• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

Diehard OG Chie Fans: How receptive have you been to her new voice in Golden? I'm an enormous fan of the original P4, and I haven't played golden yet, but listening to some new voice samples on youtube has me face-palming hard.

The date events won me over. The VO is very cute during those scenes.

Varna

Characters being older would be a great change of pace. MC could be a reporter which would work great from a story perspective. :D

Yeah, I just gave some impressions a few posts up, but generally speaking the pain is quite unbearable, the steaks have been raised, etc etc.

Hoping to get over it after prolonged exposure. But I REALLLLY liked chie's character in OG P4. Like, action figure on my desk liked her. So this is tough.

Well, the vita has been hacked. So maybe homebrew can save you (us) someday!

I support older characters.

Persona86

Banned
Characters being older would be a great change of pace. MC could be a reporter which would work great from a story perspective. :D

Or a detective/private detective. :)

Social Links with clients, co workers, family etc and interesting cases as side stories.

Oh wow, some haxxors would insert the old VAs for Teddy and Chie? 90% of the game dialogue would be old stuff anyway right? Interesting...

I have zero technical knowledge. Don't know if it is possible. Might be too complex because I don't think it is a simple as ripping the audio file and uploading it. But I am sure that if it is doable there is a Persona fanboy out there that could do it.

edit: But new Teddie is rock solid in my mind, so I don't have any problems there.

Ken

This is Japan we are talking about. College life for the Japanese is supposed to be a lot simpler than their high school years.

Transfer student to America!

(I forgot it would be in Japan)

I wish the Tatsumi Port stuff was longer. Does that class rep or w/e who gives you the papers ever come back later?

Persona86

Banned
Also amazing... but that might spill over into another series. :p

I think the entire calendar system would work great being just a normal guy/girl trying to make it in the biz.

Basically there are SO many possibilities, it doesn't have to be school again.

Varna

We are due for some P5 news aren't we? The last thing we got was basically the announcement that it was being worked on. That was a couple of years ago too.

Can't wait to see what they come up with.

... and I'm prepared to be crushed when it's the school life yet again.

Syrinx

just letting you know it goes a completely different way if you picked the other athlete

On one hand I love this about the game, because it actually matters which team you picked, unlike P3 where it didn't mean dick; you got the same exact guy and path. On the other hand, I'm essentially picking between two different stories without a clue how either will go. I think this way is better, but I would have liked to meet the representatives of both teams/clubs when given the choice between two, so I can go with whoever seems more interesting.

I guess it provides incentive for a replay.

We are due for some P5 news aren't we? The last thing we got was basically the announcement that it was being worked on. That was a couple of years ago too.

Can't wait to see what they come up with.

... and I'm prepared to be crushed when it's the school life yet again.

I'm just afraid of what system it will be on :lol

bigkrev

My theory- next Persona is a Kenka Bancho crossover

2012-11-30-230107.jpg

Yuripaw

Banned
That IS an issue if they make anything that follows p4a because Of the very nature of what happens

Yeah, I mean... P4A really sets up too much for them not to explore it more.
Yu and Yosuke talk on the phone about how they're gonna get the investigation team back into action, and try to solve the mystery of who it was that caused the whole situation in P4A. While P4A really was the story of Labrys and her experiences, and the rest of the cast is thrown into the mix because of her, there is an enemy out there that has something against Persona users, and the cast of Persona 4 and 3 are directly involved. It would suck not to see these characters return >_<

Yeah, I mean... P4A really sets up too much for them not to explore it more.
Yu and Yosuke talk on the phone about how they're gonna get the investigation team back into action, and try to solve the mystery of who it was that caused the whole situation in P4A. While P4A really was the story of Labrys and her experiences, and the rest of the cast is thrown into the mix because of her, there is an enemy out there that has something against Persona users, and the cast of Persona 4 and 3 are directly involved. It would suck not to see these characters return >_<

You forgot how
The Malevolent Entity is heavily hinted to be Nyarlathotep, the one who influenced Persona 1, and is the grand villian of Persona 2

Yuripaw

Banned
You forgot how
The Malevolent Entity is heavily hinted to be Nyarlathotep, the one who influenced Persona 1, and is the grand villian of Persona 2

No I didn't forget about that, I just didn't wanna go into that too much. I still haven't beaten those 2 games, so I don't know what the implications of that could be. I find it kinda cool though if there is a connection to the first 2 games like that.

