• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sure they do, I order there all the time. Only takes a week or so to arrive too.

Okay, weird. It doesn't say anything to that effect on their information page on shipping (only mentions shipping costs to USA and Canada, wanted to check beforehand what the shipping costs and ETA were like). Good to know though.

I'm one of those guys who only watched the P4 Endurance Run on Giant Bomb and never played the actual game.

5GYLll.jpg

Courage boost be damned, anyone who would eat the pudding is a monster.
Agreed.

There HAS to be a game connected to what happened in P4A though. It would be lame to drop hints like that only to have them never happen

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't think there are any. The Vincent thing was pretty easily accessible.

Also, why has nobody mentioned the P3 reference in the coffee shop? Blew my mind.

I just caught it yesterday when I finally went there.

Of course, that's also when you can get skill cards from your personae. Speaking of which, when do they give them to you when they are next to that skill anyway?

And what's this "spark" I need to get further along with Marie. I just started July so I assume that something happens along the way.

Syrinx

So last night I discovered that
after Yosuke gets his scooter fixed, if you don't have him in battle, he can once in a while come in ON HIS BIKE after you've laid a critical hit and DEAL ONE HIMSELF WITH HIS SCOOTER!
This game is so awesome.

P90

Direct Control. All Day, Everyday.

I sometimes put on the AI control when I'm being lazy, but never for bosses.

I did that for the PS2 version. I went AI for P4G and I am loving it.

Also, Twin Dragons! Whenever I see that animation I, curiously, get a nose bleed. ;)

after Yosuke gets his scooter fixed, if you don't have him in battle, he can once in a while come in ON HIS BIKE after you've laid a critical hit and DEAL ONE HIMSELF WITH HIS SCOOTER!
This game is so awesome.

Chie does that for me instead of Yosuke. But yeah, it is awesome.

Trigger

This game is so awesome.

How does someone trigger this? I've never had someone pull that off yet in my game.

Chavelo

This game is so awesome.

WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS?

I NEED TO PLAY THE GAME. NOW. :(

Now that the game has been out more than a week has Atlus mentioned how it is doing sales wise like they did with Catherine? Hope it's doing well!

bigkrev

This game is so awesome.

I just had this happen with Yukiko a few minutes ago. Not sure where you have to be in the S-link for this to trigger (I'm max with her fwiw). It is indeed pretty awesome

Dantis

There HAS to be a game connected to what happened in P4A though. It would be lame to drop hints like that only to have them never happen

Mmm, wait until you see the Golden Epilogue. It acknowledges Arena to the very bare minimum.

At most, I think it will be an Arena sequel.

Ken

Does taking a long ride on the motorcycle after discovering Okina city discover anything new or does it just increase your courage?

How do you date a girl? Just talk to them a lot or is it related to S. link?

Should I spend a day or two grinding in completed dungeons for my member's weapons? I feel kind of underleveled.

Golbez

Near the end of their S. Link you can initate it. Then you'll never talk to them again.

Does anyone know if Death still always levels up regardless of if you have the right Persona or what you say?

Trigger

Does taking a long ride on the motorcycle after discovering Okina city discover anything new or does it just increase your courage?

Should I spend a day or two grinding in completed dungeons for my member's weapons? I feel kind of underleveled.

1) Yes, once you've run out of places to explore the game will say as much and you'll lose the option to discover places.

2) Yep. There are holiday events with your chosen girl.

3) No, not really. Weapons aren't that big a deal. IMO, personae are more important in the long run.

Ken

3) No, not really. Weapons aren't that big a deal. IMO, personae are more important in the long run.

I wanted to redo dungeons less for the weapons and more for just experience. Will I ever feel like I'm too underleveled? My character is level 29 and I just completed
Rise's
dungeon.

Trigger

I wanted to redo dungeons less for the weapons and more for just experience. Will I ever feel like I'm too underleveled? My character is level 29 and I just completed
Rise's
dungeon.

Just focus on the social stuff for now. Your level is fine for where you're at, and I think the next dungeon will require more grinding anyway. Better to do it in a dungeon with higher exp rewards.

pyrandes

Also, Twin Dragons! Whenever I see that animation I, curiously, get a nose bleed. ;)

I had this special happen to me last night. It was freaking rad and left me wondering how I triggered and if there are others. I dont remember these from the PS2 version either.

P90

I had this special happen to me last night. It was freaking rad and left me wondering how I triggered and if there are others. I dont remember these from the PS2 version either.

They weren't there. Just Atlus delivering on and improving one of the best games of all time.
Except for new Chie's voice. :( YMMV

I think there was a Naoto/Kanji team attack mentioned a few pages back. Cool beans, but no nosebleed.

They weren't there. Just Atlus delivering on and improving one of the best games of all time.

I think there was a Naoto/Kanji team attack mentioned a few pages back. Cool beans, but no nosebleed.

why are you nosebleeding in the first place

pyrandes

I figured Naoto/Kanji had one... Made too much sense
to ship those two together
. Makes me wonder if
Youske and Teddie
have one as well :).

P90

I figured Naoto/Kanji had one... Made too much sense
to ship those two together
. Makes me wonder if
Youske and Teddie
have one as well :).

I wonder what would happen if Rise or
Naoto
jumped in.
Nose bleed geyser.
That said, I do have a soft spot for Yumi. I'd be totally cool with her jumping in.

http://dwellingintheword.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/3-old_faithful.jpg

I'd like to see a Kanji/Teddie/Yosuke/Yu special combo. Bros doing beer cheers.

mollipen

This game is so awesome.

No, that's not awesome–it's an example of what I hate about P4G. As great as most of it is, a few elements such as this are just so utterly stupid.

Top Bottom