• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

So I said I was going to ditch P3P after being 20 hours in, I just beat the 6th Shadow boss.

Any idea how much longer the game is? I keep reading/hearing that P4G is basically a much better version of the game and I already bought it.

Am I missing much just using the first 20 hours of P3P as practice for P4G?

So I said I was going to ditch P3P after being 20 hours in, I just beat the 6th Shadow boss.

Any idea how much longer the game is? I keep reading/hearing that P4G is basically a much better version of the game and I already bought it.

There is a shadow boss for each arcana, so you still have a while to go in P3P. That game is at it's best when it isn't rushed, just set it aside and play some P4 - if P4 hooks you, stay with it and play P3P later. These games don't have enough connection in story for consecutive completion to matter.

That depends on whether or not you actually care about the story... If you don't care about the story at all, then P4G is pretty much just a refined (better) version. But if you like 3's characters and story, you'd obviously want to continue playing...

Trigger

7 left, but lots of story. lol, I'm not one to encourage people to drop games, but if you're that interested in Golden maybe you should jump on over.

P90

P4G is better. That said, finish P3P (an awesome RPG on all accounts) then experience the all-time greatness that is P4G.

bigkrev

Whats the best way to raise Diligence? I'm in November, and while i've maxed out all the other stats, somehow i'm still a 3 in it.

Trigger

Hard is easier technically with all the improvements.

Whats the best way to raise Diligence? I'm in November, and while i've maxed out all the other stats, somehow i'm still a 3 in it.

Fold dem envelopes. There's a book that increases the Diligence gain from that. The soccer club also gives a small boost. I believe you can wash dishes at night too.

Tangeroo

I so suck at fishing. I read the fishing book, but still can't catch anything. Hopefully, some one else can help. :(

What you catch depends mostly on your bait but also the weather conditions/time of day. As there is no vibration to rely on, you have to wait for the bobber to *completely* submerge under water before attempting to reel the fish in. Once the fish is hooked, try to keep the arrow in the middle of the meter on the bottom of the screen using the left analog nub. While in the middle, tap/hold the circle button to reel the fish closer. If you are not in the safe zone while hitting circle, the fish will retaliate. Too many flubs and the fish will escape.

Chris R

Could someone spoil me as to what the benefits of fishing actually are? Need to know if I should bother with it at all or not.

P90

What you catch depends mostly on your bait but also the weather conditions/time of day. As there is no vibration to rely on, you have to wait for the bobber to *completely* submerge under water before attempting to reel the fish in. Once the fish is hooked, try to keep the arrow in the middle of the meter on the bottom of the screen using the left analog nub. While in the middle, tap/hold the circle button to reel the fish closer. If you are not in the safe zone while hitting circle, the fish will retaliate. Too many flubs and the fish will escape.

How do you right it if it is too far left or right?

Bullza2o

I'm 55 hours in P3P spoiler month (quite late, I think)
January, after all the intense drama happened
, and I placed it on hold until after I beat P4G.

I'm 30 hours in P4G, 4th dungeon. I can say I got hooked on P4G a lot more so far.

Could someone spoil me as to what the benefits of fishing actually are? Need to know if I should bother with it at all or not.

I think that
you need fish in order to trade with the shrine ghost for high end gems used in getting cosmetic and EXP+50% weapons. The "legendary fish" quest may also be in this game, and might require fishing mastery - that I don't know for sure.

TheGrue

I have The Lovely Man and am trying to read it on the sofa, but it won't let me. I have two other books as well, that it will let me read. Lovely Man has gray squares for the chapters, but the other two have red squares. Why wouldn't it allow me to read this book? I really want to raise my Courage to go into shrine at night. :(

Bullza2o

I have The Lovely Man and am trying to read it on the sofa, but it won't let me. I have two other books as well, that it will let me read. Lovely Man has gray squares for the chapters, but the other two have red squares. Why wouldn't it allow me to read this book? I really want to raise my Courage to go into shrine at night. :(

You already finished it? Iirc that's one of the first books available in the store.

I'm worried that if I play this game I won't make the right social links and won't be able to get the right personas and won't be able to a beat boss and then I'll be stuck forever. But I heard on the Giant Bomb podcast that in this new version, you can see a list that shows what percentage of people did what activity on what days. Is this true? Does it show a percentage for every day? If I do the same thing that the biggest percentage of people did, will I be able to pass the game? My worst fear is not being able to progress because I didn't get the right persona.

