• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Why is rise riding the MC so hard? I know I said this several times before but I really think she is the cannon love interest. Even if you don't max get out she is still all over you. Lol @ the swimsuit thing. Lol @ the "private" tutor lessons. Lol @ her being happy that the MC had a dream about smashing her behind the bleachers. Lol @ the part when
everybody is about to get their scooter licenses
. Although you can talk to all the girls I think she is the one that the MC is "supposed" to be with. She is probably the only character who likes you no matter what you do.

Why is rise riding the MC so hard? I know I said this several times before but I really think she is the cannon love interest. Even if you don't max get out she is still all over you. Lol @ the swimsuit thing. Lol @ the "private" tutor lessons. Lol @ her being happy that the MC had a dream about smashing her behind the bleachers. Lol @ the part when
. Although you can talk to all the girls I think she is the one that the MC is "supposed" to be with. She is probably the only character who likes you no matter what you do.

How do you feel about Maki, Lisa, Yukari and Aigis?

Syrinx

I'm in mid-September, and the wheels are moving again.

Naoto's been kidnapped. His show on the Midnight Channel was pretty insane. I don't even know where to even begin with this one. He's a fucking mad scientist who's going to perform crazy experiments on himself, for crying out loud! We'll see. Anyway, it appears there's still a killer loose, and Mitsuo only killed King Moron because he's a pathetic, attention-starved psychopath who wanted to take credit and have his 15 minutes of fame.

As for my Strength S-link, it appears Daisuke is hurt. Kinda lame that they're taking the same approach to the athletes that they did in P3. Maybe there's more though. But this is one of the less interesting links to begin with.

Naoto's been kidnapped. His show on the Midnight Channel was pretty insane. I don't even know where to even begin with this one. He's a fucking mad scientist who's going to perform crazy experiments on himself, for crying out loud! We'll see. Anyway, it appears there's still a killer loose, and Mitsuo only killed King Moron because he's a pathetic, attention-starved psychopath who wanted to take credit and have his 15 minutes of fame.

As for my Strength S-link, it appears Daisuke is hurt. Kinda lame that they're taking the same approach to the athletes that they did in P3. Maybe there's more though. But this is one of the less interesting links to begin with.

just letting you know it goes a completely different way if you picked the other athlete

Tamanon

Banned

She's an idol. I'm pretty sure most of her public affection is purely for attention.

Ken

Is this real? I need to see it.

The conversation I mean, in text form. > >

On the topic of dreams, I kind of wish you always get to read a dream at the end of every day. I guess it would be a lot of writing but the few dreams I've had have been pretty funny.

ckohler

If I go down the social link paths of more than one female character, will the others get jealous? Or can I social everyone with zero downside?

Ken

I assume he's just referring to the random dreams you have, like the one about wrestling Chie in a luchador mask.

Is there any point to sleeping versus reading/studying/working in the evenings besides reading about the dreams?

Tamanon

Banned
Is there any point to sleeping versus reading/studying/working in the evenings besides reading about the dreams?

Well, the dreams improve your relationship with the person involved, oddly enough. So if your stats are maxed already, can help speed up some S-linking.

kewlmyc

On the topic of dreams, I kind of wish you always get to read a dream at the end of every day. I guess it would be a lot of writing but the few dreams I've had have been pretty funny.

If you talk to her at night it comes up in conversation.

tumblr_me4tm4xJ1d1qg5rdao1_1280.jpg

Ponn

Banned

Wait, what about that S-Link?
I chose Daisuke and just got Max Link but he wasn't injured? It was bullshit about some girl in mine

Persona86

Banned

You know what, something strange happening in your dreams everynight could be something interesting in P5 instead of entering the TV etc

Actually I just remembered Catherine was similar to this, but I still think it would be a cool premise in P5. :)

You know what, something strange happening in your dreams everynight could be something interesting in P5 instead of entering the TV etc

Actually I just remembered Catherine was similar to this, but I still think it would be a cool premise in P5. :)

Dealing with lucid sleeping, night terrors, etc.

I assume he's just referring to the random dreams you have, like the one about wrestling Chie in a luchador mask.

Holy shit. I had no idea about these dreams. Fucking amazing. Hopefully somebody has youtubed them. Never gotten far enough into the game that I didn't need to raise some stats still.

Or focus on teachers or workplace. Then we could have a bar like in Catherine to make social links. :)

Age is not a problem for a badass like Minato Arisato when it comes to bars. And hanging out with creepy old monks in bars. Wait...

Trigger

I think we'll be dealing with teens for a while given how massively successful Persona 3/4 have been. I wouldn't mind an adult Persona with the same systems.

Holy shit. I had no idea about these dreams. Fucking amazing. Hopefully somebody has youtubed them. Never gotten far enough into the game that I didn't need to raise some stats still.

The dreams are just text descriptions of wierd stuff. You don't need to really youtube them.

