the same sans some small changes in January.

hao chi

I've gotten fed up with this game and haven't played much over the past 6 weeks or so, so I really hope they do a great job with this patch and fix a lot of the issues I have with the game.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, though. Hope for the best, expect the worst, right?

Anne

I haven't played the game seriously in a bout a month myself. Maybe it'll get a bit better, although that's not even the thing limiting me atm.

Honestly my main problem with P4AU is character diversity, and a patch isn't going to rectify that. All I get online are Minazukis and Adachis, with a smaller portion of Yus with the occasional other character. Even if those three are nerfed to hell and back, I think most of the people who play them will continue to, for better or worse.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly my main problem with P4AU is character diversity, and a patch isn't going to rectify that. All I get online are Minazukis and Adachis, with a smaller portion of Yus with the occasional other character. Even if those three are nerfed to hell and back, I think most of the people who play them will continue to, for better or worse.

It might be the opponents you're facing, because out of the thousands of matches I've played, I've always seen a lot of diversity in the characters people choose to play. Yu is actually on the lower side of the characters I go up against, while Minazuki is definitely on the higher end.

Anne

90% of my public netplay matches are easily vs Minazuki and Adachi. Narukami sometimes. There are enough strong characters but those 2 attract a certain kind of player.

Anne

That's what happens when to you make a really easy/simple character really good. The execution for his bnbs is also braindead easy.

At least Azrael has links and a tighter reka timing.

Not even. Terumi is dogshit tier in BBCP but everybody and their mom plays him online. Angtsy boys gonna try and be edgy.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I also picked this up today after a month of not playing. Guess there's too much to play these days huh?

FluxWaveZ

I also picked this up today after a month of not playing. Guess there's too much to play these days huh?

Yeah... Smash is coming out next week, and I have to wonder how many players will be left once Xrd's out. That upcoming 2.00 patch should help sustain things in P4AU for a while, though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... Smash is coming out next week, and I have to wonder how many players will be left once Xrd's out. That upcoming 2.00 patch should help sustain things in P4AU for a while, though.
Xrd looming in the horizon is what made me go back. Even if I'm complete ass, I need to get more online time on this game before it becomes a ghost town.

Shouta

Entered an offline tournament last night, 3rd since the game release since I've been busy. Almost beat SG's Narukami but kinda borked my defense then lost in loser's. I did beat Spark like 6 or 7 to 4 in Casuals before the tournament against his Teddy. It definitely feels so good to play in person. It's so much easier to minutely control Ken's stuff.

FluxWaveZ

Im getting Xrd, and I'll play it, but I enjoy P4A and BB more than GG

Hm, I wonder if I'll also prefer P4A to Xrd. Haven't spent too much time with GG yet (though it's something I want to rectify real soon), but I'd like it if I could enjoy it, especially since Xrd will have a more active playerbase. The main reason why I'm not really into BB is because of its aesthetic.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, I wonder if I'll also prefer P4A to Xrd. Haven't spent too much time with GG yet (though it's something I want to rectify real soon), but I'd like it if I could enjoy it, especially since Xrd will have a more active playerbase. The main reason why I'm not really into BB is because of its aesthetic.
I used to be the same but BBCP was the game that finally got me hooked. If I were to rank my preferences, I would still say GG > P4A > BB. But who knows, with Xrd, BBCP 2.0, and P4AU 2.0 this might change a lot.

I love BB's aesthetic as well as I love the rest of the game...

I picked up BBCT on release day because I loved GG and trusted arc. It quickly became my favorite fighter. P4A was bought for the same reason, and I bought Persona 3 portable and later P4G because of P4A...

I really owe ASW a lot.

Surprising though, that I prefer the others more than GG since thats the one that got me started down the rabbit hole.

Xrd loses points for not having dizzy

Mdesilva

Went 2-2 at Absolute Battle 5 this past weekend. Decided to play as Margaret for some reason… but it went pretty well? Danke knocked me out of the tournament though, Aigis is too hard to block :(

Rhapsody

Banned
Went 2-2 at Absolute Battle 5 this past weekend. Decided to play as Margaret for some reason… but it went pretty well? Danke knocked me out of the tournament though, Aigis is too hard to block :(

2-2 while using Margaret (for some reason) is pretty good. Nice.

