• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Has someone started on new game+? I wanted to know what carries over. Is it really just cash, rank, and the compendium?

Yeah, I'm on my NG+ right now. You carry over money, social stats, compendium, max social link items, and you can purchase any item you've unlocked in the weapon/armor store.

Necrovex

Has someone started on new game+? I wanted to know what carries over. Is it really just cash, rank, and the compendium?

No, whenever you talk to that person after maxing it you'll get a generic message about how tight you two are and a reminder that there's no benefit to hanging out anymore.

Persona 4 teaches the value of friendships, i.e. once you get everything you can from them, they can go fuck themselves.

Oh shit... the moment I have been dreading is finally here...
the part where they make a band and learn a song in a short amount of time to save Yosuke's dad from getting fired. I play most of the instruments they are talking about and did some shows in highschool and college, it's tough, and I don't know how they will pull this gig off. And why the hell did Yukiko have a gong? I'm sure this will be cringeworthy as hell.

Well, here we go!

Venfayth

It's fucking ridiculous how much experience you get by yourself.

Yeah exp is divided amongst party members. So you can go with just one person and power level them. It's actually kind of nice going with just 1 other party member, that way you still get all-out-attacks.

the part where they make a band and learn a song in a short amount of time to save Yosuke's dad from getting fired. I play most of the instruments they are talking about and did some shows in highschool and college, it's tough, and I don't know how they will pull this gig off. And why the hell did Yukiko have a gong? I'm sure this will be cringeworthy as hell.

Well, here we go!

I enjoyed that part, but it's complete BS how they are able to play in such a short amount of time.

What are these?

When you max a social link, they give you an item which, IIRC from P3, allows you to create the strongest persona from that particular arcana so you don't need to max their social link again. But if you want to enjoy the bonuses for your party members' s.links, then you need to redo their social links. Oh, there's another thing that carries over: max persona slots and compendium discounts. You can carry 12 personas from the start.

Trigger

Bummer, I don't want to lose all my good healing supplies.
r4CiE.png

What are these?

Here Inorigo, I want you to have this

<Trigger hands you some lint from his pocket. You feel a tight bond has formed between you two.>

does anyone know what that noise is during the dungeon parts? it's like chains banging together or something. also how do you get the fishing rod?

Trigger

does anyone know what that noise is during the dungeon parts? it's like chains banging together or something. also how do you get the fishing rod?

It's the sound of your impending doom!

Spoiler answer if you really want to know:
It's Death. You've looted too many chests. He's hiding on the floor in a chest when you hear that noise.

Sera O

Banned
Social links can go down in rank?! I thought they were permanent.

IIRC in P4 it was really hard to reverse an S. Link whereas in P3 it could happen even if you just didn't hang out with someone for a while. I think in P4 it is possible, but probably only if you really piss someone off in conversation. Oh, and even then I think the link would just stall - not go down levels.

Stop it guys, Gaf keeps giving me reasons to go to Japan. And if I do get to move to Japan, I'll lose all of my money on these concerts. :-(

Ha, me too. This is so damn cool. The music is one of the things I love the most about SMT series, specifically Persona.

Is Shoji involved in this or is it a separate thing? Nevermind I'm assuming that's him on guitar?

Okay so I'm level 81. I was like lvl 65 30 minutes ago. I need to fight
adachi the giant eyeball thing
next. Should I keep grinding until I'm in the 90's or fight them now? In playing on normal difficulty.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
next. Should I keep grinding until I'm in the 90's or fight them now? In playing on normal difficulty.

You're fine.

Well, here we go!

It was really odd. Though I thought the end was kinda funny.

you should be fine. Make sure and status debuff him after he goes super saiyen. Figuring that out took me three wipes

Trigger

I'm fighting the true ending boss and I'm only level 76 on Hard. lol, you are way overleveled.

Curufinwe

Well, here we go!

Can't be any worse than the FFVIII version!

18-Volt

Somebody please help me. I didn't know that you could ask a girl out at certain point, and now I have max social links with all four of them, Ayene, Chie, Yukiko and Rise. I missed the asking out points. Can I ask Marie or Margeret out? If so, in which level of social link?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Somebody please help me. I didn't know that you could ask a girl out at certain point, and now I have max social links with all four of them, Ayene, Chie, Yukiko and Rise. I missed the asking out points. Can I ask Marie or Margeret out? If so, in which level of social link?

It's the 8th level I believe (it should be pretty obvious what to say) and yes you can ask Marie out.

Trigger

Well there's at least two/three girls left if you want a girlfriend this playthrough. No to Marge, but yes to Marie.

Foreveralone.jpg

kiyomi

I cannot stop playing this. Just felt like I reached a real high point in terms of the writing and voice acting.

