• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I dunno, there are some pretty flagrant sexual themes
Bathhouse and Club dungeons, particularly, not to mention Yukiko's appearance on the midnight channel
, which seems to mark any game containing them with an M immediately.

I'd be surprised if it had anything less.

Or maybe it's all the titties on the personae :O

Salaadin

Bathhouse and Club dungeons, particularly, not to mention Yukiko's appearance on the midnight channel

Some of the persona cards have naked, nipple-less breasts and penis-like things on them too.
Its not nearly as bad as some other M rated games but its understandable, I guess.

I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far of not worrying too much about what's optimal and just enjoying myself but I just wanted to make sure taking an extra day or two to grind some levels wouldn't hurt me in the other areas of the game too significantly.

Stock up on tomatoes and buy the SP recovery items from BOTH vending machines every week. You don't need to take extra days to grind, you can spend hours and hours in a dungeon and only take one afternoon. You have a save point, velvet room for getting rid of personae, and the ability to heal. If you're really out of SP recovery items (and don't want to pay the fox for healing), head to the first few floors where the enemies are easy, SOS before every fight and use only Rush mode so you don't spend SP. Your SOS bonuses persist after each battle. It's like a free recharge.

Joe Molotov

What's this about "scoring" a hot "stud"?

What's this about "scoring" a hot "stud"?

Haha, nice. Pretty weird thing happened to me - Chie is my MC's girlfriend and Yukiko is in the friendzone. I run into them in a dungeon and talk to them. Chie actually awkwardly mentions that it's difficult to talk with me under normal circumstances since we're a couple and Yukiko is questioning what she means. Yukiko asks if Chie has lost her meat and Chie says, "My meat is right here". My confirmation bias or NichM's sexual innuendos?

Stock up on tomatoes and buy the SP recovery items from BOTH vending machines every week. You don't need to take extra days to grind, you can spend hours and hours in a dungeon and only take one afternoon. You have a save point, velvet room for getting rid of personae, and the ability to heal. If you're really out of SP recovery items (and don't want to pay the fox for healing), head to the first few floors where the enemies are easy, SOS before every fight and use only Rush mode so you don't spend SP. Your SOS bonuses persist after each battle. It's like a free recharge.
Cool, thanks for the tips. I definitely try to get the most out of my time when I go to a dungeon but I haven't started using SP recovery items until very recently (just got plants for the first time yesterday). I have used some stuff from the vending machines, though.

By the way, with the talk about skill cards, I quickly went through my compendium and typed out some of the better skill cards you can get from the persona I have already obtained:

Kartikeya - Maziodyne
Garuda - Garudyne
Decarabia - Megidola
Hariti - Bufudyne
Mothman - Valiant Dance
Black Frost - Fire Amp
Uriel - High Counter
Jinn - Resist Phys
Kurama Tengu - Masukunda
Mokoi - Dekaja
Senri - Dekunda
Seiryuu - Matarunda
Belphegor - Marakunda
Kushinada - Matarukaja
Quetzalcoatl - Masukukaja

Hope this helps!

By the way, with the talk about skill cards, I quickly went through my compendium and typed out some of the better skill cards you can get from the persona I have already obtained:

Kartikeya - Maziodyne
Garuda - Garudyne
Decarabia - Megidola
Hariti - Bufudyne
Mothman - Valiant Dance
Black Frost - Fire Amp
Uriel - High Counter
Jinn - Resist Phys
Kurama Tengu - Masukunda
Mokoi - Dekaja
Senri - Dekunda
Seiryuu - Matarunda
Belphegor - Marakunda
Kushinada - Matarukaja
Quetzalcoatl - Masukukaja

Hope this helps!

Help me out here, you can buy skill cards once you have unlocked them some other way in the game? And if so do these cards get carried over on ng+? And if another so, holyshitnicenotlikeP3P. Thanks

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Help me out here, you can buy skill cards once you have unlocked them some other way in the game? And if so do these cards get carried over on ng+? And if another so, holyshitnicenotlikeP3P. Thanks

You give them to Marie and she can dupe them.... for a price.

skarabrae

Banned
Got this game a couple of days ago and this'll be my second playthrough of the game since the PS2 one. Nostalgia aside, I can't believe how I easily fell into the story and the whole environment, wanting to see what's new and itching to get into the dungeons (and getting my first trophies).

