• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| It's SHO time!

On that note, I'm loving the changes they did they did to Aigis's gameplay. Her auto combo is excellent now, and the removal of double Megido fire + stronger options really opens up the gameplay.

I was in shock yesterday when i noticed Aigis had two new specials. Madness.

Yeah I find her fun to use but that execution barrier is too damn high for me and my awful execution. Shame too since she and Minazuki were the only characters I was really interested in. Hoping the DLC characters are fun too.

I was a little worried about adachi, as early videos didnt seem to portray him as a strong character. My opinion has changed drastically after playing Flux a few times however. Im sure Magaret is going OP. I think the real sleeper will be Marie.

thundr51

Ok, so I'm going to pick this up (already double dipped on p4a) should I go back to p4a to practice? I've heard that this plays differently.

incidentally, anybody doing a game share on this?

Dantis

Ok, so I'm going to pick this up (already double dipped on p4a) should I go back to p4a to practice? I've heard that this plays differently.

incidentally, anybody doing a game share on this?

Feels pretty different to me, yeah. Feels a lot more fluid.

FluxWaveZ

Few notes on the additional JP DL version content: it seems that Premium Avatars can only be used with the purchasing account, so the free avatars that came with the DL version can't be used on my main account, which sucks. Also, it seems that the P4AU theme randomly switches between a normal and Shadow version.

Bury

Neo Member
If anyone can help me on shadow rampage combos, it's this video that I'm having trouble with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IhnJTicPg and it's the first combo. I can get it down up to the 1st and 2nd and third double fangs part but when the 3rd one comes out and hits, she automatically goes into the aim stance. Is there something I'm missing? In the video after denpa does the 3rd double fangs he sweeps and then continues the combo. if it weren't for that aim stance I can continue. Anyone can shed some light onto that for me?

Mdesilva

Yukari is so much fun. Execution isn't easy, but not as hard as people made it out to be. Definitely sticking with her, yay.

Chie though… I dunno. May be the time I drop her.

PK Gaming

I've been fooling around with others. I'll probably stick to Aigis as a second, or possibly Yukari as a second. I've taken to Yukari pretty quickly. Four online games so far and I won all four.

On that note, I'm loving the changes they did they did to Aigis's gameplay. Her auto combo is excellent now, and the removal of double Megido fire + stronger options really opens up the gameplay.

Aigis still has access to double Megido Fire.

I'm actually really enjoying Chie right now. She was the only character I ever dropped in P4A but right now she's the only character I feel comfortable with. Removing her oki game made her a lot more fun to play. She feels more reactionary now as opposed to setplay-oriented, and she still hits like a truck with resources.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Cyberman65. Kanji has become way more aggravating to go against now compared to P4A, mostly because of his new auto-combo.

If anyone can help me on shadow rampage combos, it's this video that I'm having trouble with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IhnJTicPg and it's the first combo. I can get it down up to the 1st and 2nd and third double fangs part but when the 3rd one comes out and hits, she automatically goes into the aim stance. Is there something I'm missing? In the video after denpa does the 3rd double fangs he sweeps and then continues the combo. if it weren't for that aim stance I can continue. Anyone can shed some light onto that for me?

Huh, that is interesting. Not knowing much about Naoto right now, all I can think is that it's like some kind of j.double fangs > ground double fangs cancel that makes it so she doesn't initiate the stance, but that sounds weird.

Bury

Neo Member
GGs Cyberman65. Kanji has become way more aggravating to go against now compared to P4A, mostly because of his new auto-combo.

Huh, that is interesting. Not knowing much about Naoto right now, all I can think is that it's like some kind of j.double fangs > ground double fangs cancel that makes it so she doesn't initiate the stance, but that sounds weird.

Asked the guys on dustloop and it turns out you need to empty cancel SB trap so she doesn't do the stance and the traps won't come out so you can continue with sweep. So weird, i would have never guess it in a million years.

FluxWaveZ

Asked the guys on dustloop and it turns out you need to empty cancel SB trap so she doesn't do the stance and the traps won't come out so you can continue with sweep. So weird, i would have never guess it in a million years.

