• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jae

Conflicted about who to romance next (Yukiko is my GF now). I have Chie's S. Link at 7 and now that I'm actually interacting with Rise at school, she's... kind of... annoying.

I was ready to go all in with Rise until I got her text about the movies. Her spelling is a deal breaker. I ended up staying with Ayane :|

Everyday is great at your Junes ♪

a12697_z1.jpg

<3

JJD

He's the least popular P4 cast member and is considered a joke character. Never going to happen. :(

Awww man...how can this be possible? I was joking about the spin off but is he really the least popular? I like everyone so far, they're all likable and funny but Kanji is just...he's just special! Lol!

I just saved him, but I doubt Rise or anyone else are going to surpass him for me!

Maybe he's the least liked beacuse of the
homosexual connotations/jokes
? So fucking what? Even if he turns out to be, he's still a badass!

I still don't know who I'm taking out of my team when I go to dungeons. I rescue people on just one day, and frankly I was thinking of replacing Yukiko with Kanji. But since she is the team best healer I still don't know. It's going to be either Yosuke or Chie, probably Yosuke beacuse even though I like him he just not as interesting as Chie.

You know what? Fuck it! I'm replacing Yukiko. I finished the bath house and saved Kanji at lvl. 41. Izanagi is almost lvl. 60 now since I use it almost exclusively. I'm having a easy time at the dungeons on this game at normal. I'll just run without a dedicated healer. Hopefully Yosuke and the MC will manage the healing necessities! I killed Yukiko's Castle secret boss the second time I went there on my first try pretty easily!

I'll probably date Yukiko if it's possible since I always fall for the pretty girls, so I'll just let her on the sidelines on the dungeons out of harm's way! Lol!

Truth be told, if I could make the MC date Kanji I would probably do that just to see what hilarious stuff would happen!!! Lolololo!
Can't believe I said that! Hahaha!
I love this game!

BearPawB

Banned
What are peoples go to party members? No spoilers past
naoto
please

Ive been running with
MC, Yukiko, Kanji, and Yosuke
Yosuke is my most worthless member (his wind spells haven't gained strength quickly enough. But i can't get rid of him.

Awww man...how can this be possible? I was joking about the spin off but is he really the least popular? I like everyone so far, they're all likable and funny but Kanji is just...he's just special! Lol!

I just saved him, but I doubt Rise or anyone else are going to surpass him for me!

Maybe he's the least liked beacuse of the
homosexual connotations/jokes
? So fucking what? Even if he turns out to be, he's still a badass!

I still don't know who I'm taking out of my team when I go to dungeons. I rescue people on just one day, and frankly I was thinking of replacing Yukiko with Kanji. But since she is the team best healer I still don't know. It's going to be either Yosuke or Chie, probably Yosuke beacuse even though I like him he just not as interesting as Chie.

You know what? Fuck it! I'm replacing Yukiko. I finished the bath house and saved Kanji at lvl. 41. Izanagi is almost lvl. 60 now since I use it almost exclusively. I'm having a easy time at the dungeons on this game at normal. I'll just run without a dedicated healer. Hopefully Yosuke and the MC will manage the healing necessities! I killed Yukiko's Castle secret boss the second time I went there on my first try pretty easily!

I'll probably date Yukiko if it's possible since I always fall for the pretty girls, so I'll just let her on the sidelines on the dungeons out of harm's way! Lol!

Truth be told, if I could make the MC date Kanji I would probably do that just to see what hilarious stuff would happen!!! Lolololo!
Can't believe I said that! Hahaha!
I love this game!

His humor just doesn't work out at all, other than the beach scene. Most of his lines aren't funny because they're all "lol, amigayornot!?!?!Lolololol". It's just not funny at all to me.

I apologize for the slightly off-topic post, but I figure most persona fans will be hanging out here anyway :)

Portable, or the FES version available on P3. I know that GAF thinks the portable version is much inferior to the FES version, but I am not sure why.

I definitely recommend FES over p3p as the definitive version of the game...But, you're loving persona right? So play both. Start with FES to experience the game optimally, then play p3p so you can see new content and femmc.

The not controlling your supporting characters in P3 thing was never the big deal for me that it is for most other people. In a way, it kind of made those social link relationships feel more real because you were like, hoping that your ally would back you up and do what you want, rather than mind controlling him/her, but they are their own person so they'll do their own thing.

But I also don't find the games very challenging in general, so if you think the games are tough, maybe you should follow your instincts and stick with full party control there.

I also love navigating and exploring these charming persona worlds. When I was in college I stayed in a co-ed style dorm style building that was an ancient building with a dodgy carpet pattern... the dorm the P3 crew live in gave me intense flashback because it has a really similar "old building" vibe! I found a lot of cool things there and in the surrounding city. If exploring through Inaba's locales in P4 really isn't doing anything for you at all and wish you could just skip to everywhere, maybe p3p would be the way to go.

