• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

I guess one is two months while the other is six months.

I think someone in the thread mentioned that Hashino wasn't responsible for the story in P4A, and I'm glad to see that isn't necessarily the case. I really liked it as a followup to the characters in P3.

The team directly responsible for writing P4A's storyline was the Trauma Team group. Specifically, Teppei Kobayashi. Hashino was listed under planning tho, so it's not like he didn't oversee the whole thing.

The team directly responsible for writing P4A's storyline was the Trauma Team group. Specifically, Teppei Kobayashi. Hashino was listed under planning tho, so it's not like he didn't oversee the whole thing.
So then conservatively, there's still a chance that P5 might be [arena spoilers]
Persona all-stars versus Nyarlathotep, with Elizabeth as the protagonist because she has the fool arcana
?

HOORAY!

(I'm fine if the consolation prize is that being the setup to a P4 Arena sequel)

Sophia

So then conservatively, there's still a chance that P5 might be [arena spoilers]
Persona all-stars versus Nyarlathotep, with Elizabeth as the protagonist because she has the fool arcana
?

HOORAY!

(I'm fine if the consolation prize is that being the setup to a P4 Arena sequel)

More likely
they take the Persona 2 route and having the Persona 3/4 show up as supporting and playable guests characters while using a new cast. I find it highly unlikely, near impossible even, that Elizabeth will show up as the protagonist given Atlus's stance on protagonists usually being silent.

Trigger

?

Lawd, the amount of fanservice that would produce. Save for it Super Persona Arena Turbo (or whatever they'll call the fighting game sequel).

Venfayth

What do you need to fuse that? I'm level 48 but don't recall ever seeing it in the list.

Actually nevermind, I'll have to check again.

A trick for fusing personas:

Say there are 8 chariot persona:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(1 being lowest level, 8 being highest)

If you have two persona in that arcana, you can make any persona that is a lower base level than the highest one you have. If you had 2 and 3, fuse them together to make 1. If you had 1 and 3, fuse them together to make 2. If you did a fuse like 1 and 5, it'd make the closest to the base level of the average between them.

Ame no Uzeme is the lowest level Aeon, so you'd need to fuse the 2nd lowest Aeon and the 3rd lowest Aeon together to make her.

This knowledge is very useful when trying to complete your Compendium.

Dantis

?

HOORAY!

I'm pretty sure P5 won't follow on. The main team didn't have much to do with Arena.

-GJ-

So I maxed out my link with Yukiko and I'm dating her, but what can I do now? I can still take her out, but I can't upgrade her social link even more. What's the point of taking her out on a date? Does it have any benefits over spending the same time upgrading the social link of another character?

So I maxed out my link with Yukiko and I'm dating her, but what can I do now? I can still take her out, but I can't upgrade her social link even more. What's the point of taking her out on a date? Does it have any benefits over spending the same time upgrading the social link of another character?

welcome to one of the major flaws of the social link system

Nope. It's almost like the game is making a social comment about how people only hang out with others for their own benefit; once nothing can be gained, people move on.

You can smash her on Christmas eve. But seriously this has to be the biggest thing wrong with p3 and p4. Hopefully it's fixedin p5.

I'm wondering for the Platinum adventure, I bought this and have beat it on PS2.

On my second play through I obviously want to get all trophies and everything... is there a super-strict guide to follow to make it happen available?

yami4ct

?

HOORAY!

I'd say it's an 80% chance of being a setup for a P4 Arena Sequel, 19% chance of a set up for a non-P5 side story proper JRPG, and 1% actual P5. Way more likely than not, P5 will go the new characters/new story route. It's the way things should be.

-GJ-

Nope. It's almost like the game is making a social comment about how people only hang out with others for their own benefit; once nothing can be gained, people move on.
welcome to one of the major flaws of the social link system
You can smash her on Christmas eve. But seriously this has to be the biggest thing wrong with p3 and p4. Hopefully it's fixedin p5.

Alright thanks. That's kinda weird though. I guess I'll invest my time in other social links then.

Sophia

I'd say it's an 80% chance of being a setup for a P4 Arena Sequel, 19% chance of a set up for a non-P5 side story proper JRPG, and 1% actual P5. Way more likely than not, P5 will go the new characters/new story route. It's the way things should be.

