• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Lucent

I love the game's startup screen. It's my new Vita homescreen.

20121202120301.jpg

Saved. lol.

Also, I haven't had a lot of time to play this since I got it because I'm down to my last two weeks of the semester, so I'm only to the point of fighting Yosuke's shadow. I'm on hard and this thing seemed okay until he boosted his attack and slapped me 40+hp of damage and killed me. =[ I'm wondering if I'm in a little over my head or if it's more manageable after this. Because it's not like I can go level or anything. You fight one battle and then have to fight him.

Necrovex

Customs or Primes or whatever? I think that's half way through."

How do you feel about how P4 basically redid the concept of shadows from P2 btw?

I believe it is Prime. I am working on a research paper (well, somewhat working on it) at the moment, so I don't have my Vita next to me. I would have to stand up and walk a foot to reach it.

And I loved the shadow concepts in both Persona 4 and the potential it has for Persona 2.

Also, I feel like I barely know Yukino. Will this change or is she simply just...there?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Saved. lol.

Also, I haven't had a lot of time to play this since I got it because I'm down to my last two weeks of the semester, so I'm only to the point of fighting Yosuke's shadow. I'm on hard and this thing seemed okay until he boosted his attack and slapped me 40+hp of damage and killed me. =[ I'm wondering if I'm in a little over my head or if it's more manageable after this. Because it's not like I can go level or anything. You fight one battle and then have to fight him.

When he powers up, guard. You'll negate the weakness that his wind attack causes. Use zio as your first attack then follow up with a regular attack. Should go down pretty easily.

I believe it is Prime. I am working on a research paper (well, somewhat working on it) at the moment, so I don't have my Vita next to me. I would have to stand up and walk a foot to reach it.

And I loved the shadow concepts in both Persona 4 and the potential it has for Persona 2.

Also, I feel like I barely know Yukino. Will this change or is she simply just...there?

She is a Persona 1 party member, she has two games to get to know her. I like her a lot, shes cool

hhgg.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm kinda bummed how easy "very hard" is. Still clearing dungeons in 1 day with little issue. I guess a big part of this is that I've played the original.

Just cleared the third dungeon at level 31.

Dantis

The characters in P2 are no way near as fleshed out as P4. She's pretty much just there because it works.

Need help against
shadow mitsuo
i'm level 35. what are my options

How did you manage to get there with such a low level? Good rule of thumb is to be 10 levels greater than you were at the last boss starting at 15 with Yukiko so you should be around 45 by now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How did you manage to get there with such a low level? Good rule of thumb is to be 10 levels greater than you were at the last boss starting at 15 with Yukiko so you should be around 45 by now.

Really? I've had absolutely no trouble up until now.

Tons of the restrictions from the PS2 version are gone now. For vets, it shouldn't be much of a sweat short of being highly underleveled now.

She is a Persona 1 party member, she has two games to get to know her. I like her a lot, shes cool

hhgg.jpg

Yuki's pretty cool, eh? Takes pictures, beats ass, and doesn't fraid of anything.

Persona 2 characters do have tons of backstory and development, but they take place off the beaten path.

Tons of the restrictions from the PS2 version are gone now. For vets, it shouldn't be much of a sweat short of being highly underleveled now.

Yuki's pretty cool, eh? Takes pictures, beats ass, and doesn't fraid of anything.

Persona 2 characters do have tons of backstory and development, but they take place off the beaten path.

yes, talk to them everywhere you see them.

bah, I missed the marie SL because I beat the dungeon...which skipped some time. I was at 9.

I decided to go back 5 hours of play and finish her SL. Luckily I had a save near the end of the dungeon (I think). Last night/this morning I figured I should just get it on the next playthrough. I then realized just a couple of minutes ago that it might be a looooong while before I do that playthrough, so I should just suck it up and do that final bit again.

Ponn

Banned
What the flipping hell is up with this
nurse

I also love how when i check voices on rainy days I can guarantee about 90% of the people are going to have ate Steak Bowls

It's been a long time since I've done a playthrough of Persona 4 that wasn't new game + with the maxed out knowledge, etc. stats. I'm starting to panic at how little I've done in some of my social links because I've had to work on that stuff.

Omikaru

I just finished the
beach event. It was pretty amusing, I thought.

I'm at LVL9 with Marie, and hoping I can max Rise out before I start the next dungeon. I want to focus on non-party members ASAP, but I really want to rank my party up first. I've barely strayed from them this time around.

I'm definitely going back with a SLink guide at some point, I think. Before that, though, I'll do the FeMC in P3P...

Umm I've maxed social links in P3 before.

Is it as demanding in P4?
Nope. You can't fuck them up in P4.

Syrinx

So I'm now at about mid-September. Class trip!

Nice to see the callback to Persona 3, and it was great to see Chihiro again and as the new SC president (though I didn't care for her voice). Was hilarious that the gang was staying in the love hotel from that game.

And then they went to Club Escapade from P3, where hilarious moments relating to perceived drunkenness were had. I realize that showing characters, especially the more uptight ones such as Yukiko, wasted is a bit of a cliche, but I just enjoyed it so fucking much! Playing that King game was great. I got Chie to sit in my lap. Who was which number there, btw? Kanji having to kiss drunk Teddie was funny as well, mainly because Teddie was being the aggressive one there. At this point, Naoto talks about his past and who he is. Then Yukiko tells him about the TV and persona in her stupor. I was actually a bit surprised he didn't believe her, as it seemed like he knew more about the gang than he was letting on.

The gang (why do I keep calling them that?) didn't really leave Teddie at Hagakure, did they? Though I find it hard to imagine they carried him the whole way after he ate eleven bowls of ramen, including Yukiko's (angry Yukiko is among best Yukikos).

I'm back in the TV now. Been a while since I've got some action in.

Curufinwe

I had more trouble than I thought I would beating the first main boss on Normal. I had a Senri, but maybe I was just underleveled at 10/11. I only spent one voluntary day in the dungeon so my team were almost all out of SP when I landed the finishing blow

Omikaru

I had more trouble than I thought I would beating the first main boss on Normal. I had a Senri, but maybe I was just underleveled at 10/11. I only spent one voluntary day in the dungeon so my team were almost all out of SP when I landed the finishing blow
I still maintain that first dungeon is the toughest. Once you've got a team of four and decent supplies of SP recovery items, dungeons are really easy to blast through on Normal, especially if you spam the SOS feature.

Trigger

Really? Crikey. I'm on Normal, already at lvl61 and I haven't even started that dungeon. :/

By the time you get to that fight you're party will have found its groove. I never had a problem with that boss.

which is why I keep advocating avoiding her slink altogether until new game + if you want any sort of challenge at all.

This is all an elaborate scheme to prevent GAF from hooking up with Rise. I'm on to you.

Top Bottom