• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

-GJ-

I love the game's startup screen. It's my new Vita homescreen.

20121202120301.jpg

PowerTaxi

Banned
Quick question, do I have enough time to do Naoto's social link if I haven't started it by November? Can't start it due to not having enough courage.

Trigger

Quick question, do I have enough time to do Naoto's social link if I haven't started it by November? Can't start it due to not having enough courage.

No, I tried. You need to max your courage/knowledge, and she can eat up time from any other incomplete social links.

Noi

Fucking hell, I called UPS today to ask about my package, the lady there was kind enough to redirect me to the right department (Mail Innovations), so I ring them up and that department doesn't open on weekends. At least have some consistency with your support groups, Jesus. Estimated delivery for my Solid Gold was 6 days ago FFS. :/

PowerTaxi

Banned
No, I tried. You need to max your courage/knowledge, and she can eat up time from any other incomplete social links.

Oh well. Was just planning on just doing the investigation team's and Marie's links. Oh, and the Dojimas.

Haha, just maxed courage on the 2nd.

What I want do in my playthrough is to focus mostly on party member slinks and leveling my stats, then on new game plus, go for everyone.

Necrovex

To be fair, this applies to all the characters. They lost their depth, but it was still a good show.

I'm a little surprise at you calling Persona 4 The Animation a good show. I know you dislike anime, and P4 barely made the cut for decent. Though, I did enjoy the show for its humor and having its own interpretation concerning certain scenes,
such as Yu's facing his own shadow and a reality where Yu no longer has any friends.

Also, Amazon spoiled some of my presents, and I know P4G is one of my gifts. So, I'll be joining you guys in this thread sooner or later! Maybe after Persona 2!

I'm a little surprise at you calling Persona 4 The Animation a good show. I know you dislike anime, and P4 barely made the cut for decent. Though, I did enjoy the show for its humor and having its own interpretation concerning certain scenes,
such as Yu's facing his own shadow and a reality where Yu no longer has any friends.

Also, Amazon spoiled some of my presents, and I know P4G is one of my gifts. So, I'll be joining you guys in this thread sooner or later! Maybe after Persona 2!

I wish more people could like Persona 2, but that gameplay is a stiff barrier indeed :(

Necrovex

I wish more people could like Persona 2, but that gameplay is a stiff barrier indeed :(

I stopped for a few days because of that gameplay. I've gotten more into the whole system because of the plot and characters (
I think I am close to meeting Hitler.
). The gameplay is a rough barrier to get over, but a walkthrough is making my time more enjoyable.

I stopped for a few days because of that gameplay. I've gotten more into the whole system because of the plot and characters (
I think I am close to meeting Hitler.
). The gameplay is a rough barrier to get over, but a walkthrough is making my time more enjoyable.

Did you ever get Estoma?

Had
shadow Teddy
down to like 5% health

he one-shots my main char

grrrrrrrrrrr
Youre just going to have to bear with fighting him again. Dont bring Yukiko, fuse ganga since she has mediarama and absorb ice, and always guard during the second round of ultra charge/nihil hand. MC is your dedicated healer this fight, so keep that health up.

Dantis

One thing I thought it really got right was the 'heart' of Persona. There are a lot of bittersweet moments, and the anime captured those rather well. Things like getting Meguro to score it (Whilst Golden and Arena had Kitajoh, which is dumb) really upped in my eyes also. There were bits I didn't like, obviously (Like pretty much all the fight scenes, for example), but there were some bits I loved.
The confrontation with Shadow Yukiko, whilst dropping any subtlety, was great, with how they made the castle hall so enormous with a gigantic set of stairs. It was much more of an interesting set-piece than the game.
There were a lot of small things I like, too, like the end of episode 2, where Yu meets Yosuke on his way to school, and they have their clear umbrellas and it's in the Floodplains, just like the game, and they agree to work on the case as it leads into Beauty of Destiny.

And of course, I just love Persona 4.

Excellent! d(^^d)

I got this game yesterday. So far Ive played almost 3 hours and its all go to house, turn on TV watch it, then school, Junes, repeat. Will there be some kind of freedom later on? or some nice Dungeons?

I got this game yesterday. So far Ive played almost 3 hours and its all go to house, turn on TV watch it, then school, Junes, repeat. Will there be some kind of freedom later on? or some nice Dungeons?

Freedom comes at 3-4 hours. The game will basically tell you from here you are free to decide what you do with your time.