I know I am being a bit a politically correct wet blanket but it bugs me that Atlus used "retarded" as a synonym for dislike. I don't know if this is new for the Golden translation or if I just missed the first time around because I didn't talk to that random NPC. Not a big deal or anything. Just disappointing.

Anyways, has anyone else being making use of the social stat books? I think they are neat addition and have helped me start leveling up my stats a lot quicker. The knowledge one was a huge help getting ready for the first exam.

The dreams are just text descriptions of wierd stuff. You don't need to really youtube them.

Oh. That is slightly disappointing. Off to regular Google instead!

I know I am being a bit a politically correct wet blanket but it bugs me that Atlus used "retarded" as a synonym for dislike. I don't know if this is new for the Golden translation or if I just missed the first time around because I didn't talk to that random NPC. Not a big deal or anything. Just disappointing.

Anyways, has anyone else being making use of the social stat books? I think they are neat addition and have helped me start leveling up my stats a lot quicker. The knowledge one was a huge help getting ready for the first exam.

If you are talking about the rival school student when you run into him in town. I think it is perfect. He is exactly the kind of person who would use that language. If it is someone else, then I would have to see it in context. I know its colloquial usage bothers a lot of people.

Persona86

Banned
I hope they completely overhaul and change everything while keeping the same basic ideas

Yep, I'm not sure what people are suggesting with the end of P4A since I haven't played it, but I think each Persona game should be as original as possible while still feeling like a Persona game.

Yep, I'm not sure what people are suggesting with the end of P4A since I haven't played it, but I think each Persona game should be as original as possible while still feeling like a Persona game.

That IS an issue if they make anything that follows p4a because Of the very nature of what happens

If you are talking about the rival school student when you run into him in town. I think it is perfect. He is exactly the kind of person who would use that language. If it is someone else, then I would have to see it in context. I know its colloquial usage bothers a lot of people.

No he is on the first floor of the school right after exams. I think they refer to him as tardy student so maybe they were trying to make a joke? Still not cool.

Of course I volunteer with children with down syndrome so I am little more sensitive to this kind of thing than most.

Ok, finally playing it. Going for hard mode so I can still keep things interesting by moving up to very hard on the 2nd playthrough where I'll use guides to make sure I don't miss maxed links or secrets or anything.

First time seriously playing my vita and the game looks like a million bucks. So pretty. Absolutely heart broken about losing old Chie's voice. I'm sure the new actress is fine, I thought she was great as Erica in Catherine, but PS2 P4 was so perfect the first time around, I loved all the voices so much, and Chie was my favourite. Now when she talks I get a sharp pain in my temple and panic attacks. thats not Chie! Ahhhhhh, etc, etc. I imagine Teddie's new voice will also be a critical hit to the nads.

I'll deal with it somehow, but for me, the PS2 version is the definitive version of the game because of that original cast. I know, I know, a bit early to call it until actually play through both versions. Looking forward to getting to the first dungeon.

Squire

Banned
No he is on the first floor of the school right after exams. I think they refer to him as tardy student so maybe they were trying to make a joke? Still not cool.

Of course I volunteer with children with down syndrome so I am little more sensitive to this kind of thing than most.

Haha, you misunderstand. "Tardy" = late. They're saying he's a kid who's late to class regularly.

Hmm. Like I said, I am not particularly sensitive about that, but I know some people are. Maybe send them an e-mail and mention that it is offensive to some people. Probably nothing will come of it, but maybe next time they will think about it and might use a different word.

At the same time, I don't think it is improper in the context used. But also just a video game, so I could go either way.

Haha, you misunderstand. "Tardy" = late. They're saying he's a kid who's late to class regularly.

I think he knows that, but is speculating they might have been trying to make a pun based on his description.

Diehard OG Chie Fans: How receptive have you been to her new voice in Golden? I'm an enormous fan of the original P4, and I haven't played golden yet, but listening to some new voice samples on youtube has me face-palming hard.

Diehard OG Chie Fans: How receptive have you been to her new voice in Golden? I'm an enormous fan of the original P4, and I haven't played golden yet, but listening to some new voice samples on youtube has me face-palming hard.

I have sworn to not give my opinion anymore, but that very issue has come up many times before in this thread. Based on the numbers I would think that many agree with you, but there is always the possibility of the vocal minority.

Yeah, I just gave some impressions a few posts up, but generally speaking the pain is quite unbearable, the steaks have been raised, etc etc.

Hoping to get over it after prolonged exposure. But I REALLLLY liked chie's character in OG P4. Like, action figure on my desk liked her. So this is tough.

Persona86

Banned
Don't care, but what I do like, is originality

Exactly, I don't mind teen stories, but simply changing characters ages and the setting will make it much easier for the developers to think of new scenarios and dialogs which makes a more original game.

There's only so much you can do with school life, at least take a break then come back to school in a later Persona game. (The School setting has been overused to the MAX in Japanese culture they are seriously obsessed with school over there)

But if people REALLY want to focus on school life, at least focusing more on teachers would give a fresh perspective.

Top Bottom