• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I love the amount of content the game has, haven't started story mode yet and don't plant to for the coming weeks due to backlog. But I love how you can see trailers of P4, P3 and other stuff.

Varna

Man... got myself into a bad spot. Hit the top of dungeon 4 so I wanted to save before I attempted it. Out of warp items though. Now i gotta back down 9 levels with a pretty beat up party... of course on my way down I run into and defeat 2 groups of golden hands... death just around the corner I bet.

Man... got myself into a bad spot. Hit the top of dungeon 4 so I wanted to save before I attempted it. Out of warp items though. Now i gotta back down 9 levels with a pretty beat up party... of course on my way down I run into and defeat 2 groups of golden hands... death just around the corner I bet.

If I was at dungeon 4 I would have been able to repeatedly rescue you :(

Yes, it is too strong to fight right after the castle. Defeating the boss nets you an exclusive weapon. Do not forget to talk to Yosuke and return to the Shadow Liquor Shop to pick up his exclusive wrenches and the quest alcohol Mori Ranmaru.

Not for me, brah! At least when I lucked out on my third (and planned final) try and beat him before he went all rampage on my ass.

Not for me, brah! At least when I lucked out on my third (and planned final) try and beat him before he went all rampage on my ass.

So lucky. He rampages like 4/5 turns into the thing for me and everyone instantly dies at full health while my entire team is Rakukaja'd and he is Tarunda'd

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Took me like 40 minutes in battle to did it but I finally beat Rise's dungeon second boss. Asshole took a thousand hits to defeat.

Dantis

Secret Base boss, and I'm level 81.

Think that's high enough? >_>

I'm going to have reached the cap by November at this rate, lol.

Trigger

Think that's high enough? >_>

I'm going to have reached the cap by November at this rate, lol.

and I'm level 81.

igZfjn34kUCFI.gif

I'm about to start the true ending stuff and I'm still not level 80 yet.

Dantis

I'll just remind everyone that I'm on Very Easy, so I'm getting super EXP.

Chie took 1400 HP off the boss in one hit. It was neat.

Golbez

On Very Easy (or a New Game+), with the entire game on Fast Forward... how quickly do you think someone could get through it? 15 hours? Less?

Dantis

On Very Easy (or a New Game+), with the entire game on Fast Forward... how quickly do you think someone could get through it? 15 hours? Less?

Well, I'm 27 hours in, barely skipped anything, level 82 and in mid-September.

So probably quite fast.

Has anyone found the
Dojima outfit
for the protagonist yet?

I had it in the Japanese one. I thibk you get it in January.

Squire

Banned
Golden Hands + Shuffle Time = Best ever.

90k EXP!

And ridiculous $$$. I love that they put an easy setting in this. Fighting is fun, but I've just eliminated the grind completely. Let's me get to the meat.
Chie would be proud.

bigkrev

What SLinks are you not allowed to do (late game)
after beating Adachi in December? I just got access to the dungeon and want to know if I should wait and finish some links

I've been listening to the OST for a bit and I feel that P3's music is stronger than P4's overall. That's not to say P4 doesn't have great tracks, though. If only P4G had some of the reincarnation versions. Heaven's reincarnation version is just amazing.

Omikaru

Regarding beating it in 15 hours or so, I just don't think this game would be at all fun on a speedrun. I think 90% of the joy of Persona 4 is getting absorbed in the world. I actually find the battle sides merely a mildly fun necessity to the social side.

Also, I'm at about lv 51 for my MC at the
Void Quest
dungeon. My lowest is probably Yukiko at lv 42, but I'm going to grind with her, Broske and Chie (44 and 47 respectively) and get Yukiko to 46 or so before I take on the dungeon's boss.

Why? Why not. I guess I'm over-leveled at this point in the game, but I remember this boss being a fucking arsehole, so I'm not taking any chances.

I've been listening to the OST for a bit and I feel that P3's music is stronger than P4's overall. That's not to say P4 doesn't have great tracks, though. If only P4G had some of the reincarnation versions. Heaven's reincarnation version is just amazing.
Largely agreed. I also think it'd be amazing if you could change tracks in the game with the Reincarnation versions.

"I think 90% of the joy of Persona 4 is getting absorbed in the world. I actually find the battle sides merely a mildly fun necessity to the social side."

I will never understand this kind of thing. I think the Social Links are great in how you feel the effect of them in battle and stuff. Without one or the other, both the social side and the battle side would be sort of meh in persona 4's case. They are two parts of a whole.