RoeBear

So I started the game on hard, and at first it was challenging. Then early on I got really lucky with getting growth 3 invigorate 3 and megidolaon. Just finished the fourth dungeon and am already level 70. The battle system is too addictive I keep fighting just to keep my sweep bonus.

barrin87

Are there any basic rules to go by when merging personas? I haven't even gone into Yukiko's dungeon to save her yet so I am very early into the game. Should I just go for whatever?

Trigger

Are there any basic rules to go by when merging personas? I haven't even gone into Yukiko's dungeon to save her yet so I am very early into the game. Should I just go for whatever?

I usually level personae before fusing. Try to get all the utility you can out of whatever you create. Unless you spoil yourself you'll never know exactly what skills/abilities you'll need.

Necrovex

Did you ever get Estoma?

I've been slightly lazy about getting Estoma. Gaf occupies my time well enough where I am not too bother by the combat. Though, I'll have to gather some Personas soon, so I might as well get that ability. Also, how much longer do I have in the game?
I upgraded Maya's, Lisa's, and Echiki's personas. I also found out the truth about Joker.

One thing I thought it really got right was the 'heart' of Persona. There are a lot of bittersweet moments, and the anime captured those rather well. Things like getting Meguro to score it (Whilst Golden and Arena had Kitajoh, which is dumb) really upped in my eyes also. There were bits I didn't like, obviously (Like pretty much all the fight scenes, for example), but there were some bits I loved.
The confrontation with Shadow Yukiko, whilst dropping any subtlety, was great, with how they made the castle hall so enormous with a gigantic set of stairs. It was much more of an interesting set-piece than the game.
There were a lot of small things I like, too, like the end of episode 2, where Yu meets Yosuke on his way to school, and they have their clear umbrellas and it's in the Floodplains, just like the game, and they agree to work on the case as it leads into Beauty of Destiny.

And of course, I just love Persona 4.

Excellent! d(^^d)

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Meguro making exclusive pieces to P4A. The fight scenes were the worst when it comes to P4A. It always felt painful to endure through those. Also, those animations "hiccups" were pretty awful as well, such as
the melon scene being the most prominent one with there being two Chies.

The emotional payoffs were done fairly well. I love the comedy and Yu's personality. Though, Yu became awesome, everyone else seemed to suffer in the character development. :-/

I've been slightly lazy about getting Estoma. Gaf occupies my time well enough where I am not too bother by the combat. Though, I'll have to gather some Personas soon, so I might as well get that ability. Also, how much longer do I have in the game?
I upgraded Maya's, Lisa's, and Echiki's personas. I also found out the truth about Joker.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Meguro making exclusive pieces to P4A. The fight scenes were the worst when it comes to P4A. It always felt painful to endure through those. Also, those animations "hiccups" were pretty awful as well, such as

The emotional payoffs were done fairly well. I love the comedy and Yu's personality. Though, Yu became awesome, everyone else seemed to suffer in the character development. :-/

What kind of upgrade?

BTW, when I say P4A, I refer to Persona 4 Arena, I call the anime just the Persona 4 anime

Necrovex

What kind of upgrade?

BTW, when I say P4A, I refer to Persona 4 Arena, I call the anime just the Persona 4 anime

It's right after I faced "evil Maya." I cannot remember the person's name, but he made my crew's personas stronger, which includes new and more powerful abilities.

I'm too lazy to write out "Persona 4 anime!"

It's right after I faced "evil Maya." I cannot remember the person's name, but he made my crew's personas stronger, which includes new and more powerful abilities.

I'm too lazy to write out "Persona 4 anime!"

Customs or Primes or whatever? I think that's half way through."

How do you feel about how P4 basically redid the concept of shadows from P2 btw?

Dantis

Two Chies? Loool, I didn't even notice that.

Omikaru

Ehehehe, how many bad Marie poems are there? :lol

Been slowing down with this for a bit since I grabbed a Wii U, but every time I pick up my Vita five hours manages to vanish. I'm at around early August now. Just beat the dungeon around this time, and now I'm working on Rise and Marie's social links. I should probably get cracking on Kanji's too...

Do the Japanese version and the English version have different dates for rain or events? I decided to follow a guide(which was clearly based on the Japanese version) since I had already played this on the PS2 but certain things didn't take place which led to me being behind on certain social links. At this point I might just give up on it.

Dantis

HOLY CRAP, MY MIND IS BLOWN!

When you get the P3 outfits, it doesn't just change their win pose, it changes their quote, too! Yosuke just went "Who's da man!".

I wish someone knew how to get the female uniforms.

Also, double Chie is hilarious.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

When you get the P3 outfits, it doesn't just change their win pose, it changes their quote, too! Yosuke just went "Who's da man!".

How do you get them?

Da Da Da Daaaaa! Yosuke has leveled up!

Top Bottom