• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Ponn

Banned
Is the Persona 4 artbook pretty good? I have the first Valkyria Chronicles artbook and love it. I liked how it showed all the concept artwork and was pretty comprehensive. Is the P4 book similar in that regards or is it just a collection of the artwork already found like in the promos and instruction booklet?

YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR SKILLS WHEN FUSING NOW???? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Tell me about it. I love all the little tweaks this has got (being able to select skills in fusion, being able to go out at night, shuffle time making it easier to get the cards you want, more time at the end of the game, restarting at the beginning of the floor if you die, etc). The whole game is a lot more convenient/accessible.

vall03

what are the tips for getting Hardcore Risette Fan trophy? Ive been thinking of using the other three party memebers that I have not been using on the Final Dungeon but not sure if it will be enough...

Ken

How do I fuse for Ame No Uzume? I don't see her in the Search list for fusion. Also does Invigorate only kick in if the persona with it is equipped?

Am level 50ish and want to get someone with Invigorate soon.

Trigger

How do I fuse for Ame No Uzume? I don't see her in the Search list for fusion. Also does Invigorate only kick in if the persona with it is equipped?

Am level 50ish and want to get someone with Invigorate soon.

Yes to the bold.

18-Volt

I got all the books, only called "The Divine Way" is left. Where the hell is this book? I read that you get it on August 21 at the festival but no one gave me such book.

Dantis

Is the Persona 4 artbook pretty good? I have the first Valkyria Chronicles artbook and love it. I liked how it showed all the concept artwork and was pretty comprehensive. Is the P4 book similar in that regards or is it just a collection of the artwork already found like in the promos and instruction booklet?

I love it. The P4 artworks is largely sketchwork, with some really nice commentary from Soejima (I love his header for the Yosuke section "My own personal take on Yosuke's character is that he is not a particularly artistic soul, and any visualisation produced by his limited imagination would be simplistic and cheap"). Soejima Artworks on the other hand is entirely made up of illustrations, which sounds like what you don't want.

Trigger

Any advice for
Matsuo
?

I'm not even sure what he's getting me with. Guessing Almighty?

The three -nda skills are helpful. Try to cover your weaknesses. I think some said
that the element the baby form resists is the element it will use (aka if it casts green shield it will use wind spells).

There's nothing else I can think of outside of leveling. Mediarama is a great skill for this battle.

Curufinwe

I thought it was great. A lot of interesting stuff in there.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I got all the books, only called "The Divine Way" is left. Where the hell is this book? I read that you get it on August 21 at the festival but no one gave me such book.

Go there with any of the girls you're dating I think. Got it when I went with Yukiko.

Valentine's day almost made me cry(especially when you turn down naoto).

Since i accidentally friendzoned everyone, i just had a bro-lentine's day with Yosuke, Teddy, and Kanji. It gave me some rather vivid memories of years past...

I assume everyone also gets one from Marie?

Ponn

Banned
I love it. The P4 artworks is largely sketchwork, with some really nice commentary from Soejima (I love his header for the Yosuke section "My own personal take on Yosuke's character is that he is not a particularly artistic soul, and any visualisation produced by his limited imagination would be simplistic and cheap"). Soejima Artworks on the other hand is entirely made up of illustrations, which sounds like what you don't want.

Thanks. I like the more indepth artbooks yea. Like I was really upset when Amazon didn't fulfill my The Sky Amano art book because its more then just art you find in the booklets or on the cover.

And HOLY SHIT!! I just went outside to take my garbage out to the dumpster and my entire complex is engulfed in a thick ass spooky fog and its chilly out. The street lamps are even giving off that eerie orange glow. Hasn't even rained here in days.

Thanks. I like the more indepth artbooks yea. Like I was really upset when Amazon didn't fulfill my The Sky Amano art book because its more then just art you find in the booklets or on the cover.

And HOLY SHIT!! I just went outside to take my garbage out to the dumpster and my entire complex is engulfed in a thick ass spooky fog and its chilly out. The street lamps are even giving off that eerie orange glow. Hasn't even rained here in days.

Quick, jump into your TV.

Noi

Stay safe bro.

Don't get close to any TVs at midnight.

Trigger

Someone is dead.

It's time for you to reach out to the truth.

Ponn

Banned
Quick, jump into your TV.

Hypothetically how much of a nerd would I be if I had came in and turned off the TV and tried to put my hand on the screen?

FtBpr.jpg

Crap you can barely see it with stupid Vita camera.

Do I need to trigger something for the River Guardian fish?

I got the inaba jewel beatle and tried fishing for it with no avail.
You have to have tried fishing at the beach and have the game tell you NOPE, talk to the old fisherman at Samegawa river afterwards and he'll tell you to get him the River Guardian first, have the Inaba Jewel beetle and Fish while raining or
when the fog sets in during November/December

Noi

You know, it's often understated, but I really love how flexible the the social links in P4 are. While I like the P3 cast and setting more overall, I certainly wish P3 had S. Links that increased ranks, gave me money AND raised a social stat.

ckohler

I'm level 27 and I'm just starting
Rise's Dungeon
. I'm having trouble figuring out the right way to build up skills in my Persona and deciding on which Persona to have. There are just so many spells and it's tough to always have both strong Persona (high level) and also Persona with actual useful spells.

