• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

LuchaShaq

Banned
You're going to have to share your wizardry in more detail, esp. for Yukiko's dungeon.

Yukiko's dungeon was hardest but just go through the bottom 3 floors a few times to build up a stack of SP items/tons of persona to fuse up and get a fire immune persona with high magic through level up and magic up cards.

I killed her boss with chie/youske dead for 80% of the fight.

Noi

Yukiko's dungeon requires a lot more preparation because you have less options for restoring SP. Best thing to do is abuse SOS.

I've been doing that, but my problem is less that and more the abundance of enemies that can straight up murder you with no weaknesses to speak of. I pretty much have to run from every Heat Balance x3 encounter, and it's not uncommon for the 2x Magical Magus fights to go Mind Charge > Maragi > kills MC in one turn thanks to Chie being weak to Agi.

Looking at Lucha's post above, I guess I'll have to farm in the lower floors for a bit. Really low EXP to be gotten down there though.

Meier

How do I use my prize stickers from the HSN channel? I tried to click my mailbox outside but can't. Is the bit about 3 being worth a prize just in name only?

Venfayth

I've been doing that, but my problem is less that and more the abundance of enemies that can straight up murder you with no weaknesses to speak of. I pretty much have to run from every Heat Balance x3 encounter, and it's not uncommon for the 2x Magical Magus fights to go Mind Charge > Maragi > kills MC in one turn thanks to Chie being weak to Agi.

Looking at Lucha's post above, I guess I'll have to farm in the lower floors for a bit. Really low EXP to be gotten down there though.

I did a ridiculous amount of farming on the first level of the castle. Reset it (by returning to the entrance of the TV world) until you get a first-floor pattern that has a chest near the entrance, preferably with no shadow spawn in between.

Run to and open the chest, then use square to leave. Do NOT return to the entrance of the TV world, but turn around and go right back in, the layout will be the same. This means you get to farm that chest for as long as you want. Do this to stock up on Snuff Souls and healing items (use these for post combat healing instead of Dia to save even more SP)

Once you can clear the first floor enemies without spending SP, you can also use SOS for infinite HP/SP also.

I did a ridiculous amount of farming on the first level of the castle. Reset it (by returning to the entrance of the TV world) until you get a first-floor pattern that has a chest near the entrance, preferably with no shadow spawn in between.

Run to and open the chest, then use square to leave. Do NOT return to the entrance of the TV world, but turn around and go right back in, the layout will be the same. This means you get to farm that chest for as long as you want. Do this to stock up on Snuff Souls and healing items (use these for post combat healing instead of Dia to save even more SP)

Once you can clear the first floor enemies without spending SP, you can also use SOS for infinite HP/SP also.

Wait so the chest will restock each time?

Noi

Thank you! I'll do just that once I'm done dying against this Avenger Knight/Bronze Dice duo.

Noi

Hearing the (Golden enemy spoiler)
Reaper's chains
during fucking Yukiko Castle Floor 1 is unnerving as hell. I'm thankfully aware of how he pops up at you this time around, but it's still effective enough to make me recall all of my close shaves with him in other games.

Also, I realize it's still extra help, but I do get annoyed when I answer like 50 SOS requests before a battle and only end up with one person responding to mine.
KuGsj.gif

And to think of how utterly diligent and courteous everyone has been with spoilers up until now, blacking out even character and dungeon names.

The best part is that for 20 minutes and counting, it's still up!

Curufinwe

Holy shit, can we get a mod in here to clean up this guy's mess.

That second to last picture is a huge spoiler for people new to the game. You need to link it as well.

Actually, after reading Waikis' post, I realized the first picture is as well.

Hey, no need to get insulting.

I'm sorry, but I had to be cruel to be kind.

Venfayth

Need a couple advices:

Hermit S.Link 7 (might be 8)
How do I help the guy get over his fear of cats? I know I'm supposed to bring him a red goldfish or something, and that there's supposed to be a cat in front of my house, but there is never a cat there :/

Trophy Completion: Someone said one of the trophies require Very Hard, which one is that?

mkenyon

Banned
I stayed up till 1:30 last night, a work night, because of this game. I can't remember the last time I did something like that.

I'm at work now, and my Vita is in my bag tempting me something fierce.

Sera O

Banned
Need a couple advices:

How do I help the guy get over his fear of cats? I know I'm supposed to bring him a red goldfish or something, and that there's supposed to be a cat in front of my house, but there is never a cat there :/

Step 1:
Are you sure the cat isn't there? As far as I know it's always out there. After talking to the guy once, you'll remember there's a cat by your house. Go to the area outside Dojima's place and talk to the orange cat on the right side of that screen near the carport. When you talk to it you get a prompt to bring it to the guy.

Step 2:
Another day, go back to talk to the guy. He will say he might do better if he had a cute fish because he's also scared of fish - what a ball of complexes. That's when you can give him the red goldfish. IIRC he takes off and you have to go talk to him another day again to complete the quest.