Once you unlock Okina City by scooter, there's a cafe on the left that you can enter. If you decide to spend your afternoon at the cafe, it will create a skill card for you based on whatever persona you have on you at the time. I believe it randomly selects a cardable skill from your available pool, including cardable skills you haven't learned yet on the persona, rather than just your equipped persona.

After you receive the skill card you want, just give them to Marie and you can purchase them from her at any time. The skill cards that you give her also carry onto NG+

Edit2: Ignore my previous edit. It was the first time I went into the Cafe for this run and I forgot that the first time you enter, you'll always get a Dia skill card. He creates a skill card based on your equipped persona, so there's no random element to it.

Who did you guys spend Christmas eve with? I got chie,yukkio and rise maxed out. I tried out all 3 and
rise is once again proving why she is the best cannon love interest candidate.

Salaadin

Who did you guys spend Christmas eve with? I got chie,yukkio and rise maxed out. I tried out all 3 and

That sounds so wrong :lol

I stuck with Chie but Im really enjoying the chats with Rise. Im thinking of making the switch but I dont want to make Chie cry >.>

Edit: I didnt get to Xmas yet, though.

Just going to go with Naoto to get her costume. Next time, Rise for her SP halving gift.

That sounds so wrong :lol

I stuck with Chie but Im really enjoying the chats with Rise. Im thinking of making the switch but I dont want to make Chie cry >.>

Edit: I didnt get to Xmas yet, though.
Well Chie is a strong girl, I'm sure she'll understand if you switch to something infinitely superior
lol

Oh yeah and rise makes it very obvious how much she likes you(unlike chie). Even when I maxed out chie and starting dating her it never really felt like the MC and her were dating. I felt friend zoned even when the social link said she was my girlfriend. But rise on Christmas eve? Man.......... I don't know why she didn't just say:
" I won't be able to see you anymore so take me now please tehehehehe.
Oh and and females don't mind sharing the MC so you can have multiple girlfriends of you want.

Venfayth

Some more screenshots.

Album here

Yukiko's Halloween outfit is the best :3

FbO8j.jpg

Meier

I was going back through the bath house to try and kill the new boss.. oh man, it's just so damn slow going. Does every dungeon get progressively longer? I love the stuff outside the TV but inside is wearing on me.

So which is more canon?

The Hashino-less semi-sequel in P4 Arena

or

the Hashino-less epilogue in this?

I kinda hope it's the former just because
Naoto, Kanji and Yukiko's hair, what have they done to you (-_-)

It took quite a while, but my Destructoid winnings finally came in, Dale even sent me Corgi money!

Nice! Wow, he made corgi money? That's pretty damn cool if you look at it really close and notice that authentic ginko Engrish phrase :)

I was going back through the bath house to try and kill the new boss.. oh man, it's just so damn slow going. Does every dungeon get progressively longer? I love the stuff outside the TV but inside is wearing on me.

I think they do, but only by a floor or two, maybe. Some of them have a single key that must be found to open a door in order to progress which might be tedious to a newcomer.

Sophia

So which is more canon?

The Hashino-less semi-sequel in P4 Arena

or

the Hashino-less epilogue in this?

I kinda hope it's the former just because
Naoto, Kanji and Yukiko's hair, what have they done to you (-_-)

It's not like they contradict each other. Also I got bad news if you think Hashino wasn't involved with Persona 4 Arena, given he's listed under Planning... :p

Meier

I think they do, but only by a floor or two, maybe. Some of them have a single key that must be found to open a door in order to progress which might be tedious to a newcomer.

My god, I can't imagine this remaining fun for the entire game. :( How many dungeons are there exactly? I am waiting on the third to open up at the moment.. think I am in June?

It's not like they contradict each other. Also I got bad news if you think Hashino wasn't involved with Persona 4 Arena, given he's listed under Planning... :p
I guess one is two months while the other is six months.

I think someone in the thread mentioned that Hashino wasn't responsible for the story in P4A, and I'm glad to see that isn't necessarily the case. I really liked it as a followup to the characters in P3.

Whoa, I just had an odd thought. Chie and Yukiko are Japanese country girls right? Sort of, I suppose. What if you had to meet their hick dads if you started dated them? What would those dudes be like?

My god, I can't imagine this remaining fun for the entire game. :( How many dungeons are there exactly? I am waiting on the third to open up at the moment.. think I am in June?

About 5, sorry man :/

They are all right around 10-11 levels.

The game gets easier (becaues you have more healing stuff, more damaging things, etc) though as you progress, so the levels shoot by a little faster.

Top Bottom