• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Do you guys at high levels (50+) use more than one persona in battle or do you just keep one super powered persona?

On normal or lower you're good with one or two personas carrying whatever element(s) skill your party doesn't already have. As long as you're keeping up with S.Links, forming 1-2 strong persona per dungeon should probably be able to carry you through.

Above that, I've been using one for auto-start buffs, one for debuffs while my party pounds on shadows, and then a strong finisher with the one element my party doesn't already have if needed. Spreading experience around gets to be pretty tricky with more than 2-3 though. Also end up making more specific persona for boss fights.

Does anyone else feel ridiculously overpowered towards end game (December)? I'm playing on very hard and I'm instant killing almost every enemy with a combination of hamaon/mudoon/megidolan + mind charge.

Just noticed another little thing - praying at the shrine at night, you may sometimes find that somebody left an item there. I got a purifying salt just now. Time to start praying.

On a side note, not only does Persona 4 have a shot of being 2012's highest rated game on metacritic, it has a shot of being one of 2013's most essential RPGs in kswiston's thread here on GAF.

Meier

Ugh I've managed to get at least 30-40 ritz wires and demon statues while trying to kill a laughing table. Driving me mad..

Edit: Oh man, The Reaper just fucked me up lol.

Ponn

Banned
I'm trying to build up my Izanagi because I dumped so many stat upgrade shuffle cards into him but he doesn't get any new abilities or power upgrades. I get you have to use skill cards but I can't get any null cards or even maziodyne. I stuck evade phys and evade wind on him but when I get a skill level up shuffle card it says can't upgrade anything on him. How do i get the null skills on him and do I just have to grind for the dyne cards?

Trigger

I'm trying to build up my Izanagi because I dumped so many stat upgrade shuffle cards into him but he doesn't get any new abilities or power upgrades. I get you have to use skill cards but I can't get any null cards or even maziodyne. I stuck evade phys and evade wind on him but when I get a skill level up shuffle card it says can't upgrade anything on him. How do i get the null skills on him and do I just have to grind for the dyne cards?

Null skills evolve from resist abilities. To get Null Phys you need resist Phys first. The single target -dyne level spells have to come from personae. I never got them in a dungeon. The all -dyne spells are evolved from their single target counterparts.

Metroidvania

Why the fuck is fishing so hard?

Yeah, fishing is not fun. Never thought I'd miss P4's mash the circle button til your fingers fell off.

The Hold the circle prompt goes away so quickly, it seems really tough to get that bonus triangle pull from reading the expert fishing book. I'm just about to go looking for the guardian, and it's gonna suck. edit: Though it has admittedly gotten easier, you need to pay attention to which way the rod is jerking on-screen and go the opposite to keep it closer to the middle, kinda.

Also question, can you get the cards from each Persona's innnate card-skill multiple times? If so, I will have to spend some time in Playthrough 2 at the cafe.

Ponn

Banned
Null skills evolve from resist abilities. To get Null Phys you need resist Phys first. The single target -dyne level spells have to come from personae. I never got them in a dungeon. The all -dyne spells are evolved from their single target counterparts.

Ugh. Alright thanks. Do you happen to know off-hand what persona I can get Ziodyne from in the cafe?

Interesting, I found the Fox and Chie in one of the Rise's dungeon rooms. Looked like I could switch her in too

Pretty cool little additions springing up

Big spoilers for newbies to P4, but
how do you visit Nanako in the hospital?
I dont remember how. Its not the bus stop, and Ive talked to party members.

What level should I be when fighting
S.Rise/Teddie
?

Almost at the top of the dungeon, still using the personas from the previous one and I'm at level 27

Metroidvania

What level should I be when fighting
S.Rise/Teddie
?

Almost at the top of the dungeon, still using the personas from the previous one and I'm at level 27

On normal? IIRC, around late 20s to early 30s with items/playing careful is okay, >35 is cake.

Are there any of those dating "bump in with your other lover" videos?

I know of at least one with Rise and Sun during a Yosuke telephone call/outing. Somewhere in Sept-Oct.

12/5 question
Someone posted a few pages back an ending guide and it said you could withhold the correct person's name from your friends even though you know it and get a different bad ending thats new to Golden, but its not giving me any option to do that.

what am i missing?

12/5 question
Someone posted a few pages back an ending guide and it said you could withhold the correct person's name from your friends even though you know it and get a different bad ending thats new to Golden, but its not giving me any option to do that.

what am i missing?
Be level 8 in
jester social link

On normal? IIRC, around late 20s to early 30s with items/playing careful is okay, >35 is cake.

On hard

I've played through this a couple times on normal and never really had to think about anything. Got wiped out by those lion wheel things and got one shot by the samurai dudes so I was a bit concerned

Lusankya

Big spoilers for newbies to P4, but
how do you visit Nanako in the hospital?
I dont remember how. Its not the bus stop, and Ive talked to party members.

Talk to party members who don't have a "!" above their head. Everyday it's a different party member and the first one should be Yosuke (standing in the class room).

Be level 8 in
jester social link

You need to be level 6 before you finish the 6th dungeon. The rest of the SL levels will happen automatically.

Lusankya

No rumble in the Vita.

It's not that hard. Just keep waiting until the blue gauge in the middle gets big again and rather don't press O at all instead of pressing it too often. After you have read the "Expert Fishing" book, it becomes really easy and it's usually game over for most fishes once you see the triangle popping up.

Tiu Neo

Finishing this game. It may be too soon to say, but... I think this is my second favorite game ever. Seriously.

Before that, I had only played the PSP versions of Persona 1 and half of the PS2 version of Persona 4. I think I'll play some version os Persona 3 now, I heard a lot of good things about it. Is it as good as this game, better, or immv? Also, FES or Portable?

Most of my favorite jRPG series are pretty much dead now, so this game was kind of a ray of hope to me.

Sophia

Is it as good as this game, better, or immv? Also, FES or Portable?

Persona 4 really builds on the foundation that Persona 3 made, so they're pretty similar. If you're coming off of Golden, you'll probably want to play Persona 3 Portable for direct control and mechanics closer to P4. If you play FES, you'll probably want to play it in PCS2 with the widescreen patch, if that option is available to you.

Avoid the PSN version of P3FES. It has numerous issues.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Holy shit Black Frost is my homie for life.

Got a bunch of skill change cards.

Cool Breeze
Invigorate 3
Mind Charge
Fire Amp

Magarula
Mazionga
Mabufala
Maragion (about to change to agidyne then try the VQ boss)

I basically have infinite SP and destroy everything even on very hard. Most of the time the rest of my party doesn't even get a turn.

Holy shit Black Frost is my homie for life.

Got a bunch of skill change cards.

Cool Breeze
Invigorate 3
Mind Charge
Fire Amp

Magarula
Mazionga
Mabufala
Maragion (about to change to agidyne then try the VQ boss)

I basically have infinite SP and destroy everything even on very hard. Most of the time the rest of my party doesn't even get a turn.

That looks mean as fuck

You get Ma spells from fusions or using cards?

Sophia

Like what?

The external resolution isn't right on most HDTVs (black bars at the top and bottom), the colors aren't right if you're using HDMI and the Full setting, and there are various emulation glitches ranging from the mildly annoying (some graphical effects, one area of Tartarus is really badly affected) to the rare but downright nasty (such as the game eating your save game.)

Just save yourself the hassle and get a PS2, or PCSX2, or Persona 3 Portable.

Top Bottom