Empty cancel SB trap? I don't even know what that means; will have to try it myself in training mode to actually comprehend this.

Rhapsody

Banned
Empty cancel SB trap? I don't even know what that means; will have to try it myself in training mode to actually comprehend this.

Kara means empty. So generally it's just canceling the move on startup before any of the active frames come out.

So I guess input sweep as soon as you input the SB trap.

Guess Who

Banned
Ok, so just curious if anyone else has changed the default button configuration? Doesn't seem very stick friendly.

Move burst to R3, lest you accidentally trigger it all the time.

All out attack doesn't need to be bound to anything, X + square is simple enough to input anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Kara means empty. So generally it's just canceling the move on startup before any of the active frames come out.

So I guess input sweep as soon as you input the SB trap.

So this is that kara cancel stuff, huh. Inputting sweep before the SB trap's active frames would throw out a sweep and have the SB traps never come out and never even deplete SP... I see.

PK Gaming

So navigators are unlocked by beating all 4 score attack routes on risky with that particular character (EG: If you clear all of them with Yu, you get the Yu navigator). Its easier now that you can continue after a loss, but the enemies are still a pain.

Anyone/flux up to the challenge?

FluxWaveZ

So navigators are unlocked by beating all 4 score attack routes on risky with that particular character (EG: If you clear all of them with Yu, you get the Yu navigator). Its easier now that you can continue after a loss, but the enemies are still a pain.

I'm only going to be doing this for navigators I care about since there isn't a trophy related to finishing SA with all characters anymore.

Mdesilva

As much as I like the idea of a Yukari navigator... I dunno if I want my character cheering herself on. Maybe I'll try to mash through it with Junpei...

So, is this pretty much the easiest ASW game to unlock unlimited versions of the characters in? I mean, the only requirement here is beating arcade mode in the highest difficulty which honestly isn't even that hard. There's no time you're required to beat and you can continue as much as you want.

Honestly I'm not complaining but it still feels odd.

Nyoro SF

So, is this pretty much the easiest ASW game to unlock unlimited versions of the characters in? I mean, the only requirement here is beating arcade mode in the highest difficulty which honestly isn't even that hard. There's no time you're required to beat and you can continue as much as you want.

Honestly I'm not complaining but it still feels odd.

Fine by me. I bet Arcsys took a look at the number of people that unlocked boss characters in previous games and saw it was stupidly low. What's the point of making broken awesome characters if a tiny tiny percentage of your purchasing base can play them? Not calling you out or anything, just trying to think of ASW thought process.

Fine by me. I bet Arcsys took a look at the number of people that unlocked boss characters in previous games and saw it was stupidly low.

More like they saw that the unlimited characters dlc wasn't selling anyways even if that was the only way some people would ever be able to play them I bet :v

FluxWaveZ

I just finished all Risky Score Attack courses with Adachi, but didn't unlock him as a navigator. Has this method to unlock navigators actually been verified?

Pics_nao

Played my first couple of online games just now. Lost almost every single one of them. Well that's disheartening >_>

Uraizen

Banned
Played my first couple of online games just now. Lost almost every single one of them. Well that's disheartening >_>

To be fair, most of the people you had a playable connection with are probably very competent P4A players to begin with. I know I would get slammed if I were to play online right now. September should bring in more intermediate players.

hao chi

Someone tell me Rise sucks so I don't want to play this game.

I'm guessing somewhere from B to A- tier, but it's hard to say for sure since she's new and people are still figuring her out.

She's pretty fun though, and maybe she'll get buffed in a balance patch.

FSLink

Banned
Anybody game sharing this still? Saw more footage of it and now a friend of I and myself want in, lol.

EDIT: Found someone who was willing to gameshare with me. Maybe I'll grab Under Night In-Birth as well.

zoobzone

Finally got sometime to unbox my physical copy after taking the weekend off to watch Arc Revo.

P4U2 Limited Edition and MadCatz stick

B2 tapestry from WonderGoo

PS: Wheres the Wiping All Out BGM? I don't see it anywhere and I'm 100% sure it is there in the arcade version.

Top Bottom