Golbez

Need a couple advices:

Trophy Completion: Someone said one of the trophies require Very Hard, which one is that?
LhEAtl.jpg

This cat gave me a lot of trouble four years ago because I kept denying it pets. You have to pet it once to use the cat for the quest. I think I only see him at night... looks like Saturday might be a day he's around. Don't know any of the finer details though.

skarabrae

Banned
Stock up on TaP sodas every week.

Best way is to simply fuse a Sarasvati early on for Invigorate 2. SOS alerts are also helpful although they're tedious to use.

I actually abuse the hell out of SOS, even though their benefits are minimal. Is there a trophy associated with this feature?

Also, I NEVER actually farmed TaP sodas in my PS2 playthrough :O. Though maxing out the Fox S.Link early on seems like a more efficient affair.

I think I have a Sarasvati already fused, so I'll work on getting that.

Noi

Fighting (first dungeon spoiler)
Shadow Yukiko and the Prince
on Very Hard makes me feel like I'm fighting (mid-game dungeon spoiler)
Shadow Teddie
on Normal. Such a grueling endurance match...

Joe Molotov

I'm glad I decided to play this on Normal instead of listening to the people that were like "Very Hard is babby easy, my cat beat it". I just beat the first dungeon and it seemed tough enough. It wasn't that any of the monsters were really that hard by themselves, just that each encounter was an SP sponge, and I was using more SP that I was finding items to restore it. I managed to beat the mid-level boss in one day, but I had to go back after that because I was completely drained. Then I find out you can't even buy SP items back in town, other than sodas that only give you 5 or 10SP, and only a limited supply of them. I'd rather not spend hours farming for items on low levels, and I'd like to do as many S-Links as I can instead of wasting a lot of days in in the dungeon.

Dantis

So I've been at the end of November for like four days now. Really can't be bothered with the December dungeon. I hate it.

Persona 3 and 4 both have this void where you've just wrapped up your S Links and everything, and you're waiting for the end of the game but you have like a month or two of nothing beforehand.

That's something I'd like them to fix in P5.

Noi

Twice now I've gotten to the end of this stupid boss fight and the boss uses Double Fangs on the MC for all his health after one-shotting Chie with Agi. Not even a Crit on the Double Fang, just a straight up one shot.

Not even Nocturne treated me this harshly, and I did a Hard mode TDE run on my very first time through the game. :(

Venfayth

Twice now I've gotten to the end of this stupid boss fight and the boss uses Double Fangs on the MC for all his health after one-shotting Chie with Agi. Not even a Crit on the Double Fang, just a straight up one shot.

Not even Nocturne treated me this harshly, and I did a Hard mode TDE run on my very first time through the game. :(

Leave Chie dead, it's honestly easier.

The boss in Void dungeon is kicking my ass. Don't remember how I beat him back on PS2. Any tips?

After breaking his shell, the babby will cast an elemental shield on himself, this indicates which spell he's about to start casting on your team. If he casts Red Wall, get ready for Maragion. Green Wall = Magarula, etc.

Try casting a buff on your team with one of your turns. This causes the AI to want to dispel it with dekaja, so you effectively trade one of your four turns for one of his two turns.

Noi

Leave Chie dead, it's honestly easier.

I only mentioned the Chie thing as an aside, but I try to keep her alive and have a Red Wall on her because she helps divert attacks off the MC (I bring her back to life and just have her use Skewer until she dies again). It's just a tad frustrating that the boss can pretty much one-shot all of my party members individually, with Yosuke being even easier to pick off than Chie. Yosuke dies from a single Agi, and that's not even his weakness. At least I'm using a Fire Null persona on my MC to protect him from that.

Astral

I have a question about the Jester Social Link. Am I supposed to act like a complete jackass to level it up faster? He seems to shrug off anything nice I say.

neoemonk

I feel your pain. Those guys are dicks when you're low level. Does Yosuke have Makajam that early? I love that and tentarafoo.

Noi

Jesus, I didn't even know this was a valid strategy against this boss.

Rather than be a coward on the defensive, I opted to straight up overpower Shadow Yukiko. During the turn that she summons the Prince, Yukiko had been slapped with a Def debuff and I'd used an Assault Signal on my party. Proceeded to wallop Yukiko with AoAs doing tons of damage, to the point where when the Prince's first turn came up, he immediately ran away without doing anything. I was laughing my ass off at the fact that I'd literally scared him away.
KuGsj.gif

Of course, I still lost the battle because the boss used a Double Fang on the MC the turn when Tarunda ran out. No emote to express how frustrating this is.

Trigger

I have a question about the Jester Social Link. Am I supposed to act like a complete jackass to level it up faster? He seems to shrug off anything nice I say.

Yes. I just follow whatever the logic of the other person in most social links.

Do you guys at high levels (50+) use more than one persona in battle or do you just keep one super powered persona?

It comes down to how you prefer to swing. One persona is fine if you've got a balanced party.

Golbez

Do you guys at high levels (50+) use more than one persona in battle or do you just keep one super powered persona?
I do try to have one go-to Persona for tough fights, but I generally run through dungeons with whoever I want to level up. I certainly keep multiple Persona around for things like having a Phys guy, a debuffer, a healer, etc.

Top Bottom