Tell me specifically what trouble you've been having against her, I've seen you complain about her zoning more than once
i know, I went over it with Flux a few pages back. I have trouble getting in between feather arrow's pushback and garu

I havent practiced since flux's suggestions, I just brought it up again because lordknight mentioned it as well

Andrefpvs

Guys, Adachi challenge #22.

I can't connect the first 2B. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do there -- Adachi always misses his kick by a little margin. Help, please :(

FluxWaveZ

Guys, Adachi challenge #22.

I can't connect the first 2B. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do there -- Adachi always misses his kick by a little margin. Help, please :(

It's just specific timing. That should be one of the easiest parts of that challenge; simply perform 2B immediately after the first 5B hit. If you wait even a little bit, the 2B won't connect. Also, you might not be doing the micro dash after the j.C, which you might need to do to put Adachi closer to the opponent.

Andrefpvs

It's just specific timing. That should be one of the easiest parts of that challenge; simply perform 2B immediately after the first 5B hit. If you wait even a little bit, the 2B won't connect. Also, you might not be doing the micro dash after the j.C, which you might need to do to put Adachi closer to the opponent.

Holy crap, the micro dash! That was it, it was just almost impossible to see in the challenge demonstration.

Thanks, Flux!

FluxWaveZ

Letting people block in either direction for confusion is a nerf I don't quite agree with.

Whoa, really? The purpose of confusion is practically nothing, now.

Looking up this stuff for myself now.

Edit: Huh, Shadows really got a straight up Burst, after all...

Edit 2: AoA no longer needs mashing!? Wha...

Anne

The changelist is pure comedic gold. Either this is a joketest or there are a million nerfs not listed on the list.

Rhapsody

Banned
The changelist is pure comedic gold. Either this is a joketest or there are a million nerfs not listed on the list.

I'm expecting the latter with a bit of the former of course.

I can't remember how P4U2's old loketest turned out (if the nerfs were exaggerated or just removed).

Nyoro SF

Wow they answered some of my requests regarding the Counter for Minazuki. Gotta see some of it in action of course and the massive unspoken nerfs applied to him.

PK Gaming

- Standard Axe Level is now Green. It's harder to get a high Axe Level to decrease
- When you counter opponent's move with Axe Slash its start-up will be faster, it's also harder to punish on block
- C or SB Weaver's Art: Beast increases Axe Level on hit

Labrys... Labrys might have a decent reversal now. And going from green > red axe is way easier now

bJaDHxx.png

It's too early to mark it, but i'm feeling pretty good about 2.0 Labrys

I think that point is a bit more complex than it seems. I think it's something like a C Persona attack can't get stuffed by an opponent's attack before the Persona actually appears on the screen.
still sounds amazing for marie, i dont know the frame data, but maries j.C seems active the moment the persona appears, if not then its only 1-2 frames difference. This would basically make any j normal get smashed instead of countering

Mdesilva

still sounds amazing for marie, i dont know the frame data, but maries j.C seems active the moment the persona appears, if not then its only 1-2 frames difference. This would basically make any j normal get smashed instead of countering
It wouldn't make much of a difference unless she tried doing it really close to the opponent. As far as I can tell, most Marie players use j.C as a safe jump or to get in, but not as an air-to-air or anything, seems like it's definitely too slow for that.

Shouta

Lots of changes on that list but probably not comprehensive. The ones that relate to me:

Ken and Koro had 3 changes listed on there.

- Mad Assault (his DP) had its start-up and recovery shortened, probably to make it more like a real DP.

- Added a hurtbox to Medirama

- Koromaru will only leave the screen after pressing and holding D instead of just on press.

- C-button Koromaru attacks will only activate after releasing the C-button instead of just pressing it. This does not include Koro related skills however.

Top Bottom