The amount of things to do seems insane, I can (or can't?) imagine the amount of stuff I've already missed.

do you keep costumes that you purchase into NG+?

You better!

Yup. Not just the ones you purchase, but also the ones you get from people/events.

So you didn't hold Rise during one of her s.link events? How cruel.

Squire

Banned
Well there's at least two/three girls left if you want a girlfriend this playthrough. No to Marge, but yes to Marie.

Speaking of Marge,
the third instance of poetry during Marie's S. Link where it says you think you see a faint smile on her face made me chuckle.

Good troll, Marge. Good troll.

I cannot stop playing this. Just felt like I reached a real high point in terms of the writing and voice acting.

The amount of things to do seems insane, I can (or can't?) imagine the amount of stuff I've already missed.

If only they would stop repeating the obvious thing twice and THEN repeating it in your own internal monologue narration thing...which gets even WORSE due to a certain sagely late game party member...SHH I GET IT

Varna

If only they would stop repeating the obvious thing twice and THEN repeating it in your own internal monologue narration thing...which gets even WORSE due to a certain sagely late game party member...SHH I GET IT

It reminds me of Pokemon battles were they have to mention it's raining every turn.... just, fuck you whoever thought that was a good idea.

It reminds me of Pokemon battles were they have to mention it's raining every turn.... just, fuck you whoever thought that was a good idea.

I mean, I like that party member, just like how I like every single damn character in this game except for ONE character in the entire thing...but come on, stop detecting so much, PLS PLS STOP DETECTING SO MUCH

It was really odd. Though I thought the end was kinda funny.

Here's how I would have done it:

Keep it self-aware and self-depreciating the entire time; really goofy, on the level of the motorcycle trip. The group realizes that they cannot play the instruments or learn the song. Things eventually lead up to Yosuke having a heart-to-heart with everybody about his dad getting fired and you guys decide to fake the concert with an MP3 playing over the sound setup. The best part is that Yosuke shouldn't know what everybody decided on, and he's the only one playing an actual instrument. Everybody else is faking it while an MP3 of the song plays. The entire concert is on the verge of disaster for various technical reasons but:

*The MC is able to make choices during the concert to keep the illusion going
*Characters do some clever, yet silly, things to keep up the charade
*Yosuke and audience is totally blown away by the performance, falling for the ruse
*At the end, the crowd clamors for an encore, but the scheme is revealed

The anime cutscene is only seen after the fact at home on TV and on the TV Listing menu.

Marche90

Here's how I would have done it:

Keep it self-aware and self-depreciating the entire time; really goofy, on the level of the motorcycle trip. The group realizes that they cannot play the instruments or learn the song. Things eventually lead up to Yosuke having a heart-to-heart with everybody about his dad getting fired and you guys decide to fake the concert with an MP3 playing over the sound setup. The best part is that Yosuke shouldn't know what everybody decided on, and he's the only one playing an actual instrument. Everybody else is faking it while an MP3 of the song plays. The entire concert is on the verge of disaster for various technical reasons but:

*The MC is able to make choices during the concert to keep the illusion going
*Characters do some clever, yet silly, things to keep up the charade
*Yosuke and audience is totally blown away by the performance, falling for the ruse
*At the end, the crowd clamors for an encore, but the scheme is revealed

The anime cutscene is only seen after the fact at home on TV and on the TV Listing menu.

Why would Rise have the need to fake the singing? She was an idol before this [/nitpick]
Other than that, that would be an amazing setup

Trigger

I liked that event despite how cheesy it was.

Speaking of Marge,
the third instance of poetry during Marie's S. Link where it says you think you see a faint smile on her face made me chuckle.

Good troll, Marge. Good troll.

All in a day's work for her.

Varna

10/5 and I just hit the point were the game really loses momentum for me.

At this point, my social stats are all maxed out, I've finished the social links I was most interested and the remaining few are scattered around the week so I end up rushing through days. The last dungeon was an absolute cake walk in every category even though I'm on very hard.

This exact something happened in P3. Though I give this game credit for at least having more options to spend your time on. This is another area were the difficulty setting should have played a bigger role. Everything should take to obtain. Social link ranks, stats, etc.

iammeiam

ARGH. So I played through the first few dungeons back when Persona 4 came out, then stopped and never got back to it. I have been obsessively playing and enjoying P4G. Since I'm not getting 100% social links this playthrough, I figured I'd use the big gap of bonus nights where nothing happens to read books and get caught up on the books trophy. Only, apparently I missed a couple of S-link specific books wayyyy back at the start.

Is it going to be possible to get all the social links maxed AND all the books read on a second playthrough? Or am I looking at at least two more playthroughs if I want to platinum this?

Top Bottom