For what it's worth, Persona 4 Arena had setup at the end of Persona 4 itself. I don't think we'll get a P4A sequel anytime soon. Maybe a balance patch or costume DLC.

Varna

Yup. It makes me feel kind of messed up to be honest. One of my maxed social links asked me to hang out on the weekend... but I only have so many days left (I'm assuming) so I declined...

This would be a really hard thing to solve. I recall P3 had a few social links that once you reach the final rank the characters had some story related reason for not being around anymore. That's one way to handle em. Of course now most social links involve your party members so that's out...

Another idea I had... and I know people wouldn't like this. Just keep the maxing of all social links for the New Game+. Lock progress behind certain dates so you are working on certain ones for the majority of the game. This one has the added benefit of not making you so overpowered with certain Arcana AND keeping some cutscenes from not making any sense (Why would I be worried about sharing an umbrella with you when I've already had sex with you?).

Venfayth

No, Yukiko, our social link is ALREADY MAXED. There's no point to us hanging out any longer, our bond is already indestructible! I need to go hang out with other people. Goodbye.

P90

Yup. It makes me feel kind of messed up to be honest. One of my maxed social links asked me to hang out on the weekend... but I only have so many days left (I'm assuming) so I declined...

This would be a really hard thing to solve. I recall P3 had a few social links that once you reach the final rank the characters had some story related reason for not being around anymore. That's one way to handle em. Of course now most social links involve your party members so that's out...

Another idea I had... and I know people wouldn't like this. Just keep the maxing of all social links for the New Game+. Lock progress behind certain dates so you are working on certain ones for the majority of the game. This one has the added benefit of not making you so overpowered with certain Arcana AND keeping some cutscenes from not making any sense (Why would I be worried about sharing an umbrella with you when I've already had sex with you?).

I like this idea.

Trigger

This is actually a good suggestion. The only issue I guess would be making sure players still had some freedom in who they can hang out with.

Huh, wow. I knew you could change the difficulty mid-game during a NG+, but I didn't know you could specifically customize different parts of the difficulty. You can change the amount of damage taken, the damage given, exp won, money won, retries in dungeons, and retries in battle however you want.

I'm now into January, and looking back on the journey so far, the extra stuff really helped me fall in love with the world and characters once again. While there are def some implausabilities (a little too fanservicey at points, learning instruments in a few days) Its been an awesome ride and further enhances (imo) the best part of persona 4, which is feeling like you're living as part of the world as the protagonist. A testament to the excellent characterization of the characters and their voice acting.

I also have to give special mention to the new music tracks. They fit right in, and especially the night time/winter themes are quite amazing

Necrovex

I opened up a package today, and I saw it was a gift from one of my secret santas. Unfortunately, he didn't wrap those presents up, since he got it directly from my Amazon's wishlist. I got a sexy-ass copy of The Last Story and Persona 4 Golden. Now, I have to decide whether to play through Persona 3 Portable or Persona 4 Golden after I complete Shadow Dragon and Persona 2. DECISIONS!

Trying to follow a guide to to max all social links in NG+ and still somehow ended up one rank behind in five different social links... still in June, though, so not freaking out too much just yet. Ugh

Varna

I opened up a package today, and I saw it was a gift from one of my secret santas. Unfortunately, he didn't wrap those presents up, since he got it directly from my Amazon's wishlist. I got a sexy-ass copy of The Last Story and Persona 4 Golden. Now, I have to decide whether to play through Persona 3 Portable or Persona 4 Golden after I complete Shadow Dragon and Persona 2. DECISIONS!

I would play P3P. Just because it will be hard to go back to it after playing P4G. Game looks incredibly good on the vita. All the text, menus and art are just really sharp. P3P will look really fuzzy by comparison. Also quiet a bit of improvements on the gameplay front.

Necrovex

I would play P3P. Just because it will be hard to go back to it after playing P4G. Game looks incredibly good on the vita. All the text, menus and art are just really sharp. P3P will look really fuzzy by comparison. Also quiet a bit of improvements on the gameplay front.

Don't play P3P play this. You will thank me later

Where is Dantis when I need him? :-(

I am going to play both games regardless. I want to be a stylish girl!