For example, when I was around level 20 I always had one Persona that I gave most of the elemental spells to. This way, I would be able to exploit weaknesses without having to spend a lot of time trying to find a certain spell among several Persona. However, it's so tricky to get spells into each Persona. They only can hold eight and lots of times I don't have the cards.

I'm thinking I might try building a strong "attack" persona for use when I want to deal all the different elementals and a "support" persona for debuffs, healing, etc. Probably a bad idea but I just can't really get a grasp on the right technique. I'm open to suggestions on good Personas to make that work well. So far, everything has been trial and error with most of the time it just being error. It seems I have to keep trading between either having Persona that are a couple of levels above me or a bunch of lesser level ones that have a variety of useful skills.

One thing I think I've learned is that silencing and debuffing are crucial on hard enemies.

Also, I only have one Darkness spell and have NO Light spell. I'm not even sure how to find more of those.

I'm level 27 and I'm just starting
Rise's Dungeon
. I'm having trouble figuring out the right way to build up skills in my Persona and deciding on which Persona to have. There are just so many spells and it's tough to always have both strong Persona (high level) and also Persona with actual useful spells.

For example, when I was around level 20 I always had one Persona that I gave most of the elemental spells to. This way, I would be able to exploit weaknesses without having to spend a lot of time trying to find a certain spell among several Persona. However, it's so tricky to get spells into each Persona. They only can hold eight and lots of times I don't have the cards.

I'm thinking I might try building a strong "attack" persona for use when I want to deal all the different elementals and a "support" persona for debuffs, healing, etc. Probably a bad idea but I just can't really get a grasp on the right technique. I'm open to suggestions on good Personas to make that work well. So far, everything has been trial and error with most of the time it just being error. It seems I have to keep trading between either having Persona that are a couple of levels above me or a bunch of lesser level ones that have a variety of useful skills.

One thing I think I've learned is that silencing and debuffing are crucial on hard enemies.

Also, I only have one Darkness spell and have NO Light spell. I'm not even sure how to find more of those.

I'm by no means a power gamer, and there are ways to do it. But I usually will carry enough persona to balance out my party weaknesses. Easiest just to fuse down to a few, and each one can cover an element or two. Physical is nice as well so you can conserve SP. When you get to the later game you can worry about stacking a persona or two, but early on just cover your bases, each persona having one or two is fine. Make sure you also have one with buffs/debuffs like attack up, defense down, hit/evade up for the boss fights, as they make them go much more quickly.

Also, looks like I will probably be able to max out my first playthrough, depending on how much time is in Jan/Feb. Pretty close to it anyways. Of course it won't really be a max since I missed the deadline on one of mine! But good to know I can chill and probably go without a guide on my New Game Plus, especially considering my free time to hang out at night and buy lotteries and the like.

Personally I find buffs/debuffs to pretty much useless on regular enemies. If you aren't knocking them all down and wiping them out in a group attack you aren't doing it right.

Noi

Personally I find buffs/debuffs to pretty much useless on regular enemies. If you aren't knocking them all down and wiping them out in a group attack you aren't doing it right.

*Unless you're playing on Very Hard. Then you run into a group of no weakness enemies in the very first dungeon and you die.

*Unless you're playing on Very Hard. Then you run into a group of no weakness enemies in the very first dungeon and you die.

Hah. I've sworn off very hard modes on games since God of War II, with few exceptions. But yes, no weakness enemies would be an exception.

Trigger

Still in the early parts of the game, I see. :p

I'll chime in and say that debuffs become way more important in the long run and they're the difference between having to grind and being able to scrape by on the skin your teeth in some early fights. The new system lets you choose which skills to inherit so keeping one persona with two or three debuff skills is a good strategy.

You have to have tried fishing at the beach and have the game tell you NOPE, talk to the old fisherman at Samegawa river afterwards and he'll tell you to get him the River Guardian first, have the Inaba Jewel beetle and Fish while raining or
when the fog sets in during November/December

Hmm so rain raises the chances or you can only catch in rain?

Edit: I think I got it after reading some more.

Ken

Still in the early parts of the game, I see. :p

I'll chime in and say that debuffs become way more important in the long run and they're the difference between having to grind and being able to scrape by on the skin your teeth in some early fights. The new system lets you choose which skills to inherit so keeping one persona with two or three debuff skills is a good strategy.

What debuffs should I make sure to have?

Ponn

Banned
Ok i'm at a crossroads here Persona Gaf.

Do I...

Give Teddie all I got

or

Deny Teddie all I got

Also why the hell is he putting girlie magazines in my fridge.

Edit: OH SHIT!
Dojima walked in on me and Teddie glomping

Top Bottom