Varna

After the SMT 5 announcement people are dreading a handheld P5, is that it? I don't feel like that'll be the case, after all the effort with Catherine to get HD production up and rolling at atlus. Or have I just been telling myself what I want to hear?

I want to believe too. But let's face it, this kind of thing has not been uncommon at all with pretty prominent Japanese franchises.

Squire

Banned
After the SMT 5 announcement people are dreading a handheld P5, is that it? I don't feel like that'll be the case, after all the effort with Catherine to get HD production up and rolling at atlus. Or have I just been telling myself what I want to hear?

I think you're spot on by virtue of the fact Catherine was a Team Persona game.

Persona is arguably it's own franchise at this point. They cut the SMT tagging off for a reason. They don't need the klout it carries now that the series has built so much of it's own. It's probably bigger than main line SMT at this point.

No I didn't forget about that, I just didn't wanna go into that too much. I still haven't beaten those 2 games, so I don't know what the implications of that could be. I find it kinda cool though if there is a connection to the first 2 games like that.

If you are interested in that, go at least attempt to play the two (3, come on Atlus, pls)...It sort of makes things....kind of scary...

I think you're spot on by virtue of the fact Catherine was a Team Persona game.

Persona is arguably it's own franchise at this point. They cut the SMT tagging off for a reason. They don't need the klout it carries now that the series has built so much of it's own. It's probably bigger than main line SMT at this point.

Persona has always been its own series

Varna

Persona has always been its own series

The split from the mainline is pretty much just an NA thing. Though I wonder what the sales break down from P3/4 is between JP and NA. I'm sure it's still JP leading by quiet a bit... but these games do seem fairly popular in NA.

I just got the new
Accomplice Ending. Holy shit is it fucked up
. It's incredible.

Now I'm gonna finish the game for real, but I highly recommend everyone see it once.

Fucking Valkyria Chronicles.

THAT was some serious trauma. I don't need this added stress! I was already starting to worry about how P5 would turn out as a HD PS3 title, just because of budgets and pressure and the ever increasing attention the series has gotten in the last couple of years...

Persona86

Banned
THAT was some serious trauma. I don't need this added stress! I was already starting to worry about how P5 would turn out as a HD PS3 title, just because of budgets and pressure and the ever increasing attention the series has gotten in the last couple of years...

Don't worry they are going to put all their energy and money into making P5, it's their biggest game.

They are even making their own engine for it, that's dedication, they said the engine will help make their ideas translate into the game much faster.

Expect at least Catherine Quality IMO.

Chris R

Finally finished the
Yukiko
dungeon. Nice challenge there on the final floors, with nothing being weak to anything I had other than the boss.

SerRodrik

Don't worry they are going to put all their energy and money into making P5, it's their biggest game.

They are even making their own engine for it, that's dedication, they said the engine will help make their ideas translate into the game much faster.

A Persona game with Catherine level graphics would be amazing. I am bracing myself for handhelds though, just in case.

Thank you, such reassuring and kind words!

And Yakuza 5 will come out here too right? ;-)

Bullza2o

I'm being serious about this: I'm buying whatever console P5 will be released for. Right now I'm thinking PS3, so I'll get that instead of Wii U.
We will never know exactly however, and I hope it is for 360 as well, so I don't have to buy a new console.

Marche90

I'm being serious about this: I'm buying whatever console P5 will be released for. Right now I'm thinking PS3, so I'll get that instead of Wii U.
We will never know exactly however, and I hope it is for 360 as well, so I don't have to buy a new console.

I see that i'm not the only one taking this approach...

Kaizer

Banned
Just bit the bullet and ordered this off Amazon with $25.00 store credit. I'll be joining you guys soon! It's sorta funny, I actually bought Persona 4 when it came out, ordered the deluxe edition with the Teddy plush, t-shirt, soundtrack and also ordered a strategy guide and artbook.

Still never played it, lol. I could never get past the initial opening of the game, ended up selling it to GameStop like a year ago. What a fool I was, but not this time. Watching the GiantBomb playthrough of some of the earlier sections finally convinced me to give it another go.

Top Bottom