Varna

Where is Dantis when I need him? :-(

I am going to play both games regardless. I want to be a stylish girl!

Your in luck. The female MC is written so much better then both of the male MCs. There is just way too many moments when feel like some anime harem to me (note: I've never actually watched one. I'm just assuming).

Who curr.

Listen to facts. P4G is better and you won't look back

He is playing both. It makes sense to play them in order since P4 does have features that will make it hard to go back.

Trigger

I told Junpei I loved him and he wouldn't say it back. I'm not touching P3P again!!*

*Or at least until after I do a second playthrough of Golden.

Necrovex

Who curr.

Listen to facts. P4G is better and you won't look back

Persona 4 Golden will receive the love it deserves. But I decided to play through P3P first, since I haven't played that game in a LONG time.
And it will look like ass after playing P4G.

Your in luck. The female MC is written so much better then both of the male MCs. There is just way too many moments when feel like some anime harem to me (note: I've never actually watched one. I'm just assuming).

He is playing both. It makes sense to play them in order since P4 does have features that will make it hard to go back.

Rad. I'm glad to hear the female MC is written better. I already have decided on some of the social links I'll be touching upon during that play-through. Though, are there any particular social links that are drastically different during the female MC's play-through?

I told Junpei I loved him and he wouldn't say it back. I'm not touching P3P again!!*

*Or at least until after I do a second playthrough of Golden.

Junpei is nicknamed "Stupei" for a reason.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm pretty sure Marie is a persona 5 character. we'll see though.

I can't think of any other reason to put a giant roman numeral 5 on her hat, unless they're just trolling.

I thought she might have had some connection to "Be Blue V," or whatever that store was called from Persona 3, but that didn't pan out.

Trigger

I can't think of any other reason to put a giant roman numeral 5 on her hat, unless they're just trolling.

I thought she might have had some connection to "Be Blue V," or whatever that store was called from Persona 3, but that didn't pan out.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I-I never noticed that.

SoulUnison

Banned
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I-I never noticed that.

I think the going theory is that she's in the Velvet Room being groomed to be Igor's assistant for the next game.

Of course, it might not be a roman numeral, but just a stylish "V" for "Velvet," but it's hard not to theorize.

marie_thumb.jpg

SoulUnison

Banned
Oh wow. I didn't realize this was something new.
It was literally my first thought about the character when she was first revealed before the game came out.

Trigger

I was distracted by the bad poetry.

can someone tell me without spoilers when/how i need to worry about making sure i get the true ending?

It's all done on the very last day of the game. Ask again when you get to that point. It would be spoilers to tell you anything more really.

Squire

Banned
So, does this mean you'll still be a high schooler in P5, given Marie's age? (or rather, her appearance). I guess that doesn't have to have anything to do with anything since Marge is an adult, but this reminds me: we need a P4G spoilers/P5 speculation thread.

SoulUnison

Banned
I wonder if they might be planning to replace Igor entirely. If i recall correctly, his Japanese VA passed away about 2 years after Persona 4 came out. For the little they used the character in the animation, they just recycled voice clips from P4 itself. That's why most of the Velvet Room scenes in the anime are Margaret-centric.

Japan tends to be pretty reluctant to recast characters, especially prolific ones.

Sophia

Oh wow. I didn't realize this was something new.
It was literally my first thought about the character when she was first revealed before the game came out.

People didn't see the V on her head? First thing that stuck out to me pretty much. I just assume it stood for the velvet room.

Some people do enjoy overcomplicating things. Or just miss them. You wouldn't believe how many people thought an Evoker was required to summon your Persona. >_> Plus, she's seen without the hat in the beginning of the game anyhow.

Syrinx

On September 24. Just completed the fifth dungeon.

I don't want to sound like a dickhole, but I kinda saw the revelation about Naoto (a.k.a. Naoto's a chick) coming. I remember the first time speaking to him(her) how I thought her voice was very feminine. I know I never said this here, but you guys'll have to believe me.

At least now I know what her shadow meant by "body-alteration process" She was talking about a sex change, because she always saw her profession as a strictly masculine endeavor. She wanted to be a man so she would have the respect of her peers.

Can you romance Naoto? Though that would be a pretty big disaster for my guy.

Top Bottom