JJD

I apologize for the slightly off-topic post, but I figure most persona fans will be hanging out here anyway :)

I am loving Persona 4. So much so that I want to try the others.

Persona 3:
Portable, or the FES version available on P3. I know that GAF thinks the portable version is much inferior to the FES version, but I am not sure why.

From what I understand:
* portable looks worse, and does not have the anime cutscene (but i could youtube them!)
* You don't navigate in the world, but choose from a menu whom to talk to. This hardly sounds like a problem to me? A big fear of mine in P4 at first was to miss 'interactable' items/people. That way I know I am not missing anything. Makes it a bit more artificial, maybe, but hardly sounds like a dealbreaker?
* P3P lets you control all characters. That sounds pretty major in support of P3P to me?
* Portable does not have FES, I presume?
* I am probably missing other cons of the portable version (so please tell me what they are!)
* playing the game on the vita would be thoroughly awesome. I wish the vita would support the PS2 emulated games.

So, GAF... which do I play???

Persona 1-2: From what I understand, they are grindfest (I like hard RPGs, but I hate grinding, so this sounds very bad to me). Should I skip? play with a hacked savegame, if such a thing exist?
How do I come to terms with the fact innocent sin is not on PSP ? :)

I'll just give my 2 cents, but there's probably more qualified people to help you here.

I tried P3P as soon as I got my Vita some months ago and frankly I didn't like it. I lost interest pretty quickly and dropped the game.

I'm fucking glad I tried 4 because I'm loving it. I still don't know what went wrong with P3P that made me not enjoy the game but I suspect it's the weaker story (admittedly I played less than 10 hours so I just can't fairly judge it) and the fact that you can't control the MC directly on the social stuff. You still get the cutscenes but all exploration is done by static figures and a on screen cursor.

The only thing P3P has over FES IMO is the battle mechanics which borrow from a lot of the innovations introduced on P4. I believe that's not going to be a problem for me since I always loved the dungeon crawling side of the game so I believe I'll just get over it.

After the revelation that P4 has been, I plan to try P3 again, but this time I'll go with the PS2 P3 FES version. It's available on the PSN Store so I'll just buy it.

I made a post about this just a couple hours ago, it's probably on the previous page.

Again, that's just my opinion and I'm sure there's more qualified people here to help you out.

Bullza2o

LOL, Kanji's my dude, but no thanks. Specifically I want to know who people prefer to date: Rise or Chie?

I'm only level 3 with Rise compared to 6 with Chie, and I prefer Rise so far.

However, Rise is already too overpowered and getting more s.link skills would further strengthen her OPness. Heck why not go for both haha.

Kyon

Banned

I am loving Persona 4. So much so that I want to try the others.

Persona 3:

From what I understand:
* portable looks worse, and does not have the anime cutscene (but i could youtube them!)
* You don't navigate in the world, but choose from a menu whom to talk to. This hardly sounds like a problem to me? A big fear of mine in P4 at first was to miss 'interactable' items/people. That way I know I am not missing anything. Makes it a bit more artificial, maybe, but hardly sounds like a dealbreaker?
* P3P lets you control all characters. That sounds pretty major in support of P3P to me?
* Portable does not have FES, I presume?
* I am probably missing other cons of the portable version (so please tell me what they are!)
* playing the game on the vita would be thoroughly awesome. I wish the vita would support the PS2 emulated games.

So, GAF... which do I play???

Persona 1-2: From what I understand, they are grindfest (I like hard RPGs, but I hate grinding, so this sounds very bad to me). Should I skip? play with a hacked savegame, if such a thing exist?
How do I come to terms with the fact innocent sin is not on PSP ? :)

DONT BUY P3P its COMPLETE TRASH. Also you will feel the LESSOR effect when you jump from Golden to P3P. If you have a PS3 get FES instead you will love it almost as much as P4 and its only 9.99 compared to the $19.99 P3P downgraded atrocity

Kanji swings a folding chair and doesn't fraid of anything
except Yukiko
!

And Shigenori Soejima is the high point for art in current games.

It's his methodology and the background for the characters that's so strong. Their forms are more like manifestations of a much larger background.

The crown still rests with Kaneko though, whereever he is...

Kyon

Banned
They should remake do an FES vita edition with the P3P extras added in. It would be an actual good persona game

Kyon

Banned
Persona 3 FES Portable Platinum Edition.

Edit: Curse you Armada!