Trigger

I'm worried that if I play this game I won't make the right social links and won't be able to get the right personas and won't be able to a beat boss and then I'll be stuck forever. But I heard on the Giant Bomb podcast that in this new version, you can see a list that shows what percentage of people did what activity on what days. Is this true? Does it show a percentage for every day? If I do the same thing that the biggest percentage of people did, will I be able to pass the game? My worst fear is not being able to progress because I didn't get the right persona.

Hm? That will never happen. It's like pokemon in that having the right persona for the right occasion helps, but you'll never be truly screwed over by your choices.

You finished it. I've never seen the books in red though. Are the skills related to them maxed?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm so glad I can put the system to sleep at any time. I wouldn't have the time to finish an RPG like this these days otherwise.

pyrandes

I dont think its a percentage from what I saw, but you can get an idea of the more popular options utilized on any given day (the more popular the activity, the more text bubbles when you view this option). Itll give you an idea at least.

Ive been working on a spreadsheet myself to see what activities I can do and what Id give up. This will be more useful on a 2nd run tho, since Ill be able to plan accordingly.

You're Trent Strong, not Trent Weak! :p

Yes, the daily percentage/popular pick is good bet, but you can mix it up and play the links you want because this game is not hard. I'm using the starting Persona (Izunagi) and some random other ones that I made with some nice skills that I bought. I don't know what the "right" personae are, I just make ones that are around my level and try to keep group healing skills. Maybe this would matter on Very Hard.

This OT is pretty active so any time you are stumped, just ask for advice.

Hm? That will never happen. It's like pokemon in that having the right persona for the right occasion helps, but you'll never be truly screwed over by your choices.

You finished it. I've never seen the books in red though. Are the skills related to them maxed?

I dont think its a percentage from what I saw, but you can get an idea of the more popular options utilized on any given day (the more popular the activity, the more text bubbles when you view this option). Itll give you an idea at least.

Ive been working on a spreadsheet myself to see what activities I can do and what Id give up. This will be more useful on a 2nd run tho, since Ill be able to plan accordingly.

You're Trent Strong, not Trent Weak! :p

Yes, the daily percentage/popular pick is good bet, but you can mix it up and play the links you want because this game is not hard. I'm using the starting Persona (Izunagi) and some random other ones that I made with some nice skills that I bought. I don't know what the "right" personae are, I just make ones that are around my level and try to keep group healing skills. Maybe this would matter on Very Hard.

This OT is pretty active so any time you are stumped, just ask for advice.

Ah, that's good. Thanks.

Dantis

Reasonably far in now. I still stand by all the complaints I made before, from the Japanese release, but some of the minor stuff is handy. And even though I don't care for most of the new content... Persona 4. Man. Best ever.

Also, I forgot how good Marie's theme was. Character themes for P5 please.

Doombear

You get the hook from her fish, after giving her a tiny tomato I think?

Take the hook to the old man on the waterfront, he will give you the fishing pole.

Doombear

You give her a bug. You can get a bug from talking to the kid at the Shrine during the day.

Oh right sorry, you give him a random vending machine drink he wants for the bug. Tiny Tomatoes come from the woman in the lobby of Junes? It has been a blur the last week just diving into this beautiful game.

Reasonably far in now. I still stand by all the complaints I made before, from the Japanese release, but some of the minor stuff is handy. And even though I don't care for most of the new content... Persona 4. Man. Best ever.

Also, I forgot how good Marie's theme was. Character themes for P5 please.

Kickin' it old school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx_UPCeAfnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIbX-LwpFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnK24tgMc1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2jg8oCD-Rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rn8SxFHJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHEedtOkrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLMnCukhKiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLALzjt3NFY

Venfayth

Oh right sorry, you give him a random vending machine drink he wants for the bug. Tiny Tomatoes come from the woman in the lobby of Junes? It has been a blur the last week just diving into this beautiful game.

Yup, and eventually you just buy seeds from her to grow your own stuff :3

Noi

JAXVILLE, FL, United States 11/21/2012 Package transferred to local post office

Sigh. I'm gonna have to call UPS in the morning cause the estimated delivery date was 3 days ago and it's still in Florida. This is getting ridiculous.

Varna

Yup... SOS is a bit OP. I was getting tons of extra SP in the third dungeon. Made is incredibly easy to finish the dungeon in a day.

SerRodrik

Man, reading through this thread reminds me how much I love Persona 4, and how much I want them to just announce Persona 5 for crying out loud!

Astra

SoS sucks for me. I would answer a bunch of calls for help, and then when I get into battle, I'd have maybe one person who answered mine.

Edit: Post 5,000! Woo!

Top Bottom