Trigger

What SLinks are you not allowed to do (late game)
after beating Adachi in December? I just got access to the dungeon and want to know if I should wait and finish some links

You only have
From early January until Feb 14 (with the new dungeon the day before). The game skips to March after that. I'd suggest clearing the dungeon without beating Adachi. level your social links and then advance the game. Only Marie is a must max before December's end.

Omikaru

"I think 90% of the joy of Persona 4 is getting absorbed in the world. I actually find the battle sides merely a mildly fun necessity to the social side."

I will never understand this kind of thing. I think the Social Links are great in how you feel the effect of them in battle and stuff. Without one or the other, both the social side and the battle side would be sort of meh in persona 4's case. They are two parts of a whole.

I agree, and the game would be worse without them, which is why I called them a mildly fun necessity. It's not like they're dragging the game down, but I prefer the SLink side of the game.

Without each other, both sides would be rather hollow.

Varna

Requesting a slight spoiler... do they actually give yo a whole year? In P3 they say a year, but a huge chunk of time is taken away while you are playing and they don't even give you 12 months.

Everyone entitled to an opinion. But Persona 3/4 can be summed up in one saying... "Greater then the sum of it's parts." Each gameplay element taking individually is pretty mediocre.

Trigger

Requesting a slight spoiler... do they actually give yo a whole year? In P3 they say a year, but a huge chunk of time is taken away while you are playing and they don't even give you 12 months.

No. I feel like I deserve a full year too, but there's more time than P3.

I agree, and the game would be worse without them, which is why I called them a mildly fun necessity. It's not like they're dragging the game down, but I prefer the SLink side of the game.

Without each other, both sides would be rather hollow.

Though, Persona 2 is my favorite....*shrug*

Trigger

So... how long?
Was really hoping they used the whole calendar :(

The game will skip part of December (depending on your actions) and you don't get all of February or March. This isn't taking into account the time that events eat up. Not bad honestly, but I'm still fussy because I didn't finish the whole group's social links. I missed Naoto and Yosuke this playthrough.

I found Persona 2 to be a chore.

I'm definitely a fan of the newer Persona games, and not the older ones.

That is fine, Persona 2 IS a chore, the psp version of Innocent Sin espeially, but those two games are always gonna be my favorite of the series....unless P5 pulls out all the stops somehow on character and story writing.

Omikaru

The game will skip part of December (depending on your actions) and you don't get all of February or March. This isn't taking into account the time that events eat up. Not bad honestly, but I'm still fussy because I didn't finish the whole group's social links. I missed Naoto and Yosuke this playthrough.

Wait, it still
skips December if you beat Adachi/eyeball thing early
? Guess I'll hold off on that fight until the very last moment, then.

A shame that it skips February and March too. So basically you only have 1 month extra in the game compared to vanilla P4?

dEvAnGeL

anyone knows if this game runs at native resolution? ive been spoiled by playing to much all stars battle royale and sound shapes, went back to uncharted and now i can tell what people were saying about uncharted GA looking kinda blurry

Omikaru

anyone knows if this game runs at native resolution? ive been spoiled by playing to much all stars battle royale and sound shapes, went back to uncharted and now i can tell what people were saying about uncharted GA looking kinda blurry

It's close to native, if I remember correctly. It's not as low as something like Uncharted or Gravity Daze.

Curufinwe

I just bought the game on PSN and it's downloading now. I'll wait till next yeat to get a 32 GB card since it will fit with room to spare on the 4 GB card that came in the AC3 Liberation bundle.

Trigger

Wait, it still
skips December if you beat Adachi/eyeball thing early
? Guess I'll hold off on that fight until the very last moment, then.

A shame that it skips February and March too. So basically you only have 1 month extra in the game compared to vanilla P4?

Yes, it still skips. I cleared the dungeon and waited until the 22nd to beat the boss. Since you don't get all of January (only about 3 weeks if I remember correctly) and the first week of Feb. An extra month is right.

Squire

Banned

Ah, I see. I probably won't finish everyone's either, but I'm pretty sure I'm starting over immediately after.

Trigger

What if P5 was a mix of the systems of p2 and p4....but obviously leanin more towards p4...with a bunch of new stuff...*shrug*

I wouldn't mind some of P2's mechanics being in P5. Golden did see the return of dual attacks. I don't want demons back though. I like the shadow theme. It defines Persona in a way and separates it from the main SMT franchise.

Top Bottom