Curse youuuuuuuu

Oh my god, we're on the same wavelength! <3

Bless! with added anime cutscenes and other extras plz i would buy 20 copies
52b0f867.gif

;-)

Would be nice, but I really just want them to focus on P5 100% right now. Its been 5 years since P4 now. Back then when I bought my PS3, I never would have thought that in 2012 I still wouldn't have even seen the 1st image of P5 yet.

i want more Social Link features PLEASE! I want text messaging system like Catherine. I want alternate endings for Max Social links

and most of all SAME SEX S.L!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT here for me not being able to have Kanji be my Boyfriend. A CRIME tbh

Excellent, max links with: That Nurse, Chie, Yosuke, Yukiko, Rise, Dojima, Nanako, Dem Athletes

Almost max with: Yumi, The Fox, Marie.

Level three with Adachi, Kanji, Naoki, Eri

Gave up on Ai because I thought she was a blow-hard. Wish I could have done more with Adachi.

Still have some time left to go, but not sure how much anymore.

Ponn

Banned
The correct answer is Rise.

*highfive* I can tell Yukiko wants me but I keep shooting her down waiting for Rise.

Yukiko: "Um..erm..will you walk me home Jerk-kun?"

Jerk: "Would you go hook up with Chie already and leave me alone! I got vegetables to harvest"

Kyon

Banned
If they do a ton of different animated endings the way catherine did, based on your max SL ...that would be incredible. But I don't expect that.

expect it tbh. Catherine was nothing more than a psuedo next gen persona tech demo

EDIT: Bless Wuthering ;__; ive only ever played the demo for Catherine. I have yet to get the actual game RIP

I was looking up a FAQ and I found this thing that somebody said four years ago:

I have no idea if there will be a Persona 5 however Atlus has officially announced that there will not be a Persona 4 FES. Not entirely sure why but I'm thinking it's because people were annoyed that they had to buy an entire new version of Persona 3 for the extra content.

Ok, so I figured out, after many years of not knowing, that Agility increases your Persona's chance to hit and evade attacks :/

I wish somebody could breakdown percentages on a point per point basis. We need more numbers-people in the community.

Thoraxes

Thanks for the advice guys. I will start with P3 FES. Still not sure what the problem is with P3P though :) - besides the exploration and missing anime.

Those two things are basically the only problems. Game is fine otherwise (and P3 is my second fav. after IS/EP) , and is more accessible to people due to actual party control.

Those two things are basically the only problems. Game is fine otherwise (and P3 is my second fav. after IS/EP) , and is more accessible to people due to actual party control.

I dunno man, seeing Lizzie run around and do her things. Lizzie sliding down that slide. Shinji head butting that guy in the teeth. Lizzie pouring those coins in the fountain. That stuff was neat :)

Golbez

a7sk4l.jpg

Eh... I don't know about this. Is Arrow Rain really better? It's 1-2 Heavy hits compared to 2-4 Medium hits. I just saved so I can go back and undo this, but I'd have to avoid the Magician card for a while and I'd rather not.

a7sk4l.jpg

Eh... I don't know about this. Is Arrow Rain really better? It's 1-2 Heavy hits compared to 2-4 Medium hits. I just saved so I can go back and undo this, but I'd have to avoid the Magician card for a while and I'd rather not.

With Sakukaja and/or ATK buff, 2-4 Medium Hits is much better than 1-2 Heavy, not to mention that Arrow Rain costs like, 23% HP?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
a7sk4l.jpg

It's better than Chocolate Rain.

Varna

Thanks for the advice guys. I will start with P3 FES. Still not sure what the problem is with P3P though :) - besides the exploration and missing anime.

That's all that's missing really. The animation for the anime scenes is pretty damn terrible too. I would say you should reconsider since the female MC is written SO MUCH BETTER then the original MC. I cannot stress that enough. I have no idea why people make such a big deal about being able to "explore" the world map. I mean, it's the same thing for the entire game. By about the half way point most people are just using the quick travel menu to get around anyways since they are tired of walking everywhere. Or making the rounds through each corridor to check for new quest.

I think the 2D overworld works great. Love the sprite work too. Wish they had done the entire game in that style. P3P has all the conveniences from P4 as well.

OH yeah, people with fight me about it. But the answer is TERRIBLE. Complete destroys the ambiguity in P3's ending.

Kyon

Banned
That's all that's missing really. The animation for the anime scenes is pretty damn terrible too. I would say you should reconsider since the female MC is written SO MUCH BETTER then the original MC. I cannot stress that enough. I have no idea why people make such a big deal about being able to "explore" the world map. I mean, it's the same thing for the entire game. By about the half way point most people are just using the quick travel menu to get around anyways since they are tired of walking everywhere. Or making the rounds through each corridor to check for new quest.

I think the 2D overworld works great. Love the sprite work too. Wish they had done the entire game in that style. P3P has all the conveniences from P4 as well.

OH yeah, people with fight me about it. But the answer is TERRIBLE. Complete destroys the ambiguity in P3's ending.

i dont care about the answer. But P3P is a soul-less husk of a persona game. Dont pretend it isnt after playing FES and P4G

Top Bottom